GeForce GTX 950 Ti Mid-range Graphics Card To be Outed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

Good. I hope the price is right and NOONE buys the 370.

AMD dared to release a new card that doesnt support freesync - the 370 is the only one among the 300s that doesnt.

3. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Well, that's proly because the 370 is based on old tech, GCN 1.1, a rebranded 7850. So is the R7 360. The others are on the new GCN 1.2.

4. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

The r7 360 does support freesync however. I think its the same tech as is in the freesync supporting 260x.

AMD could have cut down Tonga and made a 370 with it. Anyway... that not my problem, i cant do AMDs work for them. But releasing a new midrange card that DOES NOT support freesync is a ****ing fail of the 3rd kind.

5. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

370 is GCN 1.0
    360, 390 is 1.1
    380, Fury is 1.2

freesync is passable only for GCN 1.1 and 1.2

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Tonga is still whooping 5B transistors, 360mm2 chip.
    Using it to fight nvidia's 230mm2 is not good business.

7. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Problem is, buying a freesync compatible monitor isn't cheap - Most people buying a budget card will be buying a budget monitor. Cheapest freesync monitor I've seen so far is £279 with a resolution of 2560x1080. Would you use the 370 for that resolution? I wouldn't.

I reckon this is the reason why AMD hasn't included the tech but begs the question why it's present in the 360 but it is trickle down tech.

Again it's just trickle-down technology at the end of it, the monitors supporting the feature currently have the "new tech premium", it'll take a couple years till it's affordable for like priced budget cards and by that time the cards will be outdated anyway.

8. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    And I'd say you're right. No one buying a 370 would drop the kind of money needed for a Freesync monitor. And like you said, no one would use a 370 at that resolution.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If it replace 750ti for the same price it will be competitive. Looking at the prices now, R7 370 and 750ti are the same price atm, 150Eur.

Even so you can get a R9 380 4GB for 200-220Eur which is quite faster so i dont see why would anyone buy this cards.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Tonga is another odd duck from AMD.

Higher trans count than Tahiti, few mm2 bigger, more recent GCN 1.1, texture compression --> it should be a resounding higher-performing Tahiti replacement,
    but instead of Tahiti upgrade, AMD is using Tonga to fill positions step bellow Tahiti.

It's bad as it is, and without using it fight the freaking 950 (Ti).

11. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

So you cant comprehend the possibility where some people want a GOOD looking artifact free monitor to play old or light games? (unpopular stuff like cs go or lol?) The same people who usually dont bother explaining themselves to spoiled children on forums.

You think freesync is for the people who only play crysis3 and witcher @ max settings?
    My head sometimes hurts how thick a skull some people can have.

And if you had compared the monitor you mentioned to the cheapest 29" widescreen available, you might have noticed that it costs the same... and there is NO "tech premium". You might be confusing freesync with gsync, dude.

12. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Jesus you really are upset today aren't you? Going around calling everyone spoiled and children.

Find me one person who is going to buy a 370 (especially against what Nvidia has to offer) and is then going to spend $500 on a Freesync monitor. Guess what, no one.

Unpopular? :wanker::wanker::wanker:

CSGO is currently the number 2 most played game on Steam with over 500,000 players every day. LoL having 7.5m concurrent peaks every day.

All you ever seem to care about and post are your precious 21:9 29" monitors.

Don't you have anything valuable to contribute to the forum?

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    because if you buy this card is that you are in budget segment and the 50/70 Eur mean lot of food for people...

by experience when i was selling and support for a computer shop, at 200 Eur people think it is expensive at 199 Eur it's OK :)
    R9 380 is up this limit and 750Ti below, this is why it is on same step R7 series...

of course you (as myself) are not in this segment, but we represent a minority, the main money is made with low and medium segment sale.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    +1

Though I have to agree it was stupid of AMD to have a GNC 1.0 GPU in their newest lineup, I don't even think the majority of GCN 1.1 or 1.2 owners care about freesync either.

15. mcfart

mcfart Guest

GPU:
    HD 5970
    wonder if the GTX 950 Ti will be better then the Fury X

16. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    :wanker: real comedian over here

17. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    In power draw maybe...

18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    My monitor is already "artifact free" and it isn't freesync/gsync. I don't have any objection to whatever marketing bullets trip someone's trigger--that's their business, completely. I was gaming before freesync/gsync, and I'll be gaming long after--and my games have never looked as bad as the "here's your game without freesync/gsync" examples that both companies use to promote themselves. Wonder why...Hmmmm...geewhiz...;)

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk, I mean monitor OEM's are definitely going to use Freesync as a premium value-add to higher end monitors. It may trickle down eventually to the lower end stuff and in that case I can probably see budget gaming machines wanting it. But I don't think that will happen for a while.

20. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Is it single-slot?

Is it half-height?

Does it flow moar GT/s then a 650Ti (unlike a 750Ti?)

Can it talk to my monitors, without doubling it's price in converters?

Will it being DX12 prevent me from playing games in my GTX 770? (Adding a GT 450 as sidekick to a GTX 280 was a bad plan.)