ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    I dont get this

Does anyone have advise on Why Solidworks sometimes does not see the softmod? 7.23 drivers 4780 as FirePro 8700. It works for a while then seems to not see the card as a pro series again.. SWX 2012. Thanks.

Win7 64

Is there a way to reset how SWX sees the card?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. emes

emes Guest

GPU:
    HD4850/V7750
    Hello guys, I need to buy a laptop ( new, not used one ) with fully softmodable graphic card, which gpu do you suggest ? Im Solidworks user and from time to time I need to visit my customers and show them my products ( realview is important in this case :) ), since I've got stationary workstation I don't want to spend money for expensive mobile one, this laptop has to give me a possibility to run a product showcase and it's not desired to everyday work , however I don't like to see any blocks and glitches during moving and rotating models so opengl performance must be reasonable - my assemblies are usually under 500 parts ( mostly 50-200 ) and my other pc with modded HD4850 is doing just fine so mobile equivalent should be ok.

3. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    SWX keeps losing the ability to use the SoftMod

Would using a modded atiogl.xml ? help does anyone have that file for 8.723.2 Drivers?

The link on the first page in down.

Or should I just reinstall SWX?

edit sorry for the multiple post i was trying to delete them.

edit adding update:

I determined the problem was when I have a seccond 4870 enabled. Not sure why SWX is all of the sudden losing the FireGL capabilities when the seccond 4870 is running. Both cards are modded as 8750. Very odd. But SWX gets the fast frame rate back from the 8750 when I disable card#2. Anyone seen this? Seems after a fresh install of the OS it works for a while with both but possibly eventually trips up and reverts. This is particully the case when taking a file created on another system. Having both cards running as 8750 worked for me for over 1 year. This is just a new wierdness.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  4. Mhelkir

Mhelkir Guest

GPU:
    4870X2
    Hi, can someone advise me:

whats better:

buy 512MB GDDR4 V7700 firegl card
    or
    radeon 4870 1GB Gddr5 and try to mod it into v8700 ?

I need to choose fast, and I am a little confused

Best regards

5. RunnerVed

RunnerVed Guest

GPU:
    ati sapphire hd4670 1gb3
    Hello everybody. I need a little help. "sapphire HD 4670 1GB ddr3" id like to softmoodit and make it work with windows 8 64. I understand that this is a huge subject, but if someone could just point me in the right direction I would appreciated alot. Has someone already didit, which drivers to use, anything

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  6. hengehog

hengehog Member

GPU:
    quadro 4000
    Emes
    In the same position myself.
    Go for radeon hd6990m & mod bios for all texture processors b4 flashing to give you firepro m"9900".
    Only trouble is finding one with ivy bridge cpu also.

Russ

7. eniac

eniac Guest

GPU:
    HD 5750 1024 GDDR 5
    IS THERE ANY Posibility to mod a HD 5750 .. is there a equivalent Firegl Card or not .. ??

thx :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    OK here's my offer:

I will give you the best mod possible at the moment (8.723 driver or newest with patched atikmdag.sys from 8.723) to mod your HD2/3/4/5/6xxx card to FirePro. As I have not much time and no more passion to answer the same questions all the time I will give you the patched driver you only have to install (Windows XP/7/8, x86 and x64) and the instructions (enable testmode, signing driver..). I can also help with the installation via TeamViewer..

I would do this for a PayPal donation to compensate the effort.. Send me a pm if you need help..

Maybe I take the money and donate it to someone who can help with future mods but I don't know atm..

Regards

P.S. Anyone can have this for free but then you have to rtfm, hmkey? ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. kicklOp

kicklOp Guest

GPU:
    sapphire hd6570 1GB
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  10. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    Hi CadCat,

Are you really getting a 6XXX card to function 100%? What kind of performance gains are you getting over the 4870?

What FirePro is a 6XXX card.

Have you changed the patchscript in any major way beyond the walkthrough instuctions?

Thanks, Rich

11. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    @eniac

I cannot write pm to you as you blocked it..??

@terrablader

I'm talking about using patched atikmdag.sys from 8.723 driver with newer drivers.. It works with my Mobility HD5870 and the scores in ViewPerf are good.. And I assume, if it works with HD5xxx series then it works with HD6xxx series too..

FirePro cards:

AMD FirePro V5900 (Cayman, 512 SPs, 128-Bit-Interface, 2 GB GDDR5-Speicher mit 2000 MHz, 2 DisplayPort)
    AMD FirePro V7900 (Cayman, 1280 SPs, 256-Bit-Interface, 2 GB GDDR5-Speicher mit 2500 MHz, 4 DisplayPort)

12. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    @cadcat, i can make You a donation of one beer ;)

can you send me your files you are using: modded ati2mtag.sys and .inf file? as i have 5650 mobile radeon, or just share the script and tell which line to edit for 5xxx card
    i am using drivers form my notebooks webpage its 8.771, as i used 8.930 and 8.95 and its performance is slower and has some annoying bugs

p.s. i work with 3dsmax and hope it will help to increase wireframe performance

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  13. Chapa75

Chapa75 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460
    Please tell me whether the following modes can be obtained 10 bit displayport or DualDVI connection? (Dell 3011). If possible, please tell me on what models it is possible?
    It is for this reason I am interested in Firepro.

BTW, Is it possible to convert 7970 into any modification Firepro?

Thanks in advance for lyuye answers!

14. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    messaging was turned off don't know why, its on now. thanks

15. SimpleCAD

SimpleCAD Member

GPU:
    Saphire 2GB HD4870
    Hope someone can help!!
    I have "successfully" modded a HD4870 using 8.72 drivers and also got slightly better performance again using 8.83 drivers and 8.72 ati2mtag.sys. (I have tested with Specviewperf 11)
    When I install drivers and reboot only one monitor is active. (Everything works fine!)
    However, if I select the second monitor (or reboot) then the performance improvements are gone.
    I use driver sweeper (in safe mode) to delete all old ATI 'junk' before installing drivers. I have then gone into registry and found more references to ATI and deleted them too!
    The modded performance is great! Viewperf 11.0 results, (1920x1080, snx-01) goes from about 10 to 22.89!
    How do I keep this great performance?
    (I am still using XP64. The graphics card is a 2GB version of HD4870. CPU is Xeon W3520)
    Thanks in advance!

16. SimpleCAD

SimpleCAD Member

GPU:
    Saphire 2GB HD4870
    Just to add to my last post. I have realised that FirePro performance on the HD4870 is maintained as long as I only have one monitor switched on.
    As soon as I attach the second monitor the performance drops back. All I have to do is unattach the 2nd monitor and the performance returns?
    I am using the DVI and DSUB outputs on the graphics card. (It doesn't matter which monitor I have on as long as it is only one.)
    Any suggestions appreciated.

17. PeterB

PeterB Guest

GPU:
    Palit HD4870x2
    Hi, how are you?

I´m trying make the soft mod to my HD 4870 X2 to firepro, but my SO (xp64 o W7 x64) not recognized it.

the single core HD 4870 have a chipset name RV770 the same from firepro v8700, but my HD 4870 X2 have this name R700.

I do not know if it really does not work for this, can anyone help?

thanks

18. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    hi Cadcat, did you ever send me your PM? i will PM you.

19. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    can anyone confirm that a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 will mod correctly 100%?
    how about 6XXX?

Thanks

20. NumNut

NumNut Guest

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    @terrablader
    The 6*** series seems to be a pipe dream, along with the 5870.
    Now we have the 7*** series cards out.
    Seems to be a never ending upgrade (i.e. 'catchup') as usual.

I am still waiting to finally turn my (now ancient) 6950 card into a 7900 FirePro via Bios Flash. Unfortunately, I am no Patch-Maestro.

However, having said that; the HD7970 Radeon card has fantastic scores. Even the new W FirePros struggle to stay on top.