Which compression format?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Octopuss, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    So you are using completely different settings and different encoders... Obviously the results will differ. The container doesn't matter at all, what makes the difference is the different encoder you use and different settings. Bitrate is only one factor. Also, just to make things clear, x264 is encoder (software). H.264/AVC is video format.

ShadowPlay produces turd even at 50 Mbps so their GPU encoding is not something that I would call good.

You should ditch those GPU encoders. They will only produce results that makes you feel bad. :nerd:

---
    CRF=16 example (slow preset, film tune).
    Video clip was 34 minutes 6 seconds long. Overall bitrate was 6122 Kbps (file size was 1,46 GB including the audio).
    [​IMG]
    When this frame was playing the current bitrate was 2583 Kbps. I'm pretty sure that GPU based encoders will not give anywhere near similar quality (at ~6122 Kbps average).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do you even read what people tell you? Mp4 is just a container!!! It does NOT affect the quality in the slightest, because it CANNOT. It's technically impossible. Why do we even bother... jesus.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You could have said it nicer, not this trolling mode.

Ok Anarion tnx. yeah that''s what I thought so too with nvidia style encoding.

More OT, latest MSI AB since v4 has a bit worse realtime quicksync encoding, more blurry then older version, but it appears faster too guess its a -_- tradeoff. I remember older version would lag if I chose max quality (had to chose 80-90% - 1 steep less from max), doesnt matter the bitrate, now I can chose that too, but yeah worse results even at max quality.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015