Direct 3D overider Not detecting my games

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Penal Stingray, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Hi im having problems with direct 3d Overider that comes with Riva tuner im using windows 8 and games like assasins creed 3 gets detected sometimes farcry 3 would get detected how do i know? i will here a sound like "Ting" lol which means triple buffering is enabled and i could really tell the difference when playing with it the lag input is reduced, games tend to run smooth with it on and fps dont dip like crazy when vsync is on.

Now guildwars 2 is not being detected and sometimes farcry 3 would not get detect since im not hearing the "Ting" sound is there anyway to fix this problem or nothing can be done? thanks

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It doesn't seem to work in Windows 8. I have not managed to get it work and that makes me really sad panda.

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Has unwinder explained anywhere why d3d overrider development was dropped?

Its pretty much an essential part of PC gaming for me, so I'm glad i'm still on win7.

Momements like these make you really appreciate the work done by people like unwinder :)

4. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    it works in win 8 64bit for me on all games both dx 9 and dx11.

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Yes, it's mentioned in the stickies that nobody reads in general forum. Well not D3DO specifically but Rivatuner itself is no longer developed. Alex asked MSI if they wanted D3DO in Afterburner and they had no interest.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    thanks for the reply. so i guess we need to pressure MSI to invest some money into it and give Unwinder some incentives :)

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Having same problem on Windows 7. Dunno what has happened, but not detecting anymore...

Especially BF3 not working :/

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    BF3 already supports triple buffering natively. D3DOverrider is unnecessary in such case.

9. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    You guys using Fraps by any chance?