Startup under Vista (x64)

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Eagle3386, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Eagle3386

Eagle3386 Guest

GPU:
    »Gainward Radeon 4870 GS
    Hey guys,

I'm using Vista Business x64 in conjunction with RivaTuner 2.08, but I seem to be too stupid to get RivaTuner running properly.. :(

In fact, I'd like to have 1 entry for the stats-server-executable and one for the main-executable itself and since there's that "RivaTunerStartupDaemon C:\Program Files (x86)\System\RivaTuner\RivaTunerWrapper.exe /S"-entry within my Registry, I thought that would deal with RivaTuner..

All I want is RivaTuner launching, setting GPU-, Shader- and RAM-clocks, adjust the fan-speed and then reside in the SysTray - but please only _one_ entry within my Startup-folder, not with 2 or 3 entries which _all_ start RivaTuner.exe (which sucks, because Vista's UAC then prompts me 3 times if I'm sure to start RivaTuner with administrative rights) as it must be possible to parse several arguments to RivaTuner.. ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Best regards,
    Martin.. :D

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Use RT's scheduler module for that. You can reach your goal by configuring RT to run at OS startup, unticking all "Apply ... at Windows startup" options (which will eliminate the need of using daemon) and replacing them with "Launch ... at RivaTuner startup" scheduled tasks.

3. Eagle3386

Eagle3386 Guest

GPU:
    »Gainward Radeon 4870 GS
    Thank you sooo much.. It works like a charm! :)