New Install.. Somehow Titanium HD lost...

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by HyperTension, Jul 30, 2013.

1. HyperTension

HyperTension Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570 x2 (SLI)
    Welp, long story short, I have not reformatted my PC in over a year, and it's been getting a little bit cranky, so reformatted....

Everything going fine until I go and install the latest PAX driver set for my Titanium HD. Installs fine, reboot, and then nothing..... Click on "Creative Control Panel", and I get "The audio device supported by this application is not detected. This application will exit."... :3eyes:

Cleaned everything off, and then tried an earlier set (one that was prev. running just fine on my PC) and get the same thing...

Did another format (just in case something was wonkey in the registry), and installed the previous running version, and end up with the same result. Did some research, and found that some people were having issues with this and were able to make it work by disabling device signatures.. Easily done, with same result.

Next, I removed the card, repeat format, updated W7 to SP1, then installed card and get 3 "High Definition Audio Device" under device manager, with a generic set of drivers... weird... I think in the past I've had to install the drivers for the hardware to be recognized. Attempt to install the PAX drivers and get the same result. I have no idea WTH is going on.

Any advice is more than welcome at this point.

2. HyperTension

HyperTension Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570 x2 (SLI)
    **update** I can still get sound via my optical out -> GD Compass with default windows drivers.

I was able to install the standard drivers from Creative, but the console does not auto-launch, and I get the "blah" version with clicking on it, but it does work.

I'm uninstalling those now, and will try to install PAX over those. I'll update as progress continues

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I dont have an answer, but I have save problem with the card as well.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Same problems with X-Fi Forte, got fed up and bought USB soundcard.