Softmod: xp driver on vista

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by fzhfzh, Jan 26, 2009.

1. fzhfzh

fzhfzh New Member

GPU:
    ati 1600 mobility
    Ok, we know that currently, it's still not possible to mod vista drivers from normal gpu to professional gpu. However, I'm not sure whether anyone tried installing modded xp driver on vista instead.
    I've tried this recently with installing xp driver for mobility v5200 on my 1600 mobility card on vista. There are no errors, and it runs fine, with workstation unlocked in my CCC. The only problem is that most other features are still not unlocked, i.e. graphics and speed doesn't improve on 3D applications, inventor doesn't open up opengl specific features, and hyper memory feature of ATI is no longer working.
    On my desktop with hd4850, I did the same thing of forcing it to be firepro v7700, works perfect on xp, but for vista, the same thing applies, no hyper memory AKA ram sharing, no unlocked opengl features for inventor, and the appearance of games such as need for speed undercover look much worse than the xp modded version.
    Anyone else tried doing this and what are the results? What could the reason for these, I used to run xp omega driver on vista and it works out to be great.