AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah.... Actual Nvidia driver releases, by the way:

GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL
    Version: 347.52 - Release Date: Tue Feb 10, 2015

Version: 347.25 - Release Date: Thu Jan 22, 2015

Version: 347.09 - Release Date: Tue Dec 23, 2014

Version: 344.75 - Release Date: Tue Nov 18, 2014

Version: 344.65 - Release Date: Mon Nov 10, 2014

Version: 344.60 - Release Date: Tue Nov 04, 2014

Version: 344.48 - Release Date: Wed Oct 22, 2014

Version: 344.16 - Release Date: Tue Sep 23, 2014

Nvidia had THREE drivers in November, AND one in December, AND one in January, AND one February, AND on top of that, AMD's December driver is actually from freaking November, it was just purposefully held back for whatever stupid reason.

I'm only upset because I DO own an AMD card. It's frustratingly annoying how sloppy they are with this stuff. Just give me downsampling and I'll shut up for a while.

Why is that so freaking hard for them to do? Nvidia's had it for like a decade. A freaking decade. AND custom resolutions!

They seemingly didn't even give even a slightest damn about it at all until Nvidia turned into something that could be buzzworded, so they had to do their half-assedness with that to compete.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    AMD HAD custom resolutions and could downsample but they removed it for...reasons unknown to me.

This. :/

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well, in my country the costs are pratically the same. A R9 285 is more expensive than 960. R9 290 is actually 50 bucks more cheaper than 970, but the 290x is 30$ more expensive.

Where AMD is better in my country is the r7 265 or r9 270 for the same price as the 750ti

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    290x should be better then 970 being bit more powerful.

5. jamek

jamek Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming

290x is really more powerful than GTX 970 but less smooter, the smoothness is related to the Drivers

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ah, yes, those damn smoots....

lol

7. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    When I bought my R9 280X, it was $150 USD. You pretty much can't say no to that.

8. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Roger that Otimus, I bought 2 MSI R9 280X's each were under $200 USD...

9. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Hehe true.. But like I said AMD in my country don't have advantage in prices.
    so only buy who like it, I did buy it not because of the price.
    Now I feel screwed :)

BTw is it me or the thread about the overhead was erased by admins?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I just took whatever this site had as drivers, does guru3d not provide links for Nvidia beta drivers?

11. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I don't understand why people demand new drivers every time when a game is released. In this newly released games R9 290x compete with GTX-980,(especially in higher resolutions), witch supposedly is in a different league.
    Battlefield hardline
    http://www.techspot.com/review/958-battlefield-hardline-beta-benchmarks/page2.html
    Evolve
    http://www.techspot.com/review/962-evolve-benchmarks/page3.html
    http://www.techspot.com/review/962-evolve-benchmarks/page4.html
    Dying Light
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/dying_light_vga_graphics_performance_review,8.html

I understand this thread being a place where we should share our experience with a driver and help each other with some tips, if we can, instead we have to read how disappointed are some people with AMD and how are they going to NVIDIA. Is your right to be disappointed but don't waste this thread space with this. Nobody cares about that. It just make the thread harder to follow.

12. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

Cause if they optimize it properly for the game you might get even more frames and for crossfire. For me running 2x r9 280x's I want to be able to use it and for now in for example Far cry 4 it's just a pain in the butt. I feel I'm not getting my moneys worth.

13. mikemike86

mikemike86 Guest

GPU:
    290x
    I've been pleased with AMD personally, I've owned a 7870 which was rma'd to a 7950, two 7950s and two 7870xt's... I just recently bought a R9 290x for $250after rebates and I'm still pleased with the performance.
    I played hardline and had no issues with the recommended tweaks in the forums, had lots of lag comp issues but that's not graphical.

Prior to putting in the 290x I played with my gtx480s (which still hold their own very well even now) and I had lots of random stuttering in Hardline and BF4with the tweaks at 80+ fps average, I would just go from 80-120fps to a quick micro stutter and then back (worse than AMDs frame pacing issue).
    The 290x is better than the 970 overall imo and it's slowly creeping up on the 780ti in high resolution gaming with each update.
    Can't post links, it's an anandtech review of the 295x2

I just got done playing BF4 tonight and had zero issues, I don't play with the pretties since it's pvp and I run a 144hz monitor.. the 290x pretty much pegs 144fps most of the game.
    All those update might have been for those 970s, ya know the ones they lied about the specs on and gimped the vram with that half gigabyte of memory.

I know it's my first post but I use this name on Overclock net and other forums as well so I'm legit and hello to everyone, I'm a lurker to this site as well :D

My only hope was that maybe, just maybe they didn't laser cut these 290x's and that we can later unlock them to a hawaii xt fat with a simple bios flash.. I know it's a reach but I'd give it a try for a chance at 10% more power :D

14. mikemike86

mikemike86 Guest

GPU:
    290x
    The nvidia side takes about a month as well to optimize games for sli even if it's "supported" just gotta be patient, all new titles have issues with xfire and sli... that's why I no longer buy games right away, not to mention the ridiculous price drops anymore.. there was a pre order for Hardline for $37 before it was in beta, feel sorry for those that paid $50.

Go here to help fix issues you're having.
    amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

15. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I hope with DX12 we will see faster crossfire/SLI support cause as far as I understand the developer can implement better multi gpu support.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol....OK. You upgraded from 7950 CF to a 290X? The 7950's would smoke that 290X. I can see why you'd go single GPU though. :p

Hallock should know the bug reports are a waste of time. Tell him Twitter seems to work better. :D

Personally I'd just like the sleep bug fixed, otherwise I'm pretty happy - but I don't use CF.

You should check out the Dying Light review here on G3D and look at the 295X. Extraordinary got rid of his he had that many problems with it.

Tahiti V2 is a great GPU ... kinda similar to the 8800GTX maybe not in performance but longevity? Been really happy like most 7950 owners I guess. Much better than Cayman was.

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Do these drivers support CFX for Far Cry 4? Just got back to AMD after selling my GTX970, got a pair of R9 290X's, and I don't think my 2nd card is being used in FC4.

18. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    For now till new driver comes very soon use Forced AFR friendly in CCC

19. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    I don't why it works for everybody, but i get extreme uplay overlay flickering while enabling AFR on FC4 or AC:U.
    No uplay overlay no online functions.

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    OK I think everyone knows that by now. Mind not posting over and over the same thing?