Ati X1800 / X1900 Faq

Discussion in 'Links' started by CraptacularOne, Jul 10, 2006.

1. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    You all need to check if ATI2EVXX.EXE is running in your background

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, that service is for Overdrive.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    can some one tell me hou can i use hardware de-interlacing in power dvd 7.0 deluxe.

im using x1950xt card,every time i try to use this feature the vpu recover shuts down the chip..

tnx,,

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Erm, I am wondering if 92c after 7mnutes FEAR Combat gaming is too much for my card. I either get driver reset or scrambled screen after exiting that game when temperatures go above 90c. Fan will start to make awful noise too. It is kinda hot now out side and I can't get my room temperature lower than 28c because it is the same outside.

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Well, I think you answered your own question by setting out what happens when it reaches that temperature dont you?

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    But it does that after exiting game (or application) while 2d clock kicks in. I think that is kinda odd.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  7. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

So it overheats, screen goes funny, and you exit, but the screen is still messed up?

Classic case of overheating vid ram causing video corruption. Only way for it to fix itself is leave it to cool down in 2d mode for a while, or restart, which will of course clear the vid ram.

Best fix is to increase airflow over the card, I have to place a 120mm fan in my case pointing at the card, even though I have a Zalman vf900 on it. It is very OC'd though lol

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I actually meant that it goes black or those classic colorful artifacts appear and I have to reset system after exiting game. It is fine inside the game (though, I do not know how long...). I can not do much (or anything) to make airflow any better. Black screens after exiting games have become more common than before (monitor loses signal or windows resets driver).
    ----
    EDIT: Cleaned my card from dust and temperatures dropped nearly 10c, lol.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  9. shady86

shady86 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 260 Sonic
    I'm not sure about others but I'm having this problem. Whenever i installs ATITool, my X1950XT will never change to 3D mode during games and etc. It will stay in 2D mode forever. The only thing to allow mode change is by removing ATITool from my system. Anyone facing this problem?

10. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    ATI tool with overclocking enabled probably disables the ATI service for dynamically changing clock speeds for 2d/3d modes. Cant remember what its called, 'ATI Poller' or something.

11. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    ATI tool with overclocking enabled probably disables the ATI service for dynamically changing clock speeds for 2d/3d modes. Cant remember what its called, 'ATI Poller' or something.

Yep that's exactly correct and it's called the ATi hotkey poller.
    When you start ATITTool it will tell you it's best to disable it becasue of low level overcloking and you probably just clicked yes. Go into the setting an re-enable it and all will be fixed:)

I had the exact same thing. It looks like the problem is limited to just X1950XT cards.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  12. shady86

shady86 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 260 Sonic
    Whenever I have ATITool or ATI Tray Tools installed, my 1950XT will not change to 3D clock mode. I checked hotkey poller in services and found that it's still running. I'm not sure what is the cause.

Btw, at idle speed, I found the stock fan is a bit loud and I hate the whinning sound so I tried lowering the fan speed from 29% to 20% during idle. Temp jumps to over 60 from 55C idle. Is it possible for me to underclock the card during idle? Say, from 2D mode 500/594 to 400/400? Do I need to change voltage setting and create new profiles? What is the best program for this?

13. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC
    Forget it. ATI made the card to run best low at that speed, buggering round with this will stuff the card. Yeah it can be done but why!? If you find the card too loud at that low rpm setting then I suggest getting a card without a fan on it.

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I replaced the cooling system from x1900xt with HIS cooling system from x1950pro an got 50C idle (from 56C) and 82C full load (instead of ~90C) and the card is barelly audiable, which is VERY important to me, since everithing else is water cooled....

15. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC
    Yeah HIS has great GPU coolers ah. ;) Mind you with those clocks (your specs) no wonder your card got that hot@!!!! :cops:

16. Lelevt

Lelevt New Member

GPU:
    HD2900pro
    Hi, I have a question for you, I have a X1950pro softmodded in a FIREGL V7300 for professional apllications, is the FAN speed controlled by drivers or it is driver independent?
    This is because the FAN spins always at the same speed, and I don't know how to slow down it. By Catalyst Control Ceneter?

17. twelve2008

twelve2008 Banned