Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#126)
ShankM

Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1GB
Processor: Intel Core i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Laptop Charger
Default 04-13-2015, 04:47 | posts: 4

cmh175,
I have followed the instructions but its always showing be red on mod installation bar. I chose the mods as you mentioned. Please help? Also pls reply the above msg.

Old
  (#127)
cmh175
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i5-3570k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth z77
Memory: 32GB G.Skill DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 04-13-2015, 23:56 | posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankM View Post
Hi cmh175,

I have downloaded the file. But I do not know which one to choose because my concern is the PERFORMANCE OF THE GAME ON MY LAPTOP than the image quality. I have no problem with FPS on my laptop but it keeps hanging either in between gameplay after the first 10 min gameplay and eventually shuts down the game, leaving a notice "Display driver stopped responding and successfully recovered". Sometimes it happens even on the game's loading screen. This is the first and unexcusable bug encountered. I have never got such bugs in most of games I ve played including AC Unity & FC4. On top of that, my display driver is an ENTRY-LEVEL GPU so I usually run EVERY GAME on the most lowest settings including the resolution.

Based on the problems I have mentioned, can you please recommend me the suitable configurable options you put in your 1st post?

BTW, can you also please put screenshots of the instructions of placing the graphics mod?
Each game is different, and sadly Watch Dogs was not optimized at all. I've heard from members with Titans (Z, Black, original) that they get frame rate issues and stuttering. The best I can suggest is use low settings for everything and the lowest resolution possible. If the game continues to run than slowly increase the resolution to what you're used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankM View Post
cmh175,
I have followed the instructions but its always showing be red on mod installation bar. I chose the mods as you mentioned. Please help? Also pls reply the above msg.
I'm not really sure what the red bar is. Honestly I haven't modded this game or used the mod installer in about 5 months. Check the patch.dat and patch.fat files in your game directory and look for the time modified info. If it's not the current date and time than something went wrong, usually you should get some kind of error.

Old
  (#128)
loki1944

Videocard: ROG Matrix 780Ti SLI
Processor: i7 5930K@4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: DDR4/32GB
Soundcard: Creative
PSU: EVGA 1300W G2
Default 04-18-2015, 06:30 | posts: 2 | Location: Global

cmh175 thank you much for the mod(s).

Old
  (#129)
jmorgannz

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 780
Processor: Intel Core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master 750w
Default 04-27-2015, 13:56 | posts: 2

Hey cmh175

Thanks for the great mod.

I was wondering, you posted screenshots back on the first page, saying they were taken with your preferred mod options.

Was wondering if you could let us know what they are?

Old
  (#130)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 04-27-2015, 14:38 | posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorgannz View Post
Hey cmh175

Thanks for the great mod.

I was wondering, you posted screenshots back on the first page, saying they were taken with your preferred mod options.

Was wondering if you could let us know what they are?
Actually at this point my settings are the only ones available. The original release included alternate settings for bloom and fog. How ever the higher settings from the original TW mod just caused problems, and the low settings were pretty much nonexistent. I decided to remove them and just use the settings I customized, which have a medium amount of bloom and fog in comparison to the old settings.

Old
  (#131)
jmorgannz

Videocard: Nvidia GTX 780
Processor: Intel Core i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master 750w
Default 04-28-2015, 06:25 | posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh175 View Post
Actually at this point my settings are the only ones available. The original release included alternate settings for bloom and fog. How ever the higher settings from the original TW mod just caused problems, and the low settings were pretty much nonexistent. I decided to remove them and just use the settings I customized, which have a medium amount of bloom and fog in comparison to the old settings.
Does that mean the links in the first post are out of date? The version I downloaded had the mod options directory with the various Z directories in it.

Old
  (#132)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 04-28-2015, 14:04 | posts: 412

Oh, chances are it maybe out of date. I've been using the same links and just updating new versions, but hard to say if they were ever changed at least once. Try the links on my Steam thread, they're up to date as of this past March or so.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243470...9722142040818/