O/C 8600GT and Rivatuner

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Vermin69, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Vermin69

Vermin69 New Member

GPU:
    Inno 8600 GT
    Hi folks,

I have an Inno3D 8600GT which I am trying to significantly over-clock with Rivatuner. I have 2 problems/questions:

1) Rivatuner says I need to upload to the latest version because it does not recognise my drivers as being compatible, although it largely seems to work. I DL Rivatuner 2.24 only a couple of days ago so I think I am up to date. I have now updated my video drivers directly 196.21. Surely the current version of Rivatuner would recognise this very slightly older driver?

2) Is there a plugin which will show my video card fan speed? Even with all listed plugins selected I cannot see my video card fan speed in the graphs. The Fan Duty Cycle graph does not appear.

Thanks

Vermin

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Wished I could help but I don't recall these questions being asked before. Too bad there isn't a stickie thread with help for this.

3. Vermin69

Vermin69 New Member

GPU:
    Inno 8600 GT
    Thanks,

I have read and watched the guides and the stickies and done a search.

As per the sticky I used the Force Version option to "emulate" the last supported version of 190.62 but I still get the same message every time Rivatuner starts. It does say it is running in emulation mode too. (I checked and I did not write the number in hex!)

I still am not sure why my fan spped is not coming up - unless it is only a 2 pin connecter and there is no sensor. (I checked by card and there are only 2 wires so I guess that must be it?).

If there is no way of reporting fan speed - does this mean that the fan speed cannot be changed?

Regards

Vermin69

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Correct.