Really low scores, confused...

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by prof72, Oct 25, 2011.

1. prof72

prof72 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    I currently am running a GTX580 (very overclocked) and 2600K (@4GHz) with the new v7 beta client on my home PC. At work I have the ATI 6570 running v7 beta also.

From what I can tell using the extreme folding http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=69411 stats I am only around 3k points/24hr!

This seems rediculously low for what is essentially 3 clients of which 1 (the GTX580) should be scoring high.

Any suggestions what could be wrong (if at all).

I was using 6.41 clients but have switched to V7 beta to see if I can get improvement.

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    very strange, i think my 580 at stock clocks gets around 15-16k a day, so something is up. how long has this been going on? with the current set up that is?

3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Have you checked your system energy savings settings in windows and mobo?
    I dunno I just thought of that, maybe idling your pc cuts off some power and reduces performace?

4. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Maybe ur GPU is running 2D mode.. Had similar problem long time ago...

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Maybe what I said was total bs.

A 285 gtx does around 9k a day
    so a 580 super overcklocked should do about 170-200% of that score...

As some1 said above, maybe your VGA is not activating 3d clocks while rendering. It is something weird... but common, it seems !

6. prof72

prof72 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Checked with Afterburner running, and noticed that profile 1 wasn't activated (880 core) but was running at 800 (default for my card). So not 2D speed at least :)

I havn't been using the home PC for a few months to fold only the work PC and noticed I had slipped 5 places so decided to fire it up at home as well.

Looking back a few months at my stats there is a HUGE difference (was 20k avg.), I am very disappointed at the moment.

7. prof72

prof72 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Ok, rooting through the log file, both the cpu and gpu in the V7 client are saying unstable_machine :(

Seems my overclocks are too aggressive for FaH. Weird because I havn't had any crashes in games etc.

Anyways, guess it means I'll have to lower my OCs if I want to fold on that PC.

8. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    folding is needs way more stability than gaming if your gpu is folding stable then its as good as it gets to stable

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    if it's not stable, just crank up the voltage... it will heat up more, but it will be stable.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    F@H makes for a very reliable stability test.

They recommend against overclocking when using the F@H GPU client due to increased likelihood of errors, which results in unusable data.