What are latest drivers that will work for Mobility Radeon HD 5650?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Orl14, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Orl14

Orl14 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Hey guys I have my VAIO E laptop here with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 video card, the drivers that are currently installed is the version 12.11 from this forum:

"ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU"

I know that they're outdated now and I really need to install new drivers, which one of the driver updates that I see in the main forum page can I easily install?

I really don't want to experiment on all the available drivers on this forum because I'm kinda new to this and my "System Restore" is currently not working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    The latest drivers that will work for you are:

Intel Legacy Driver from the UnifL 14.4 1.1 package.

+

Official AMD 14.4 mobility

14.6 and above will not work for you since fixed switching is disabled on those drivers in conjunction with your first gen Intel device.

3. Orl14

Orl14 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Thanks!

Can I ask another question?

Regarding my faulty system restore, what are other alternatives for it if I somehow mess up the driver installation?

4. Orl14

Orl14 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Err wait..does that mean that I should install both or I can choose from either one?

5. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

I am not sure on what is wrong with your restore function. Try google for possible solutions to make it work again.

You need the Intel driver from UnifL 14.4 1.1. This is 100% needed.
    The AMD driver in that package has an error for your card and will not deploy properly.

Therefore you should use the 14.4 official mobility version from AMD since your card does not require any further customization to make it switchable.

Be sure to use DDU to clean your system and do try to repair your system restore beforehand!

6. Orl14

Orl14 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Errrm can you give a step by step on how to do this?
    Which one to install first, run first, etc.?

I'm really sorry, I'm very new to this and I'm afraid that I will mess something up, I dont want to go to the process of reformatting or something.

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Hmm okay but I seriously suggest that you sort out your restore point first.

You have a Sony laptop meaning that after the driver has been installed you will have playback issues on videos (green screen).

This is a pure Sony issue and is correct by applying a hotfix. This is found in the UnifL Driver package. This is just a heads up so that you get scared and fix your system restore point. ;)

To install new drivers you need to do the following:

Obtain DDU http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

Clean with it in Safe Mode. Remove both Intel and AMD drivers.

Restart

Obtain UnifL 14.4 1.1 http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/

"extract / Deploy" the Driver http://leshcatlabs.net/manual_chm/index.html?unifl_configuration_tool.htm

After it has extracted to C:\Drivers\

Install Intel

Restart

Download Official 14.4 from AMD

Install .. restart.

Done.

To fix the media playback: Open up the UnifL deployer again and click on "Advanced"

Pick "Issue Resolver" and choose the Sony option to fix your green playback issue. http://leshcatlabs.net/manual_chm/index.html?advanced_options.htm

8. Orl14

Orl14 Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    Thank you!!
    You don't know how much this will help me!
    Now I need to sort out that system restore problem.

Thanks again!! :D