FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    How the PC version runs is not what we are debating here. The original point of discussion was how well console skus fare against the PC running at maximum settings. Stuttering has no impact on how a game looks so I'm not sure what you point is...

Fact is Watch Dogs on PC looks significantly better than on PS4/Xbox One and I have no doubt FC4 will turn out the same. I simply can't believe why Ubisoft would gimp the PC version to console levels, something they haven't done with Black Flag or Watch Dogs, both of which had higher quality effects in place.

Hutchinson is simply saying what console folks want to hear. Much to their dismay it will not turn out like that and the PC will easily trump them in the graphics department.
    How will it run though ? I can't say. This is dependent on the ressources allocated to the PC version.

For what it's worth I'm having a blast playing Watch Dogs even with this mild stuttering occuring from time to time.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Stuttering does have an impact on how it looks (and more importantly, how it plays).

The game plays horribly at 1080P (and at 4K it's a slideshow). This is visually disconcerting, I don't taste stuttering or hear it, I see it.

While we can agree that in most cases, PC games look better than console games, W D certainly does not as stuttering completely ruins my visual enjoyment of the game (as well as the game in general).

You're interpreting what Hutchison says the way you want to after accusing others of misinterpreting him.

At the end of the day, we'll just agree to disagree so as not to derail the thread.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    "The Rise And Future Of Far Cry"

Video included below...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Sooo...anyone in the mood for another round of FC2 vs. FC3?

j/k :)

5. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i hope that they got rid of the horrible menu diging like in FC3 just to craft crucial stuff to progression

6. Black Iceberg

Black Iceberg Guest

GPU:
    GTX780 Ti 3Gb 2xSLI
    Thinking to buy Deluxe Edition

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Crafting needed a direct hotkey in FarCry 3. As did a lot of other stuff.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I had no problems with crafting in FC3.. Was one of the simplest things ever. You want to talk about bad crafting look up AC3

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Crafting isn't hard or confusing.
    It just needed a hotkey to take you directly to the crafting menu.

10. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    FC3 menu system was horrible.....and gameplay got stale quickly......by the time I'd killed Vaas I was over it.....yet I played Crysis again and still wanted more.

"Gameplay" is great and all but we need pretty things too.....lol look at Watchdogs....none plays it.....everyone just tries to make it look like we were shown in the early demo's

They better go hard out with the PC version and give us something visually that is much better than the consoles get.....not just water it down to a "one fits all" scenario.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It seems Far Cry is just becoming Ubis FPS version of their assassins creed games with WDs being their present/modern day take of Assassins Creed. Simple game play with shopping list objectives that add nothing to the game but to entertain the completion-ists, half baked crafting systems, quick time events, tower climbing que camera panning, boring plot with one key character to entertain while the rest of the cast have the personality of a wet cardboard trying to convince a FedEx employee that its still useful.

Though there's nothing wrong with that and it will probably be a successful model going forward if FC3's reception is anything to go by. Which is a shame as their games could pretty much be considered mobile app only worthy and should only be sold on the Google store and iOS as Ubi games dont really give you enough game for the price you pay. Imo, Ubis games dont belong on either the Consoles or PC as they're just so.... basic.

*Staff Guidelines*
    Ubi Model of game design: Can be either FPS or open world (Just edit the appropriate .ini to change view from 3rd person to first person).

• Step 1: Announce Day 1 DLC
    • Step 2: announce game
    • Step 3: Create a sandbox
    • Step 4: Fill it with samey same missions
    • Step 5: Try to convince the player to care about.... something.
    • Step 6: Add token Item/Feature (crafting wallets, wing suit, a cell phone that tells you stuff about pointless npcs who serve no purpose other than to be walking atms)
    • Step 7: Needs more quicktime events.
    • Step 8: Announce Day 1 DLC

This company has taken all of their and others IPs and absolutely destroyed everything that made Ubi games great. I only have a very very small list of developers to buy from these days, which isnt bad i suppose as it means no more backlogs.

PS:
    How is Quicklime a word, yet Qucktime gets redlined?

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Some brand new gameplay being shown later today on Twitch live streams...

http://www.twitch.tv/suushisam

http://www.twitch.tv/eatmydiction1

:D

13. charrocrow

charrocrow Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760 OC 4GB
    +1 :banana:

14. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    This made me laugh as I have seen people get upset for exactly this reason. Games that are difficult because you need to learn about what's going on and how to interact/solve the problem are the best and really have staying power.

Games that just stroke your ego are lame and transparent. They are insulting and should be sold by Fisher-Price to the kiddies that like He-Man and Hercules.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Too bad games haven't been difficult in years.
    It's funny seeing people make such comments about FC3... yet the only entry in the series to really be challenging... was the first one. And then people just complained that it was too hard.

Games haven't been challenging for a long time. Completing Wolf: TNO on Uber was a cakewalk.
    Same with Shadow Warrior on Insane. Even twitch shooters like Serious Sam 3 and Hard Reset don't seem to really offer much in the way of challenge.

But, while it can be a bit disappointing that games don't test you like they used to, I still have fun playing them.
    The newest game I can think of that really put any challenge in there was Max Payne 3, and that's only because they made Max pretty fragile. But, get some painkillers and it's still relatively easy.

Of course there are games that are the polar opposite like Dark Souls or The Witcher... but, two or so games out of hundreds don't balance it out. So... FarCry 3 being pretty easy doesn't change the fact that well, damn near everything that comes out is normally easy.
    Hell, FarCry 2 was easy. Blood Dragon was easy... but insanely fun. Half-Life 2 is pathetically easy yet it gets praised to heaven and back. ;)

16. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah...you make a good point on how easy games have gotten. I can remember many hair-pulling moments in the old days. Today they are not really hard at all. But I would add that some of them can be very tedious.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ubisoft games went down hill once the last gen consoles came out. Everyone of their ips got redesigned for the casual market.

im done with these guys.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The only publisher I can think of that I enjoy... is Devolver Digital. And, that's because they know that the developers don't really need them. In this day and age developers can self publish... and a publisher is someone else calling shots that isn't really needed.
    So, Devolver are very much grounded and aware.

Other publishers... meh.
    I would say 2K is probably in the best spot as they've done nothing to annoy me in recent years. Deep Silver is also trying to make a big name for themsevles.
    But, Activision, EA, UbiSoft, Bethesda... they all fall in the same boat. I dislike a LOT of what they do, and how they handle certain games.

But, I'm not going to stop buying games from a publisher just because I dislike them.
    If I did that, I never would've bought Mirror's Edge, BulletStorm, the Dead Space series... Saboteur... because I hate EA. ;)
    I'll continue to hate the publisher. But I won't refuse to support a developer simply because the people that decided to back their project... are people I'm not a fan of.

That would be like refusing to watch a movie because it's being distributed by Warner Bros.

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Ubisoft sure know how to make charismatic villains. He looks like a maniac.

Now, gameplay wise I'm not expecting anything ground-breaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.