Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah she is kind of an underdog, but i like her the most story wise. Only other one I played is Nisha and she's awesome as well. In due time i'll get into all of them. :nerd:

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    That game is so good i like it very much. Claptrap can turn into pirate ship and fire cannon is big lol, but even more lol about the damage they do.

Some of the oranges are not that good, while some blue purple guns are awesome which is cool. it means u can win a fight without having full orange stuff :D

3. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    So I'm "stuck" at the part where you are right outside the vault and have to battle the airship. Any advice on how to beat this part? I can clear the ground threats but that ship just destroys me in one pass. It's probably something stupid that I just haven't notice but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

4. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    If you keep jumping on the jumpads that send you across the map to the other side the ship will rarely hit you. Just lead your shots in front a little bit when flying through the air and the fight becomes pretty easy.

5. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

This isn't helping any unfortunately. The ground threat gets in the way. Not to mention the ship itself blocks your path and insta kills you if you try bouncing from one side of the map to the other too much. It's difficulty spike points like this that make me stop playing a game.

6. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Steam ID if anyone wants to add (war_uk)
    maybe we do some co-op sometime. :banana:
    Anyway im loving this game ,october has been a month for games.

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i'll add u i have so many good weapons i want to share, CAMON PEOPLE CO OP!!!!

everyone feel free to add me, phenomfx446

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=261640

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam thinking to buy this crap game..but wish can buy it a bit cheaper..any ideas?

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Hmm I am a bit lost with the difficulty scaling in this game. I just completed the game I am a level 28 got a fairly well speced character so have jumped straight in to TVHM. The regular enemies are fairly canon fodder-ish but the second Boss 'Deadlift' WTF is wrong with his difficulty scaling?

I can just about get his shield to the half way point but he just beats my guy flat every single time and because of the location of this boss their is pretty much no where with decent enemies and drops to grind levels and weapons.

So I went back to regular Vault Hunter Mode, and opted to do the final Raid Boss (The Sentinal) now before you go in you're warned that you should take this guy with some mates, given how tough Deadlift is in TVHM and given this is meant to be the toughest boss in the game I assumed I was gonna get my butt kicked. Yeah he's tough and a bullet sponge but so far I've soloed this guy twice.

The toughest guy in RVHM is easier to beat than some low level start of game boss in TVHM? That seems like seriously messed difficulty scaling.

*Edit

So after posting that I jumped in to Borderlands and returned to TVHM with some of the goodies I had obtained during my soloing of the Sentinal Raid Boss, one of these items being a high rate of fire legendary sniper rifle that just happens to shoot through shields. Ten seconds and Deadlift was dead, lol. I can see me using this weapon in quite a few upcoming boss fights.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014

11. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I just got the game and am only about 1 hour in and I have to say that I am impressed with the changes. 2 new weapon types, an emphasis on levelling up earlier and skipping the more tedious intros.

I chose Wilhelm which when looking at the game before buying it I dind't think I would choose him.

There are just so many good options for his skill tree, so many skills augment his action skill in one way or another whilst also having good passives.

In BL2 there were 2 many crap skills that would give +15% health with 5 points into a skill etc. Even some of the early game skills boost your action skills health and shields by 5% each per level plus +3% per level for health and shields to your character.

I think at each level I will have a useful skill to choose.

EDIT:

I just made a build for Wilhelm online

http://thepresequel.com/Wilhelm/550010150410300000000055551000001

I can't see any reason not to stick with it at this points. I tried to choose action skill/passive overlaps and avoided kill skills as much as possible.

I want to get better at killing enemies all the time rather than roll a dice and hope for a kill to get a temporary buff.

God I love those planes.

Going to max Auxiliary Tanks and Fortify first. Longer lasting action skill, faster cooldown, health buff for me and the attack plane and a 20% damage boost while the planes are active all in the first tier.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Without BL2 u would never get pre sequeal, and i prefer presequeal over BL2, i hope the DLC will be on par with Tiny Tina dlc which were the best.

Laser is super fun!!!

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    All 3 are good in their own right.

@ moab600 - that Tiny Tina DLC was fantastic lol. If GB decided to make an entire game around her, I'd buy it. :D

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I would not.
    I liked the DLC... for the setting, and the style. But the character of Tiny Tina annoys the hell out of me.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yep, high quality DLC so far the new one the jack doppelganger is nice, and UHVH comes free to all very soon.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I take back some of what I said. Only at level 7 or 8 and the story seems to be almost non existant.

I know some people play these games for for co-op but I have never played borderlands in anytbing but single player. The distance between checkpoints is much further apart than BL2, there seems to be far less fast travel stations too. At the main city where the black market is...is the second fast travel station. BL2 would have had at least 4 by now.

Mission objectives require 2 or 3 times as long to get there only to do a 5 second task...they are really doing their hardest to make it drag.

At this rate I don't think I can stomach playing it for more than 2 hours at a time.

I also don't think the action skill factors into the gameplay that much. In BL2 your action skill changed the way every battle played. Now I rarely bother using it because it's unneccessary for most enemies.

I hope the mission pick up pace and I can get a few more skills that spice up the gameplay soon.

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    They should do,downloadable content with her character. Focus on explosives and grenades. There should be certain weapons these for each class,instead of all classes get the same weapons. That would make the replaying each character that much better.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just received a copy of this in the mail.
    I'm currently installing it, but, FarCry 4 comes first.

19. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Farcry 4 will suck compared to BPS.. Trust me..

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I want MR TORGUE as a character and a world full of phsex and EXPLOSIONS!!!