Update MSI Afterburner to use vcredist2013 or not require it anymore?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by problemgaming, Sep 6, 2015.

1. problemgaming

problemgaming Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified
    Is it possible for MSI Afterburner to use vcredist 2013 instead of 2008 or not require it anymore like EVGA Precision X? I hate keeping old software installed when it is only used by one program.

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I got over that addiction years ago. :*)

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Using vcredist 2013 instead of 2008 means using Visual Studio 2013 instead of Visual Studio 2008, which I use as a licensed development environment for AB. I see zero reasons to upgrade the environment, but if you really want to see AB complied under newer compiler, you are free to purchase VS 2013 Pro and give me the product key. Are you still hating VC 2008 redistributables or your hate ends when it costs you about $500? :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I was analyzing the possibility of using free license of 2015 CE, but I'm not sure if it is trouble free for MSI from legal POV. In theory MSI AB is being developed by third party individual, so it fits into 2015 CE license agreement and free usage terms. But from other side, software is branded by MSI and the organization with >250 PC like MSI cannot use Community Edition for commercial software development and should purchase PRO or higher license. So I prefer to stay on previous versions with professional commercial license for maximum legal safety.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015