Rainmeter plugin for MSI Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by stangowner, Apr 12, 2010.

1. samitnyk

samitnyk Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. Yincognito

Yincognito Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7610M / 1GB
    To which skin are you referring to?

3. samitnyk

samitnyk Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB
    Skin for Rainmeter, here's post #139 on page 6 of this topic.

4. Yincognito

Yincognito Member

GPU:
    Well, it seems the wallpaper is a Republic Of Gamers one, but the skin itself is different. I definitely saw this type of skin before, but I can't remember the name of it, so I guess we'll just have to wait for Deckard to reveal the details.

5. RHINOmkII

RHINOmkII Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970
    Having trouble getting this rainmeter skin or any others based on the MSIAfterburner.dll plugin to work. I've double checked that Afterburner is running, the dll is in place, and I'm using x64. Not sure what to do next.

6. RHINOmkII

RHINOmkII Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970
    After further investigation, it seems that I was able to get values working that were obtained by the SourceID field, but DataSource isn't working for me. Where can I find a list of all the SourceID corresponding measurements?

7. Yincognito

Yincognito Member

GPU:
    See post #117 by Huggi or download the sample skins posted by Nick (aka stangowner) and you'll figure it out.

Other than that, one some computers some values won't work. It's all dependant on the hardware you have installed. For example, in my case (Toshiba laptop computer), I can't get any FAN values (e.g. they return 0 in my skins and they are not visible on the Monitoring tab in MSI Afterburner), so I have to use alternate ways to get them (aka other software) or remove them completely from my skin.

It's technically impossible to have a monitoring software that'll work for EVERY hardware configuration out there, as they are a HUGE number of different configuration and vendors who may or may not make the informations that you need easily accessible. But I guess Unwinder could tell you more about that - I'm just stating what I found out in my case. Fortunately for me, I can get the critical values. FAN values are not that critical when you do have access to the temperatures anyway...

8. RHINOmkII

RHINOmkII Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970
    Thanks, got it working. Don't know how I managed to miss that while scanning the thread for SourceID info.

9. bozzy

bozzy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m
    Same here on my Acer laptop with a 860m, fans are not available. It would be nice to see them, but (even though its quite a quite laptop) you can tell by the sound how hard they are running. I'm yet to find a program that will pick up the values (HWInfo, speedfan etc)

10. Yincognito

Yincognito Member

GPU:
    Yep - that's the way it is, for some configurations. HWInfo does pick up the FAN values in my case though.

Still, MSI Afterburner is the best choice for me, due to the fact that the hardware is referred in a generic way (e.g. CPU, CPU temeperature, GPU) instead of the ultra-specific way of HWInfo (e.g. 0xf0000300), which makes MSIAB based skins quite portable to any configuration without the need for further manual tweaking (like changing those 0xf0000300-like IDs).

Also, in my case, there are only 2 values that MSI AB doesn't pick up : the fans (CPU+GPU) - and as I said, these are not critical, because :
    1) you can see if you have a temperature problem just by looking at the temperature values, no real need for FAN values;
    2) you can "hear" the level of your fans and if they are functioning correctly, by comparing their noise vs. the temperature values.

So, if I were you, I'd be happy that MSI AB doesn't miss other critical values, as the fans' "workrate" can be deduced quite easily.

P.S. On the other hand, I've seen MSI AB miss critical values on a friend's configuration, so... I guess I'm just lucky, lol. But then...it's near to impossible to find an utility that works for all the configurations, as I said before.

11. bozzy

bozzy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m
    Not to worry Yincognito, it's just one of those things!

I agree about the plugin ease from Afterburner, I tried referencing out the other programs but they were complex, and I ended up sticking with this one, it also made it very portable between my desktop and laptop.

I used the Gnometer (Kudos to the author) as a basis and rewrote what I needed for max info in a small space (see below, desktop version)

[​IMG]

12. benparker

benparker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 950 / 2GB
  13. benparker

benparker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 950 / 2GB
    That is nice, I only got into rainmeter a few days ago. Can you upload your skin and tell me what I need to change to show 2 cores and 2 drives?

Also anyway to remove those power off/hibernate etc buttons?

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Can I ask how you got your hard drive labels to show up on your skin? I'm new to this whole thing but I can't get it to show anything other than C:, D:, etc.... When I edit the config files the labels show up but then the remaining space doesn't work.

15. benparker

benparker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 950 / 2GB
    Send him a pm to pop in this thread. I cant as I dont have enough posts

16. benparker

benparker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 950 / 2GB
    Still no sign of bozzy?

17. bozzy

bozzy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m
    Its a bit of a mess on my PC as I have just chopped and changed the items I use. There are variants of skin per item, such as 4 disk, 5 disk (with / without popups), and I only re-wrote the ones I required.

Which ones do you want? I'll sort those out then upload them.

18. bozzy

bozzy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m

Just rem out the MouseOverAction line under METERS with an apostrophe....

'MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Shutdown][!RainmeterShowMeter Restart][!RainmeterShowMeter Hibernate][!RainmeterShowMeter Logout][!RainmeterRedraw]

19. benparker

benparker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 950 / 2GB
    I would like the disk widget, I have 2 drives SSD for OS and HDD for Data

System widget, I have a 2 core CPU, Pentium G3258

Grpahics card widget, I have MSI GTX 950

I would exact same style you have, only difference is I have less drives and cores than yours.

Thanks

20. Yincognito

Yincognito Member

GPU:
    Question: does the plugin support DynamicVariables=1 being set on its measures (and if it doesn't, would the developer consider adding that capability - if he's still active, that is)? I tried and apparently it doesn't work, but a confirmation on that would help.