SoftQuadro FAQ

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hehe. It looks like I need to translate an article to English. Just read the following, I hope it will help.<br>
    <br>
    1. SoftQuadro DOESN'T change DeviceID, so OS WILL NOT detect your board as Quadro. You must patch the driver and install it AS USUAL (don't select Quadro and so on). <br>
    <br>
    2. SoftQuadro overrides OpenGL capability code, so ONLY OpenGL programms will detect your board as Quadro. Just check up OpenGL renderer name with GLInfo/QuakeIII. It must be Quadro.<br>
    <br>
    3. Additional options like Shared bach/depth buffer and overlays WILL NOT appear on w9x (but SQ still will boost CAD performance).<br>
    <br>
    4. You may activate CAD presets in w2k drivers. Just copy nvwsapps.cfg from Detonator folder to system Windows folder and add the following to registry:<br>
    <br>
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations]<br>
    "ControlsOverride"=dword:00000001<br>
    <br>
    5. SoftQuadro has NO NT4 script. I hadn't included NT4 patch scripts in SoftQuadro coz I'm not using this OS. But I'm almost sure that nt4 drivers are very similar to w2k drivers, but I hadn't tested it. If you are experienced enough, you may try it yourself. Just open all w2k patch script and REMOVE sertification info from it (I mean [Certified0], [Certified1]...[CertifiedN] sections) that run SoftQuadro, select any w2k script and try to pach nt4 driver. It must work, but I cannot give you any warranties so do it at your own risk.<br>
    <br>
    Alex Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner/SoftQuadro programmer

2. porthole

porthole Guest

I have a gainward GF3. I used RivatunerRC5 and Softquadro. According to the guide I am suppose to be able to enable Hardware Accelerated Lines. <br>
    <br>
    Also, it looks like I have a different version of Rivatuner because Hardware accerated lines is in a drop down, but it is greyed-out. <br>
    <br>
    According to the guide I should be able to enable that function, right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.<br>
    <br>
    Porthole

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Please read my answer in your other posting. BTW this guide contains a bug: it's not necessary to enable hardware accelerated lines after SoftQuadro.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    " Now load up Rivatuner, select your display adapter, choose OpenGL settings and check if 'Enable hardware accelerated lines' is flagged. This is done by default but to be sure check it. "<br>
    <br>
    Alex: yeah right .. bug.