VERY low FPS on Crossfire R9 280X DC2Top

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by StraightJacket, Mar 20, 2014.

1. StraightJacket

StraightJacket Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus R9 280x DCU2TOP
    Hi All

I'm at my wits end. I recently built a system, and i'll start with the specs.

Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | i5 4670K 3.2Ghz | 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (4x4) | Crossfired Asus R9 280X DCU2 TOP (one v2) | Raidmax RX-1000AE | 128gb Transcend SSD720

There are 6 other HDD's installed and some cheapo dvd writer. Peripherals don't matter.

Windows 8.1 installed on the ssd, all games running from a different drive (7200rpm).

Now my problem is all games as running like BS. Battlefield 4 gets average 40fps. Cod MW2 gets average 60fps. Left 4 Dead 2 gets average 50fps. Cod Ghosts has just taken 20min to load the single player campaign on a fresh steam install and the fps on that is average 25!!!! Skyrim Average 25fps and Thief benchmark at 20fps. Tombraider bench at 28fps. Basically, all games are struggling. They were all played on highest settings at 1920x1080. The really strange thing, is furmark runs at a 150fps average.

I have tested the cards on their own and no problems. the one card is v2 and the other v1. I have to run through the v1 cuz the v2 is only DP ports and no HDMI. I have tried setting the link speed on PCI slots to gen 2, didnt work. I have tried going back to windows 7 which I am currently on, didn't help. I have tried like 7 different versions of the drivers, no help. each time new drivers tried, clean windows install was done. And please, no one even use the word bottenecking because there is no way with this rig that the bottleneck, even if there is one, would cause this big an issue.

I am installing Thief again now and will post Asus GPU tweak monitor when its done.

Whats wrong with my system?? Please help me!

StraightJacket

2. StraightJacket

StraightJacket Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus R9 280x DCU2TOP
    Just to add, I have even booked this in with a PC store close to here as I don't have a lot of time to work on the problem. I got it back after a week and a half with the guys having no idea what was wrong.

3. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    what are your fps when u disable crossfire?

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I think it maybe your PSU... never ever heard of that brand before.

Never ever ever ever ever.... ever skimp on your PSU. It is the heart of your PC pumping the "blood" that keeps your PC alive.

Check the voltage currents using GPU-Z when running a game and see how badly it drops, I bet you that it does.

If I am wrong and your PSU is fine, run Malwarebytes Pro and scan for virus's you may have a bitcoin miner installed.