** A64 Overclocking Guide **

Discussion in 'Links' started by THunDA, May 31, 2005.

1. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    Yes.

No.

2. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    There are two cores and they are overclocked simultaneously. What this means is if you overclocked your 4200+ to, for example, 2.6GHz, both the cores would be running at 2.6GHz. Whether they're both stable at that speed is another matter...

BTW, In case you were wondering how you Prime with two cores: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446

3. Romano

Romano Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX
    is there anyone who help me to OC'ed my mobo????
    i'm using an Albatron K8NF4-754 mainboard. or it just a same with DFI???

4. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    hello, im not overclocking BUT, i would like to test my system for stability and maybe find out my score. I want to know which is a better program to help me do that? Prime95 or PCMark, 3DMark?

thanks!

5. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Ok ... i from here :

[​IMG]

to here :

[​IMG]

my pc did get a bit unstable .... sudden restarts ... so i lowered the HTT multiplier to 4x ... that brought the HTTdown to 928 MHz .. but though i had a much higher clocked processor .. all my scores came down noticeably ... i think because the HTT fell by quite a lot .... help ..

Now i pushed the fsb by another 10 MHz .. so now i had the HTT at around 960 .. but even then ... by scores stayed low ...

I started the oc'ing by forcing the ram at 333 from 400 coz. i have some very cheap ram ...

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  6. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    this guide is awsome. thanks for taking the time to write it

7. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    Thanks !! :)

@ deathvirus.. You should reread the guide once more and maybe another time after that.. Because in the guide it says how the total htt doesnt really effect performance much (if any at all) so thats definitly not your problem.

8. Romano

Romano Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 GTX
    now, i run my rig @2250 MHZ, Multi 9X, FSB 250, DRam Frek 415 MHZ @266, HTT Multi 3X, VMemory 2,7V, VCPU +5%. Is it possible to boost more????

9. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thunda, you're calculating the ram frequency incorrectly.

It should be:

RAM Freq = CPU Freq / (*CPU Multi / RAM Divider)

*this result must be a whole integer value, rounded upwards. i.e if the result is 10.4, you would use 11.

i.e

My OC for example

RAM Freq = 2404 / (9/ (4/5)) = 2404 / 12 = 200.25mhz

The method above is what the calculator you linked to in the first post uses, not the FSB/Mem ratio

If you were to use the method posted

267 * (4/5) = 213.6mhz, which is incorrect.

10. phunkshun

phunkshun New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600 GT 256
    Thank You so Much

Newbie here, I found this site actually from the Oblivion Wiki link, they recommended checking this page out to get the most from my machine while playing.

And boy oh boy did it help! I haven't yet tweaked out my vid card (buying a new one soon) but I was having problems getting my FX55 to run stable at 3.0. It would work fine at 2.8 but as soon as I upped it more it would flip the machine over as soon as I got to windows.

This thread though fixed that because I was finally able to decode and set properly the settings in the BIOS. I dropped the HTT speed a little and blammo, it worked! I'm now running fine at 3.0 with an idle temp of 33C.

:D Thank you so much.

The only problem now is I wanna see if 3.2 will work. It's an endless spiral! :p

Edit: Oof, artifacts badly during gameplay and then flips the machine over. I think my RAM is suspect but I can't be sure (its just normal PNY fare). :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006

11. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    My CPU is at a real low temp currently (20ÂșC) can't i oc it without messing with anything or would i have to go through the LDT adjustments etc.?

My old CPU (celeron 478) just overclocked. so im curious

Thanks

12. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    I con't oc my 3000+ cpu...!!! it is "Venice"....and socket 939......anyone can tell me how can i do that...i con't find Htt/Fsb in my bios...is there another process??

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  13. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    THANKS...THANKS...THANKS...

Finaly I oc my cpu...I was getting 1.8GHz...now i am getting 2.25GHz...:)...
    And another thing...as per i now...cpu temp should be bellow 50...am i right???

14. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

It is favourable to keep the temperature as low as possible. What cooler are you using?

I always wanted to keep my A64 below 50c alright, while it will be fine at a higher temp, I always consider below 50c in the 'safe' zone.

Enjoy your new found skills!

15. volksblad

volksblad New Member

Hello! Volksblad here! It seems u know alot abt oc'ing and would like ur prof opinion on how 2 go about.Can u plz tell me how 2 oc my cpu(intel 2933) on a p5s800 asus mb? I have a GF7600gs,2.9cpu,2g ram and still I only manage 2 score +-2700 with 3dmark06. My bios dnt allow me 2 oc. (am sure u understand my frustation)What am I 2 do???

16. volksblad

volksblad New Member

Hello! Volksblad here! It seems u know alot abt oc'ing and would like ur prof opinion on how 2 go about.Can u plz tell me how 2 oc my cpu(intel 2933) on a p5s800 asus mb? I have a GF7600gs,2.9cpu,2g ram and still I only manage 2 score +-2700 with 3dmark06. My bios dnt allow me 2 oc. (am sure u understand my frustation)What am I 2 do???

17. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Hi, I dont mean to fob you off, but you would be better starting your own thread in the OC section to get some responses.

This thread is for just overclocking AMD Athlon 64 based systems.

If you start a new thread for yourself, you will get the responses you need.

18. Af.Obselite

Af.Obselite Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD4850 @ 765/1240
    i've been working on my first overclock for the past few days and thought i was doing pretty well. I have an athlon venice core 3200+ and an MSI K8N SLI MOBO with 2gb of PQI turbo 3200 ram (3,4,4,8), 2.6v.

In following this guide, I first got my CPU's max, which seemed to only be 238 with a 10 multiplier at stock (1.4) volts +3.3%...this was with the mem. timings being stock as well.

So I figured this was a good place to sit, as i've seen others get all the way up to 2600-2800 mhz, I thought I was at a moderate level with 38 idle temps and 52 load temps.

So I moved onto my ram, knowing it was not the best brand, and was able to gain stability up to 230@2.55v

I followed the guide to do both of these, lowering the ram to find the CPU's max and lowering the CPU to find the RAM's max. Each time, I had a HT mult. of 3x. Anyways, when trying to mesh them together with many different settings, I still cannot get a boot. It just gives me a blank monitor.

I have disabled the CPU speed spectrum as suggested, and followed the tips and tools of many different guides, but mainly this one.

Here are the combos i tried:
    267x9 with ram at 166mhz divider
    238x10 with 180 divider

and I also tried many others that I just cannot remember right now since there've been so many...cannot get a boot up screen.

I'm lost here, I got stability with a 2400 max CPU and a 230mhz RAM rating..but when I try to put them together my comp. is dead until I clear the CMOS.

I need some help...thanks.

19. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    heres an example of oc with the a64 x2 6400
    freq:3.52=11*320
    vcore:1.45
    htt link:3
    ram:cpu/7=503mhz(ddr2 1000)
    ramvoltage:2.20
    i can't go up to 3.6ghz without stability issue, any suggestion?