2 GPUs "Running", but one idle

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by davepl, Dec 3, 2013.

1. davepl

davepl Guest

GPU:
    GTX680 4G
    My setup has two GPUs: my main (display) card, a GTX680, and a second (folding only) card, a 9800GTX,

I have them set up as slots and they show Running when I set to Full.

My problem is that the main GTX680, while it shows "Running" in its slot, is always idle. I've checked it with GPUMeter and with EVGA's app, both show it as just sitting there.

I've tried removing and re-adding the GPUs as well as setting their indices manually, to no avail.

The 9800GTX is somewhat sporadic, but usually sits at 87% usage. The GTX680 sits at 0-2%.

Thoughts? By every measure it looks like it should be working, it's just not doing any work on that one GPU.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I had similar troubles a while back. Check my thread at http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382219 for tips & see if anything in there works for you.
    When I finally got mine working, the 2nd (older & dedicated) GPU was at a constant 99% work load, and the primary GPU & CPU folded only when machine was idle, so hopefully this helps.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you set GPU slot 1 index to 0 and GPU slot 2 index to 1 then move the power slider to "Full" and they should work. That's all I did when I had my GT640 and GTX660 both folding.

4. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti