AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL_Modded for LEGACY GPUs - SUPER STABLE SUPER PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    AMD Catalyst 12.10 WHQL Modded_ Legacy GPU(s) - Super Stable, Super Performance.. (31/OCT/2012)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Link : (Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - x32 ONLY)

>> 32Bit Modded Driver Download Link <<

Download Link : (Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - x64 ONLY)

>> 64Bit Modded Driver Download Link <<

** Disable Driver Signature Enforcement before installation.
    ** Download all the parts, extract it to a single folder and install the driver.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternate method of modding the driver.

Download the 12.10 WHQL x32Bit Original Package :

Direct Link >> AMD 12.10 WHQL Win V/7/8 x32bit Official

Download the MODDED x32Bit Driver Files (.rar) :

Link >> 12.10_WHQL_x32bit_Modded_Package_Legacy_AnkX.rar

Download the 12.10 WHQL x64Bit Original Package :

Direct Link >> AMD 12.10 WHQL Win V/7/8 x64bit Official

Download the MODDED x64Bit Driver Files (.rar) :

Link >> 12.10_WHQL_x64bit_Modded_Package_Legacy_AnkX.rar

** Download the Original and the Modded Files according to the OS (32 bit / 64 bit) and just replace the Folder named "Packages" in the original Driver with this folder "packages" from the modded driver (.rar).

Then follow the installation procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features in Driver :

WDDM 1.1 Feature Levels Supported = 10.1,10,9.3,9.2,9.1,9
    Clock Bug Fixed.
    Open CL Supported.
    Direct Compute Supported.
    DXVA Playback Supported.
    GPU Performance Support in Photoshop.
    AVT supported.
    Dx9 Errors rectified.

Installation Procedure :

** Uninstall & remove all previously installed Driver.
    ** Do remember to uninstall the old Catalyst Control Center also. ( Delete the "ATI Technologies" folder from the Program Files/Program Files(x86) folder(s). )

Step 1.> Unrar the Driver files.

Step 2.> Install the Driver through Device Manager (Do Not use the AMD Setup)

** x32 bit OS Users:

Download the x32 bit Modded Package.

and use the Use Driver path "..\12.10 WHQL x32bit Modded Legacy_AnkX\Packages\Drivers\Display\W8_INF"

** x64 bit OS Users:

Download the x64 bit Modded Package.

and use the Use Driver path "..\12.10 WHQL x64bit Modded Legacy_AnkX\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF"

--------------------------- END OF DRIVER INSTALLATION PROCEDURE -------------------------------------

Catalyst Control Center (CCC) Installation Procedure:

* Make sure the system is not having any component of CCC installed in it. ( Delete the "ATI Technologies" folder from the Program Files/Program Files(x86) folder(s).)

Step 1.> ONLY install the CCC from the 12.6 WHQL through the Normal install method. (Dont install any other component)

Step 2.> after the old CCC installation, Open Task Manager and terminate these processes if running:

* clistart.exe
    * ccc.exe
    * mom.exe
    * msiexec.exe

Step 3.> Go to the Folder "..\Packages\Apps\CCC2\Core-Static-Net4" of the MODDED DRIVER and run the "ccc-core-static.exe" installer.

------------------------------ END OF CCC INSTALLATION PROCEDURE ------------------------------------------

Associated Apps Installation :

Go to the Folder "..\Packages\Apps" Of the MODDED DRIVER and Manually istall all Apps according to the OS (x32/x64).

----------------------------- Installation End ----------------------------------------

** Personal Test/Conclusion :

I have tried to make the driver as perfect as it can be. Tested on almost 12 New games (on HD 4650) namely :

Crysis 2
    Prototpe 2
    COD Black Ops
    Max Payne 3
    Dark Siders 2
    Sleeping Dogs
    Battle Field 3
    Singularity
    NFS Run & Shift 2
    I am Alive

and few more..

These Drivers not only has a stable performance in all the games but performace increase can also be felt than the 12.11 Beta Modded Driver.

:)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overclocking GPU :

Just download this .rar file.

http://rapidgator.net/file/52869949/Ati_Overclocking_dllfiles_AnkX.rar.html

Extract all the data and copy all the .dll files to your system folder.
    Use any 3rd party application like Rivatuner, MSI Afterburner, ATI Tray Tool, etc

** for 32bit OS users : Copy the .dll files to " ..\windows\system32 " Folder

** for 64it OS users : Copy the .dll files to " ..\windows\system32 " AND "..\windows\syswow64" Folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Thank you. How do I run a benchmark to see the difference between this driver and the 12.6 one?

3. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
    thx testing

4. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Well you can use Bench Marking software like 3DMark, Aquamark, Lightsmark, Furmark, etc.

Or you can use a lay method for general testing in games like Sleeping Dogs, SS4, and many other games provide internal benchmark options where you can do bench marks to see differences.

else you can use any FPS Counter software in a game to see the difference when playing the game. Many game like Battle Field provides the command line option to enable FPS showing which can be handy.

OR you can use Radeon Pro, which can hook onto d3d9 and d3d10 games to show you the FPS count while playing....

Remember.., make sure all settings in CCC and games are same while performing tests with different Drivers. :)

5. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    I will use the fps test in css.

Device manager doesn't want to update the generic driver. I installed the inf by myself, is that ok?

edit2 : I did some group policy trick to prevent windows from installing the generic driver, then I chose the modded driver folder and before clicking on "next" I disabled the policy and windows installed the new driver.

6. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    did you remove the old driver completely first.??

and did the new driver installed successfully..???

7. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    gr8.. :)

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Dammit. Windows cannot load the driver. The old drivers were completely removed and windows installed the new inf.

9. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Is your Windows loading properly..?? or giving a BSOD..??

Which type of OS are you using..? 32 bit / 64 bit..??

10. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Windows (8 pro with media center x64) starts ok but it gave me a code 31 error in device manager. It rejects your modded driver. I have a 4670.

11. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Same as mine,, Win 8 Pro x64..

Ok do this..

go to c:\windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository.

there will be a folder named '' ati*something*something* ''
    just rename the folder to some thing else.. but remember to take a note of the actual name of the folder.

by doing this,, it will not install the default Ati Driver when the gpu driver is uninstalled from the Device manager.

Then go to c:\windows\inf\

There also you will find a file named '' ati*something*something* .inf ''

rename it to something else.

now open your Device Manager and uninstall the GPU Driver.
    Select the option of 'delete driver files' when uninstalling.

Now reboot.. your pc should be booting with the Basic Display driver and not the default ATI driver..

then go to Device Manager and update the Basic Display driver Manually with this Modded Driver.. It should install nicely... ;) :)

12. DigitalMind

DigitalMind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870 Elite 1GB
    testing now

13. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    I did what you say and I used the "search driver software in the computer" option to install the driver. Now it works fine :)

I get a few more fps in games and the new ccc is fast.

14. JohnnyS

JohnnyS Guest

GPU:
    HD Radeon 4850
    Thanks ankinferno for the modded drivers.

But I seem to have the same problems as trocio2 (code 31).

So I tried your solution:
    I have got six folders that start with ati @ c:\windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository.
    The next problem is that I cant change folder name, Windows wont let me (UAC is disabled and I'm admin).

I have two files that start with ati @ c:\windows\inf\
    I renamed those.

Still not working. Windows isn't installing some old Ati driver after restart automatically anyway because I did the same thing trocio2 did ( group policy trick).

15. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Look. The new inf should be in Windows database (you can add it manually), like this:

[​IMG]

If you cant change a file name in system32 you need are lacking privileges.

Try this tool (or keep looking in the web..)

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/take-ownership-of-files-and-folders-in-windows-8/

Once you do that, uninstall the device and it will show up as a generic graphics adapter and you can choose the modded driver.

16. DigitalMind

DigitalMind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870 Elite 1GB
    i can't install the driver .........: The Best driver software for your device is already installed : Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date....
    WTF ?

17. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570
    when i try to install driver,say the system cannot find the file specified,help me plz

18. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    Will this Driver work with the 3650m?

19. orionatus

orionatus Guest

GPU:
    ATI M3650
    Hi all! Thx for the driver ankinferno!!! It really flies! :) I've installed it manually as installer didn't show me any driver to install. But it works correctly only if I restart my laptop into "driver signing off" mode. Anything I can do about it? Maybe I've chosen the wrong file? There are C7.... C8... and CH... I don't know if it matters which one you choose. Either way my m3650 feels more lively now :) Thx again!

SMALL UPDATE:
    Driver loads properly if system is shut down from "signed drivers off" mode but when you restart Windows you will end up with vga driver.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  20. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
    overclocking not wrking