RivaTuner 2.11 Framerate and logitech G15 Keyboard

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Cibic, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Cibic

Cibic New Member

GPU:
    SLI Asus EN8800 gtx/768MB
    Hi, I have two issues.

Hardware Monitor does not report framerate, though everything seems correctly.

Also is there a config were I can increase the text size on the lcd screen on g15 logitech?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Statistics server is used to collect framerate and pass it to framerate graph. So it must be started too. RivaTuner gives you a hint that the server is needed by displaying the server's icon on this graph when the server is not loaded. Just click it to load the server or start it manually.
    Also, you can change G15 LCD font via PowerUser tab by editing LCDFont field. Default font is "font4x6", additional fonts can be found in .\Graphics\LCD\ folder. By default there are optional "font5x6", "font6x6" and "font6x8", you can add your own ones if you're not satisfied with them.

3. Cibic

Cibic New Member

GPU:
    You are resourceful, thank you.

Framerate still not working with stats server.

Is there a way to change a groups order?
    The only way to group each item is by overriding their group name? If so why when I rename 2 groups the same the items wont join?

I have another problem. While I am running full screen games or media player classic sometimes it gets me out of the full screen.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  4. Unwinder

Unreal. You're either doing something worg (e.g. closing monitoring window without enabling background monitoring mode) or running unsupported native 64-bit application, where framerate monitoring is not supposed to work by design.

Yes. Groups order is defined by graphs order, and graphs order can be adjusted using drag-and-drop in monitoring settings window.

This is the way to change default grouping. You don't have to do anything to group items, they are grouped by default.

Probably because you're misunderstanding something else.

So? How does it relate to RT forum?

5. Cibic

Cibic New Member

GPU:
    The full screen interruption happens with games like crysis, i just thought u can help, is alrite ignore this then.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  6. Unwinder

I won't be able to help you with that, sorry. Any application displaying popup window during gameplay (some diagnostic message, popup from your antivirus telling you that the databases have been updated etc, etc, etc) can cause fullscreen application to lose focus. Thousands of possible reasons, it is not the issue to be solved easily and distantly.

7. Unwinder

Then read above. Both RT and statistics server are 32-bit applications and they will not be able to directly interract with any native 64-bit application. Known issues section of the documentation warns you that the server is not supposed to work in native 64-bit applications. And there are no plans to port it to 64-bit, because supporting both 32 and 64-bit versions is expensive (in free time terms) and supporting just 64-bit version right now is insane beacase there is just 1% of 64-bit games on the market.

You won't be able to apply group name overriding trick to framerate value due to non-static nature of this graph name. Framerate group name is not formatted by RT, because the name depends on 3D applications 3D API usage. For example if you run 2 windowed 3D applications using different 3D APIs at the same time then there will be different group names in OSDs of these applications, e.g. "D3D9 : 100 FPS" for the first one and "OGL : 60 FPS" for the second one.

8. Cibic

Cibic New Member

GPU:
    Thx for your help