Can I adjust my 120mm fan speed with RivaTuner?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by MrNutjob, Jan 10, 2009.

1. MrNutjob

MrNutjob Member

GPU:
    8800GT @726/1809/1003
    Right now I can only do it with the little switch, (low-med-high) and I always have to open the side of the case to do it. Would be awesome if I could have the 120mm one at auto speed too, like the video card fan.

Currently I always have the 120mm fan at med speed. When I'm gaming the noise it makes, doesn't matter, but when I'm just browsing the web, it's out-noising the video card fan. I would like to always automatically have it at low speed when not gaming, that way my computer makes almost as little noise as possible.

Also wondering about this:
    My video card fan was loud all the time, so today a while ago I downloaded this great program, so I could have it go more quietly while I'm not playing anything.
    The highest temp it got to while playing was 65°C without RivaTuner.
    I haven't played anything to test the auto fan thing yet, but is it going to be higher than 50%? I don't mind it being a bit loud, because I can't hear it anyway. I use headphones that cover my ears. As long as it's not super loud, I'm good. :)

I'm sure the auto speeds are probably fine for my simple PC. I just want to know what each line under it means, since I don't understand it. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
  3. MrNutjob

MrNutjob Member

GPU:
    8800GT @726/1809/1003
    Everest says that my GPU temp is 55, but SpeedFan says 63, which one should I trust more. :)

They both show the same temperatures of eveything, except the video card. Why?

4. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    For GPU use RivaTuner. :D
    I think that SpeedFan take into account Core thermal compensation : 8°C and Everest don't. Just a wild guess.

I said about SpeedFan for controlling your case fans speeds.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009

5. MrNutjob

MrNutjob Member

GPU:
    8800GT @726/1809/1003
    RivaTuner says 63 too, and I don't understand how to control my case fans speed with SpeedFan. :D

6. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X