Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Evga Launches EVGA SC17 1080 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone
 
Hilbert Hagedoorn's Avatar
 
Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 5960K
Mainboard: X99
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default Evga Launches EVGA SC17 1080 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop - 08-11-2017, 09:06 | posts: 29,510 | Location: Guru3D testlab

The EVGA SC17 1080 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop has arrived. Featuring a 4K-ready IPS panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology. This high performance laptop was meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore...

Evga Launches EVGA SC17 1080 G-SYNC Gaming Laptop
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
ChisChas
Newbie
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 780 ACX x 2
Processor: Haswell 4770K @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87x-UD3H
Memory: Corsair Ven Pro 2133 16GB
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Corsair HX 1050
Default 08-11-2017, 11:10 | posts: 43

Can you confirm a price for us?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
DDRSAM
Newbie
 
Videocard: Asus Nvidia 1070 8gb
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k
Mainboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: DDR4 16gb 3200MHZ
Soundcard: SupremeFX
PSU: Corsair 650M
Default 08-11-2017, 11:16 | posts: 16 | Location: London

Ticks all the boxes. Would be interesting to see it compared to the Asus models price and benchmark wise
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 11:33 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

C'mon EVGA. This is a fancier than average BGA turdbook. It's not built for overclocking. It is a compromised pile of trash made by yes-men. Otherwise, it would have 200W GTX 1080 GPUs and 7700K CPU like a Clevo beast.

Quote:
"This high performance laptop was meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike."
Really? What a load of baloney. BGA filth always sucks. It has no place in expensive so-called high performance computers, notebooks or desktops. And, where is the evidence (results) to substantiate that claim? Without any numbers to prove it, this is marketing hype and baseless rhetoric.

Quote:
This is the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop.
And, this statement is patently false and misleading. There is hard evidence to the contrary. I possess evidence to the contrary.

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-11-2017 at 13:15.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
Hayachan
Newbie
 
Videocard: Gigabyte Gtx970 G1
Processor: I7 2600K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Silverstone 700watt
Default 08-11-2017, 12:17 | posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
So, do reviewers read from a script or just make up stupid stuff as they go along? I mean c'mon. This is a fancier than average BGA turdbook. It's not built for overclocking. It is a compromised pile of trash made by yes-men. Otherwise, it would have 200W GTX 1080 GPUs and 7700K CPU like a Clevo beast.



Really? What a load of baloney. BGA filth always sucks. It has no place in expensive so-called high performance computers, notebooks or desktops. And, where is the evidence (results) to substantial that claim? Without any numbers to prove it, this is marketing hype and baseless rhetoric.

And, this statement is patently false and misleading. There is hard evidence to the contrary. I possess evidence to the contrary.
Wtf?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Deragot
Member Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 970 Zotac
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Mainboard:
Memory: HuperX 16 GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: 650W
Default 08-11-2017, 12:33 | posts: 104 | Location: Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
Blah blah blah
What in the WORLD made you think that this is a review???
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
scatman839
Ancient Guru
 
scatman839's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
Processor: i7 3610QM/i5 6500
Mainboard: HM77/B150M-C
Memory: 12GB D3/16GB D4
Soundcard: Via HD, x-530
PSU: 180w/RM650x
Default 08-11-2017, 13:03 | posts: 13,143 | Location: Scotland

It's quite clearly just a press release Hilbert put out lol
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 13:10 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deragot View Post
What in the WORLD made you think that this is a review???
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman839 View Post
It's quite clearly just a press release Hilbert put out lol
Ok, my bad. It's not a review. So, no offense to the person that shared the article. But, it is still nothing but blatant lies. Major offense if EVGA is actually publishing patently false information like this. Perhaps Guru3D.com should be a little more diligent to avoid distributing false information. Just because EVGA misrepresents this product doesn't make it OK to perpetuate lies.

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-11-2017 at 13:13.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone
 
Hilbert Hagedoorn's Avatar
 
Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 5960K
Mainboard: X99
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default 08-11-2017, 13:13 | posts: 29,510 | Location: Guru3D testlab

Lol, let me add some text in there stating clearly it is a press release.


Follow Guru3D on twitter - facebook and Youtube.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 13:14 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn View Post
Lol, let me add some text in there stating clearly it is a press release.
Yeah, sorry I blew up. Not directed at you. EVGA should be ashamed for releasing false and misleading information. I edited my post and removed reference to a "review" LOL.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru
 
nhlkoho's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 980ti sc+
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 08-11-2017, 13:32 | posts: 7,097 | Location: Washington DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
Ok, my bad. It's not a review. So, no offense to the person that shared the article. But, it is still nothing but blatant lies. Major offense if EVGA is actually publishing patently false information like this. Perhaps Guru3D.com should be a little more diligent to avoid distributing false information. Just because EVGA misrepresents this product doesn't make it OK to perpetuate lies.
Just about every company releasing information on a new product will hype it up and exaggerate its features to make the product stand out. I don't know why you're so mad about it though.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 13:41 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
Just about every company releasing information on a new product will hype it up and exaggerate its features to make the product stand out. I don't know why you're so mad about it though.
Because it is totally dishonest. Some degree of marketing hype should be expected. Blatant fabrications and false claims like the rubbish in this press release should not be expected. I have railed on other brands for the same behavior. Acer pulled the same crap with their 21-inch Predator turdbook. This kind of false advertising is out of control. There are multiple examples of lies in this press release. The notebook manufacturers should be held accountable for making baseless claims and stick to the facts.

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-11-2017 at 13:44.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Tbonesan
Newbie
 
Videocard: 980ti
Processor: 5820k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 1000watt
Default 08-11-2017, 13:54 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
So, do reviewers read from a script or just make up stupid stuff as they go along? I mean c'mon. This is a fancier than average BGA turdbook. It's not built for overclocking. It is a compromised pile of trash made by yes-men. Otherwise, it would have 200W GTX 1080 GPUs and 7700K CPU like a Clevo beast.



Really? What a load of baloney. BGA filth always sucks. It has no place in expensive so-called high performance computers, notebooks or desktops. And, where is the evidence (results) to substantial that claim? Without any numbers to prove it, this is marketing hype and baseless rhetoric.

And, this statement is patently false and misleading. There is hard evidence to the contrary. I possess evidence to the contrary.
More phoney balony BGA disposable junk posing as enthusiast grade hardware. What's with laptop children eating up locked down un-upgradable glorified tablets now. Don't folk want the option to upgrade a $3000 machine or something? I'm suprised BGA filth like this has been able to get away with it for this long ! For shame this review/overview/PR piece mentioned none of it.
Totally agree, a MXM GPU upgradable Clevo with a legit socketed CPU will wipe the floor with this soldered mess.

Last edited by Tbonesan; 08-11-2017 at 14:00.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru
 
nhlkoho's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 980ti sc+
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 08-11-2017, 13:59 | posts: 7,097 | Location: Washington DC

Care to point out the blatant lies? Your above posts show your are quite upset that this laptop was "meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike" and "the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop."

I'd like to see the "hard evidence" you say you have that proves otherwise.

p.s. I think the specs look ok for a gaming laptop.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Denial
Ancient Guru
 
Denial's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 1080Ti
Processor: i7-7820x
Mainboard: X299 SLI PLUS
Memory: 32GB GSkill 3600
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/KEF LS50
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 08-11-2017, 14:07 | posts: 10,992 | Location: Terra Firma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
Care to point out the blatant lies? Your above posts show your are quite upset that this laptop was "meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike" and "the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop."

I'd like to see the "hard evidence" you say you have that proves otherwise.

p.s. I think the specs look ok for a gaming laptop.
There is like a group of fanatical enthusiasts that can't stand 45w un-upgradable processors put into laptops and labeled as gaming machines. Even though it's like 90% of the performance of the full variant for half the power and the vast majority of customers who buy these things don't care to upgrade a laptop in the first place.

They hate that companies offer different options for different people.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 15:46 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial View Post
There is like a group of fanatical enthusiasts that can't stand 45w un-upgradable processors put into laptops and labeled as gaming machines. Even though it's like 90% of the performance of the full variant for half the power and the vast majority of customers who buy these things don't care to upgrade a laptop in the first place.

They hate that companies offer different options for different people.
It's OK to think what you want to. I respect everyone's right to have an opinion. What I do not respect is companies that misrepresent the products they sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
Care to point out the blatant lies? Your above posts show your are quite upset that this laptop was "meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike" and "the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop."

I'd like to see the "hard evidence" you say you have that proves otherwise.

p.s. I think the specs look ok for a gaming laptop.
The statements that are lies are obvious on face value to anyone that knows what they are looking at. The trouble is, most people don't. Specs of this example alone are a disqualifier. Heck, 240W is not enough power for just one of my mobile GTX 1080's with a nice overclock. It's fine to make jokebooks for people that want them. It's not fine to make false statements that are misleading.

There is nothing "enthusiast" about castrated soldered BGA notebooks. Can they play games OK? Sure. Are they good at overclocking and producing impressive benchmarks? Absolutely not, in spite of what EVGA says about their special gamer-boy toy. They may have a place, but presenting to be something they are not is dishonest.

This is what laptops designed for overclocking perform like. Choose any of the submissions you want to. http://hwbot.org/user/mr._fox/

Here are a few examples:

http://valid.x86.fr/gl1wcb
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13256664
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12274152
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12274145
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5628529

Show me just one example of a BGA turdbook that can come close to this level of overclocking and performance and I will admit I am wrong. EVGA's press release is a crock.

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-11-2017 at 15:54.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
Agent-A01
Ancient Guru
 
Agent-A01's Avatar
 
Videocard: 1080Ti H20
Processor: i7 5930K 4.7GHz H20
Mainboard: ASUS X99-AU31
Memory: G.Skill 32GB 3200C12
Soundcard: ASUS Phoebus
PSU: EVGA P2-1200W
Default 08-11-2017, 15:56 | posts: 9,605 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
The statements that are lies are obvious on face value to anyone that knows what they are looking at. The trouble is, most people don't. Specs of this example alone are a disqualifier. Heck, 240W is not enough power for just one of my mobile GTX 1080's with a nice overclock. It's fine to make jokebooks for people that want them. It's not fine to make false statements that are misleading.

There is nothing "enthusiast" about castrated soldered BGA notebooks. Can they play games OK? Sure. Are they good at overclocking and producing impressive benchmarks? Absolutely not, in spite of what EVGA says about their special gamer-boy toy. They may have a place, but presenting to be something they are not is dishonest.

This is what laptops designed for overclocking perform like. Choose any of the submissions you want to. http://hwbot.org/user/mr._fox/

Here are a few examples:

http://valid.x86.fr/gl1wcb
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/13256664
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12274152
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12274145
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5628529

Show me just one example of a BGA turdbook that can come close to this level of overclocking and performance and I will admit I am wrong. EVGA's press release is a crock.
I think you should take a step back and reflect upon your statements.

EVGA said it's overclockable, not the best overclocking in the world.

Saying this laptop is built for gamers, enthusiasts and whatnot is also not a 'blatant' lie.
They can market it however they want.

Also, BGA has nothing to do with any of their statements as 90% of said population will never upgrade it anyways.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru
 
nhlkoho's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 980ti sc+
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 08-11-2017, 16:04 | posts: 7,097 | Location: Washington DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post

Show me just one example of a BGA turdbook that can come close to this level of overclocking and performance and I will admit I am wrong. EVGA's press release is a crock.
Save your hate until you see some real world numbers from this notebook.

Also like said above, I don't know a single person who buys a laptop with the intent of upgrading it past adding more RAM or a new HDD/SSD.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default 08-11-2017, 16:07 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-A01 View Post
I think you should take a step back and reflect upon your statements.

EVGA said it's overclockable, not the best overclocking in the world.

Saying this laptop is built for gamers, enthusiasts and whatnot is also not a 'blatant' lie.
They can market it however they want.

Also, BGA has nothing to do with any of their statements as 90% of said population will never upgrade it anyways.
EVGA said "meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike" and "the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop."

No hardcore gamer, performance enthusiast or overclocker is going to believe this for even a minute. Aspiring young minds certainly might be led astry. The comment about being the world's first true overclocking laptop is ludicrous in addition to being dishonest.

Anyone that knows the hardware will recognize the falsehood of these statements. They are misleading and dishonest statements. The only equally dishonest marketing I remember seeing was the over-hyped fluff Acer put out about their 21-inch Predator abortion.

I don't remember seeing lies like this from MSI, ASUS, Alienware, Razer or Gigabyte about their turdbooks. I think they're smart enough to know better. Apparently, EVGA is not. They need to be called out for dishonest marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
Save your hate until you see some real world numbers from this notebook.

Also like said above, I don't know a single person who buys a laptop with the intent of upgrading it past adding more RAM or a new HDD/SSD.
I've already seen numbers for other laptops with identical specs. I am confident the hardware in this one won't be any different than the hardware in the others. Specs are specs, and what you can do with them will only take you so far.

You apparently don't know the people I do and it seems that you live in a different world with people of a different persuasion. That's OK, and I am not saying anything other than there is a whole lot more going on out there than what it seems you are familiar with.

And, now you cannot say that any more. Hi... Nice to meet you. I am Mr. Fox, and I am one... and there are many like me.

Last edited by Mr. Fox; 08-11-2017 at 16:29.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
Falkentyne
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
Processor: Core i7 2600k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000W
Default 08-11-2017, 16:45 | posts: 412

*edit* doublepost with a giant picture...No idea how that happened ...

Last edited by Falkentyne; 08-13-2017 at 00:04.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
Falkentyne
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
Processor: Core i7 2600k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000W
Default 08-11-2017, 16:46 | posts: 412

240W PSU is not enough for a GTX 1080.
If you try to overclock, either the CPU will power throttle like hell or the system will shut down. Base TDP of 7820HK is 45W. Base TDP of 1080 GTX is 200W. If it's using a 150W version, then its not a 1080 GTX at all. And a max Q version is not a 1080. Especially when it's going to lose to a modded 1070.

Overclocking? I can make my 7820HK draw 91W without rebooting and it's a BGA turd. So how is a 240W psu enough?

If this is a 150W 1080, you can still manage to exceed PSU limits by overclocking both. And if it's capped at 150, well you can't really overclock it if you're going to be hitting power limit nonstop.

But what gets me is "world's first overclocking laptop...." I mean this statement makes Razer (the king of viral marketing lies) look like Apple.
I would have kept my mouth shut until I saw that and then saw they tried to pair a 1080 with a 240W psu...

I'm pretty sure my 7820HK and 1070 can get higher scores than this system.
Here's 91W power draw on a 7820HK at 4.4 ghz without it shutting off or hitting Prochot#:



Can this 1080 laptop achieve this?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Robbo9999
Master Guru
 
Robbo9999's Avatar
 
Videocard: Zotac GTX1070 AMP 2037Mhz
Processor: i7-6700K@4.7Ghz Delid Air
Mainboard: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3x
Memory: 16G DDR4-3200 15-15-15-32
Soundcard: Asus Xonar U7 / AKG K702
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
Default 08-11-2017, 17:14 | posts: 560

Yep, EVGA's marketing statements are way off, as Mr. Fox pointed out the following statements just aren't a reality with this notebook:
"meticulously crafted from the ground up for hardcore gamers, performance enthusiasts, and overclockers alike" and "the world's first TRUE overclocking laptop."

The last quote is particularly innaccurate, "worlds first TRUE overclocking laptop", that's just plain wrong on so many levels, it's not gonna be particularly good at overclocking, and other laptops have already existed that overclock far better. It's false advertisement. For a start a 240W PSU is not enough to support a 200W version of the laptop GTX 1080 and a CPU, especially not when overclocked. And if it's a lower wattage version of the laptop 1080 then it's not particularly "hardcore" which were the words they chose. BAH, false advertisement!

These notebooks can exist, I'm quite happy with that, but don't mislead people with false advertisement.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
bennyg
Newbie
 
Videocard: 1070 SLI
Processor: Intel i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 2x 330W powerbrick
Default 08-11-2017, 17:31 | posts: 1

This laptop needs a review done on it, by someone who knows what laptop hardware that can be overclocked really looks like and can put the marketing trash in the garbage where it belongs.

EVGA just has to show some evidence to back up its statements. Show us an overclocked, cpu+gpu workload not throttling with the ridiculous 240W power supply, because what use are a couple of gimmicks to make overclocking half a second quicker when the hardware choices have physical limits you can do nothing to work around.

Until they can demonstrate how this laptop can live up to its claims EVGA can remove all mention of the word overclock from all marketing material to have it not mislead and deceive. They can also not call it "first" anything. A couple of years ago clevo made the P870DM, far from "the first", but still, it's a 17" laptop that can draw more than two 330W power supplies can give, it had a full desktop (91W) unlocked CPU that can be overclocked and draw upwards of 130W, it can power two GPU slots with over 260W, each, i.e. More than needed to max OC whatever GPU/s that it came with, and had over a kilogram of copper (including 8 heat pipes) to cool it all. THAT is what a laptop built for overclocking sounds like.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
Papusan
Newbie
 
Videocard: Gtx980
Processor: i7-7700K
Mainboard: P870DM-G powered by Prema
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 2x 330W Delta
Default 08-11-2017, 18:37 | posts: 2

High performance laptop(unlocked 7820Hk and 1080) with 240W psu. Is this a joke? 240w psu is Barely enough for the single 1080. What with the rest of the hardware? Amazing... How can 240w feeding the whole setup? Battery boost known as Hybrid tech. Same as Msi and later Alienware pushed out. Sad times if this is what EVGA push out. Ain't the same 240W psu used with former 6820hk and 1070? Or with 980M?
   
Reply With Quote
So much to do about a 240W AC adapter...
Old
  (#25)
Mr. Fox
Newbie
 
Mr. Fox's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 1080 SLI (Notebook)
Processor: 7700K
Mainboard: HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3
Memory: DDR4-3200 / 64GB (4*16GB)
Soundcard:
PSU: EUROCOM 780W AC Adapter
Default So much to do about a 240W AC adapter... - 08-13-2017, 02:46 | posts: 11 | Location: Not Disclosed / Classified

So, this is my little 15-inch Eurocom Tornado F5/HIDevolution EVOC 16L-G-1080. Notice the GPU power utilization. A 330W AC adapter is just barely adequate. So, you can let your imagination guide you on what to expect with that 'meticulously crafted' thing EVGA is crowing about, LOL.

   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.