Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#51)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-08-2017, 16:25 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjGamer View Post
So essentially slick’s edit is doing nothing unless you attach a particle to spawn as well?
I don't know what are the specific edits that he made, what I know for sure is that enabling physics basically means that the particle will collide with the world, and to do so the particle must have a "presence" in the world, so it must have a .hkr file that defines it's collision shape (probably along with other properties).

Old
  (#52)
AjGamer
Member Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080Ti
Processor: Core i7-4790K @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: CX750M
Default 08-08-2017, 16:27 | posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver View Post
I don't know what are the specific edits that he made, what I know for sure is that enabling physics basically means that the particle will collide with the world, and to do so the particle must have a "presence" in the world, so it must have a .hkr file that defines it's collision shape (probably along with other properties).
Ah ok, so he enabled the physical properties of the particle from the explosion, BUT a particle needs to be defined to use that property

Old
  (#53)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-08-2017, 16:33 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjGamer View Post
Ah ok, so he enabled the physical properties of the particle from the explosion, BUT a particle needs to be defined to use that property
Making a particle "phisical" is not just enabling a simple magical flag Physics=1 that will turn everything in something awesome, you must actually define every property of the particle that is required by the physics engine (I don't know exactly how many things must be properly defined for the WD particle engine to process a physical particle).
Usually a particle effect must have a 3d model and a collision model to have physics for example, while the "fire" is just a bunch of 2d planes with a translucent flame image on them, no 3d nor collision models involved.

You guys should really try to documentate on the common basics of any generic particle engine, because besides being very interesting it would also save you a lot of questions and a lot of wasted time.

Last edited by The Silver; 08-08-2017 at 16:38.

Tags
2012, dogs, explosion, station, watch