Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-05-2017, 19:44 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjGamer View Post
on a semi unrelated note, whatever happened to the minimod you were working on that increased police patrols and news broadcasts about aiden?
I'm gonna release both the Reputation Rebalance mod and the Increased Systemic Events mod tomorrow or the day after tomorrow at most. I would have done that today but I had no more time and now I'm away from home untill tomorrow evening.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-05-2017, 19:54 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrlu View Post
I'm looking for, ammm the value that you told me change...increasing is more or less? Because in some games more is less.
More
Default is 1.5 i think and i set it to 7
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-05-2017, 20:14 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

What about the sound? i tried changing SoundEffectFile="*NUMBER*" and no luck
do i need to change every single explosion sound in order for this to work?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
Mrlu
Member Guru
 
Videocard: UNKNOWN
Processor: UNKNOWN
Mainboard: UNKNOWN
Memory: UNKNOWN
Soundcard: UNKNOWN
PSU: UNKNOWN
Default 08-05-2017, 20:16 | posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySlickThatsMe View Post
More
Default is 1.5 i think and i set it to 7
I found just the particles electrical explosion blue that number increase the size of the particles but not the amount, wich is the amount?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-05-2017, 20:27 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

i don't know
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-05-2017, 21:05 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrlu View Post
I found just the particles electrical explosion blue that number increase the size of the particles but not the amount, wich is the amount?
Every parameter is written in plain english, so the answer is there you just have to look better, maybe search on google if you are puzzled about the meaning of a parameter.

I'm not at my pc now but usually in the particle systems of the various engines you have two ways to increase the amount of particles that an emitter spawns, you either increase the number that defines the spawnrate or you just increase the emission duration, so maybe look for that.

@HeySlickThatsMe: I still have to test the Sound part of the particle emitters so for now I don't know the answer.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
Mrlu
Member Guru
 
Videocard: UNKNOWN
Processor: UNKNOWN
Mainboard: UNKNOWN
Memory: UNKNOWN
Soundcard: UNKNOWN
PSU: UNKNOWN
Default 08-06-2017, 03:10 | posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver View Post
Every parameter is written in plain english, so the answer is there you just have to look better, maybe search on google if you are puzzled about the meaning of a parameter.

I'm not at my pc now but usually in the particle systems of the various engines you have two ways to increase the amount of particles that an emitter spawns, you either increase the number that defines the spawnrate or you just increase the emission duration, so maybe look for that.

@HeySlickThatsMe: I still have to test the Sound part of the particle emitters so for now I don't know the answer.
Yeah, i remember too because I'm not at pc says something about emittflags and static size and emitt duration and another ones of speed and that but I need to modify one by one for all the particles of just the cavern transformer for example? Or there's an option for all the particles of one (example) because How I said to you appear blue red gold the particles colors
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-06-2017, 16:14 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

Research:
ModParticleSize="Number" is used for the Size of the particle , not the whole effect (Which makes it look nicer and smoother) , if you want to set it to eg: 6 then set the particle size to 5 and effect size to 1 or you can do some other stuff like 5.9 and 0.1
ModRangeEmitterSizeX="number" ModRangeEmitterSizeY="number" ModRangeEmitterSizeZ="number"> control the Scattering of the particle , for example setting everything to 5 5 5 will add few fires around the area istnead of one big fire
Fire continuous from gas station has something like this (0.5 by default afaik)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-06-2017, 16:24 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

More research:
The cordinates work like this:
X Z Y

PosOffset="20,10,0"
20 is X
10 is Z
0 is Y
From my understanding setting it to -20,20 will place the debris in the same spot as E3

Last edited by HeySlickThatsMe; 08-06-2017 at 16:29.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
Mrlu
Member Guru
 
Videocard: UNKNOWN
Processor: UNKNOWN
Mainboard: UNKNOWN
Memory: UNKNOWN
Soundcard: UNKNOWN
PSU: UNKNOWN
Default 08-06-2017, 17:47 | posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySlickThatsMe View Post
Research:
ModParticleSize="Number" is used for the Size of the particle , not the whole effect (Which makes it look nicer and smoother) , if you want to set it to eg: 6 then set the particle size to 5 and effect size to 1 or you can do some other stuff like 5.9 and 0.1
ModRangeEmitterSizeX="number" ModRangeEmitterSizeY="number" ModRangeEmitterSizeZ="number"> control the Scattering of the particle , for example setting everything to 5 5 5 will add few fires around the area istnead of one big fire
Fire continuous from gas station has something like this (0.5 by default afaik)
Cool info bro thanks!!
For the gas station example, this ones MaxEmitDist="x" FadeEmitDist="x" what does they ?do
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#36)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-06-2017, 18:20 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

Propably draw distance
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-06-2017, 18:55 | posts: 592

Yes afterall these parameters are well named so they are easily recognizable and they mostly match the usual parameters of any common particle engine, so I guess that reading some wiki of the unrealengine particles or the cryengine particles would answer almost any question.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-06-2017, 19:02 | posts: 592

For example what I would do for the ground flames would be to add an emitter with offest at ground level and size(big, short, big) so that it spawns the particles in a flat wide area at ground level, then those particles will be the ground flames textures and will have no velocity or weight, so that they will just stand still once spawned.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-06-2017, 19:05 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

Ok , also sorry for offtopic but what did you do to export 92fs in zmodeler?
Everytime i import a gun and try to export it (Even 100% vanilla one) it gives me some error with skinning geometry , what did you do to fix this? (same thing with PX4 btw)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-06-2017, 23:10 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySlickThatsMe View Post
Ok , also sorry for offtopic but what did you do to export 92fs in zmodeler?
Everytime i import a gun and try to export it (Even 100% vanilla one) it gives me some error with skinning geometry , what did you do to fix this? (same thing with PX4 btw)
I don't remember the details, but I surely remember it was a nightmare to get a properly exported file... XD
It's been years now and my 2 weeks ZModeler trial license expired long ago, I'm not sure of the exact steps however I think it was somewhat slightly different and probably more complex than the steps you wrote in your tutorial, because character models and weapon models are different.

PS: Also I remember that while the Px4 export worked I wasn't able to get other weapons working, for example even exporting the vanilla 1911 without any edits after importing it made my game crash...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
AjGamer
Member Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080Ti
Processor: Core i7-4790K @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: CX750M
Default 08-08-2017, 14:55 | posts: 125

Imma dip a little idea here quickly. I feel the reason the particles look so off is that they have no “realness” to them. They’re just 3d bits that fall through the floor as they come down. What if instead of many particle debris, we tried using fewer physical debris? This way the explosion feels more real because there’s actually matter produced by the explosion on the street and ground?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-08-2017, 15:11 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

2 Explosions and Distortion is present

Red Smoke + Broken Sign + Tires

Would there be any way to bring the Distortion back (i tried and no luck) and make the smoke red? I use the Steam pipe smoke because it looks like E3
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
AjGamer
Member Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080Ti
Processor: Core i7-4790K @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: CX750M
Default 08-08-2017, 15:15 | posts: 125

You could try to edit the smokes textures if possible, but the current black smoke still looks good.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-08-2017, 15:24 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjGamer View Post
Imma dip a little idea here quickly. I feel the reason the particles look so off is that they have no “realness” to them. They’re just 3d bits that fall through the floor as they come down. What if instead of many particle debris, we tried using fewer physical debris? This way the explosion feels more real because there’s actually matter produced by the explosion on the street and ground?
When you say that "the particles look so off" you are referring to what you saw and recorded in your video? Because in your video they looks so off due to the fact that HeySlickThatsMe edited my work and exaggerated the amount of debris (and the more the debris the more you notice them disappearing through the ground), however my file in the first post of this thread have an increased amount of debris compared to the vanilla game while still remaining fairly realistic.
Anyway having real physical debris would be awesome, but there's a reason why they don't do that in videogames (most of the times they just fall through the ground), because usually the result isn't worth the significant performance hit (guess why they removed the old awesome E3 2012 Gas Station Explosion sequence?).
What I'm trying to do now is to add only some debris with physics, along with all the other "ghost" debris, this is usually the best compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySlickThatsMe View Post
2 Explosions and Distortion is present
http://i.imgur.com/JtCA3yQ.jpg
Red Smoke + Broken Sign + Tires
http://i.imgur.com/O7zxljh.jpg
Would there be any way to bring the Distortion back (i tried and no luck) and make the smoke red? I use the Steam pipe smoke because it looks like E3
It seems that the E3 2012 explosion is actually the result of the two pumps exploding and mixing in a big fireball.
Yeah I noticed that, and looking at the extremely well fitting fires that engulfs the 3d models of the gas station I would say that they were all hand placed 3d models, looking at the way the fire swirls and moves on these areas it looks like they used a fire texture that slides on an invisible model that fits the specific area of the gas station. Basically every little detail was scripted and handcrafted to suit exactly that specific cinematic, and nothing is left in the final game, not even the breakable sign etc.
I don't think that it would be easy to bring back a convincing distortion, the fact that in the E3 2012 video it's so subtle means that we have not much reference to reacreate it and mostly that it's a very low priority considering how briefly it's seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjGamer View Post
You could try to edit the smokes textures if possible, but the current black smoke still looks good.
I agree, for both the fire and the smoke I think that a quick retexture is the most efficient way to check if this is the right path to improve the mod, or it's just better to leave them as is for now.

Last edited by The Silver; 08-08-2017 at 15:29.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-08-2017, 15:33 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

I tried changing the texture but the smoke was still black
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#46)
AjGamer
Member Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080Ti
Processor: Core i7-4790K @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: CX750M
Default 08-08-2017, 15:38 | posts: 125

Yeah the major issue is that you just watch particles fall through the floor, having physical particles would be ideal but not everyone could run it (I’m spoiled by my 1080ti lmao) in any event I could just try seeing the hit of physical particles myself, I just gotta figure out how to add them
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#47)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-08-2017, 15:41 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

I enabled the physics for these 2 big fires in Gas station explosion in the revival mod but i saw no difference , left it like that and it should be in 0.5 archive
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
The Silver
Master Guru
 
The Silver's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 08-08-2017, 15:55 | posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySlickThatsMe View Post
I enabled the physics for these 2 big fires in Gas station explosion in the revival mod but i saw no difference , left it like that and it should be in 0.5 archive
Physics for fire? Obviously it didn't work, because 2d particles have nothing to do with physics, the only particles that can be physical are the 3d models with havok (that's why there's the PhysicsGeometry= parameter that requires the path to the .hkr file of the 3d particle).

Last edited by The Silver; 08-08-2017 at 16:01.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
HeySlickThatsMe
Master Guru
 
HeySlickThatsMe's Avatar
 
Videocard: No Record
Processor: No Record
Mainboard: No Record
Memory: No Record
Soundcard: No Record
PSU: No Record
Default 08-08-2017, 16:00 | posts: 462 | Location: No Record

Oh , you are right
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
AjGamer
Member Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 1080Ti
Processor: Core i7-4790K @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: CX750M
Default 08-08-2017, 16:06 | posts: 125

So essentially slick’s edit is doing nothing unless you attach a particle to spawn as well?
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012, dogs, explosion, station, watch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.