Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

AB and Gigabyte RX-580 issues??
Old
  (#1)
jbarish

Videocard: 580 8b
Processor: 6600k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master
Default AB and Gigabyte RX-580 issues?? - 08-03-2017, 23:21 | posts: 2

The latest MSI afterburner does not seem to work reliably on Windows 10 with my Gigabyte GV-RX580GAMING-8GD. I set the clock to 1440, boost the voltage and apply the changes in afterburner but GPU-Z doesn't recognize the changes and running Heaven Benchmark shows that the clock is running at 1340 max. Is there another option for OC'ing the Gigabyte GV-RX580GAMING-8GD?? Or am I stuck with the built in Wattman's limited overclocking features??. Is Wattman be interfering with MSI Afterburner settings?? Is there any way to disable Wattman or Delete it entirely??

Thanks,
jb

Old
  (#2)
ldwar
Member Guru

Videocard: Sapp HD390x crossfire
Processor: Intel core i7 6700K
Mainboard: Asus Z170 pro gaming
Memory: corsair DDR4 16Gb
Soundcard: G933 Logitech
PSU: Corsair 1200 AX
Default 08-04-2017, 12:21 | posts: 100 | Location: France

hi, did you increase the power limit ?

on my side, without the power limit increased, core frequency never goes where it should.

Old
  (#3)
jbarish

Videocard: 580 8b
Processor: 6600k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master
Default 08-04-2017, 16:19 | posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwar View Post
hi, did you increase the power limit ?

on my side, without the power limit increased, core frequency never goes where it should.
Yes, I increased the voltage and the power limit. The behavior is strange. I t might be because the 580 and it's driver are still so new. Not having much luck
OC'ing with wattman either.