Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Asus Xonar AE - any reviews or examinations?
Old
  (#1)
Bogdanov89

Videocard: 16gb
Processor: i7
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: corsair 750w
Default Asus Xonar AE - any reviews or examinations? - 08-01-2017, 14:55 | posts: 1

I saw that Asus recently released a new sound card called Xonar AE

I was unable to find any reviews or videos that detail how good the card's hardware, software and drivers are.

Does anyone know of a reliable review?

Old
  (#2)
GenClaymore
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080 FE @ 2ghz
Processor: I7 3930k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.4v
Mainboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth
Memory: G-skill 4x4GB @2133
Soundcard: AE-5>Jot> BAL>JBL305/R70x
PSU: Cosair RM850
Default 08-01-2017, 15:28 | posts: 5,919 | Location: Southfield,MI

May be a while before you see an review of it, most like it flew under people radars. I forgot about it my self, as I seen it on the asus site months ago. It looks like it may be an replacement for the Xonar DG/X and DS/X series due to it sharing some features from each of the Two,Merged into one card. Such as the op-amp socket from the DS/X and the Headphone amp from the DG/X. While using better Caps and an ESS ES9023P for it's dac chip, while still using the AV100 DSP chip.

No idea which hp amp chip it using, but most likely it might be the same one that was used on the DG/X. Won't know til some one get hold of the card and review it.