Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

CHALLENGE! No one can figure out this stupid soundcard!
Old
  (#1)
IhatebeingAcop
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 SC w/4gb GDDR5
Processor: I5 4690k
Mainboard: /Asus Z97 AR MOBO
Memory: 16 gb Gskill 2400mhz
Soundcard: SoundblasterZXR DT990 600
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default CHALLENGE! No one can figure out this stupid soundcard! - 07-11-2017, 18:06 | posts: 240 | Location: Chicago,IL-I want Google wire

Sounblaster ZXR. I've had problems up the ass for a few years now. Randomly, the card will stop working and I have to plug in to a different audio jack. Things I've tried.

Uninstalled all other soundcards. Asus High Def audio device and that other crap real tek one.

I've also disabled them as well.
I've uninstalled ALL audio drivers and reinstalled the ZXR driver. It worked for about five mins, then it stopped working. No idea why.

I've pulled the sound card and stuck it back in.

I have restarted my pc. Made changes and restarted.

Blew on it like I am fuc*NG using a old Nintendo game.

My next step is to either 1) try to eat my sound card. I am seriously that frustrated or 2) take a big steaming crap on top of it.

Adam

Old
  (#2)
IhatebeingAcop
Master Guru

Default 07-11-2017, 18:30 | posts: 240 | Location: Chicago,IL-I want Google wire

I FIGURED IT OUT! I have no clue what I did. I uninstalled everything. Moved my soundcard from one pci slot back to the dedicated soundcard spot. Now it works. Halleluah. Now, let's see if it works for a total of ten minutes and then goes out again.

Old
  (#3)
IhatebeingAcop
Master Guru

Default 07-11-2017, 18:33 | posts: 240 | Location: Chicago,IL-I want Google wire

I plugged the amp in, now it's not working. WTH

Old
  (#4)
IhatebeingAcop
Master Guru

Default 07-11-2017, 18:37 | posts: 240 | Location: Chicago,IL-I want Google wire

Okay. Apparently I can't use the amplifier, err, that smaller looking card that came with the ZXR. I've disconnected it for now. I've had enough.

Old
  (#5)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ZOTAC GX980Ti Amp!Extreme
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe 2103
Memory: Gskill TridX 16GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD @Bose A5
PSU: Nitro88+ 650W 52A
Default 07-12-2017, 00:31 | posts: 13,829 | Location: Proxima \/82

I've read few times about this glitch, if it happens again; go to device manager and by SB zxr driver select "uninstall device" and press ok, leave that small mark unchecked. Don't reboot yet.
*Now in main device manager press F5 refresh and wait until it installs those devices, reboot the system. After that it should be at "optimal" condition again if there was a glitch somewhere..

By my xfi hd there was occasional mute glitch, or audio mode not working and always resetting after reboot. This approach above always fixed it, and extra DanielK registry magic.
*mute happened few times in w10 and win8.x, that audiomode in win8.1 and early win10 TH1

EDIT
: it could also be UEFI fast boot issue.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/o...#post_23737193

Quote:
By now I have my 2nd Soundblaster ZxR, before on Windows 7, now on Windows 8. On Windows 7 i had the issue that quite often, the Soundblaster would just out of a sudden not available anymore in the System. Even without a restart or something, was just sometimes gone. It sometimes helped when I took out the card from my PC and put it back in.

I returned it after 6 months, assuming it was maybe a faulty product. Now on Windows 8 it works most of the times, but it still sometimes happens. I read on Google that someone said there are issues with this card on Boards / Windows Setup with UEFI and that the Bios is just too fast sometimes to actually recognize the card before it boots up Windows.

1st try that device manager thing, then disable uefi fast device boot if enabled.

Last edited by -Tj-; 07-12-2017 at 00:34.