Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
looking for advice on speakers , digital or no?
Old
  (#1)
brothergc
Newbie
 
Videocard: 1060 6gb
Processor: 7650k
Mainboard: Asus Z-170E
Memory: 2x8 gb G skill ddr4
Soundcard: HT omega eclario
PSU: seasonic 550
Default looking for advice on speakers , digital or no? - 07-11-2017, 00:44 | posts: 34

I had to get some new speakers as my 10 yr old promedia 2.1s finally gave up the ghost . I got some edifer r1280Ts but just not the same . Seeing my sound card has a toslink conector I thought well maybe its time to make use of it . I saw these
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01&ignorebbr=1
But I never used this type of setup so looking for feedback , thoughts .
1) it is worth the extra price ?
2) what if any difference in sound would I notice ?

Or would you just go with the non digital version of these speakers ?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16836121048
I do a lot of games and music and really enjoy a good sound experience
Thanks in advance
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
DW75
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Zotac GTX1080 AMP EXTREME
Processor: R7 1700X
Mainboard: MSI X370Gaming Pro Carbon
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3466
Soundcard: SB ZXR/SR6007/HE400i
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2
Default 07-11-2017, 05:45 | posts: 334 | Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
I had to get some new speakers as my 10 yr old promedia 2.1s finally gave up the ghost . I got some edifer r1280Ts but just not the same . Seeing my sound card has a toslink conector I thought well maybe its time to make use of it . I saw these
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01&ignorebbr=1
But I never used this type of setup so looking for feedback , thoughts .
1) it is worth the extra price ?
2) what if any difference in sound would I notice ?

Or would you just go with the non digital version of these speakers ?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16836121048
I do a lot of games and music and really enjoy a good sound experience
Thanks in advance
I would suggest spending more money, and picking up the Edifier R2000DB pair instead. The sound quality is much better than what the R1280T offers. You can get them in cherry or black.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5421-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5379-_-Product
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
brothergc
Newbie
 
Videocard: 1060 6gb
Processor: 7650k
Mainboard: Asus Z-170E
Memory: 2x8 gb G skill ddr4
Soundcard: HT omega eclario
PSU: seasonic 550
Default 07-11-2017, 09:45 | posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW75 View Post
I would suggest spending more money, and picking up the Edifier R2000DB pair instead. The sound quality is much better than what the R1280T offers. You can get them in cherry or black.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5421-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5379-_-Product
thanks , but WAY too big , I already have the smaller version and I just do not like where the on off switch is . If I get any bigger I have to get another desk just to have a place to put them !
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Sabbath
Maha Guru
 
Sabbath's Avatar
 
Videocard: Gigabyte WF3 GTX670 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K/H80i
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 3
Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB
Soundcard: Xonar STX /Corsair SP2500
PSU: Cooler Master 850W~66A
Lightbulb 07-11-2017, 13:28 | posts: 908 | Location: Ontario, CAN

Hi brothergc,

You have a nice sound card there, so how about these. They sound really good too. And digital or no: a big fat no to digital http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/gaming-...speaker-system http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html

Last edited by Sabbath; 07-11-2017 at 13:35.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
brothergc
Newbie
 
Videocard: 1060 6gb
Processor: 7650k
Mainboard: Asus Z-170E
Memory: 2x8 gb G skill ddr4
Soundcard: HT omega eclario
PSU: seasonic 550
Default 07-12-2017, 23:55 | posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbath View Post
Hi brothergc,

You have a nice sound card there, so how about these. They sound really good too. And digital or no: a big fat no to digital http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/gaming-...speaker-system http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
those do look VERY nice but I searched google and no where I can find in the USA are selling these
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 2017, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.