Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#51)
drmeem

Videocard: idk
Processor: idk
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: idk
Wink 12-30-2015, 13:18 | posts: 17

Is this just adding e3 graphics and improvements? I don't know which one to use now, this or the Worse?
Also what's the headbob thing, I tried with and without and I don't see a difference...

Last edited by drmeem; 01-25-2016 at 11:28.

Old
  (#52)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 12-30-2015, 15:22 | posts: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmeem View Post
Is this just adding e3 graphics and improvements? I don't know which one to use now, this or the Worst?
Also what's the headbob thing, I tried with and without and I don't see a difference...
IMHO this is the best WD mod, by far. No annoying overdone effects, performance friendly without unjustified fps drops, a truckload of improvements that surpasses the ones of every other mod, and it even comes with user friendly customization packs if you don't like something.
Try it and you'll never go back to the vanilla game, especially because this mod is so well balanced and "subtle" in some ways that it just looks like Ubisoft released a better version of the original game.

It's not exactly the usual "headbob" definition, this feature refers to the movement and "aiming" of Aiden's head while walking, unlike the E3 builds of WD in the release version Aiden's head angle is controlled by your vertical view angle and the head itself doesn't "bob" accordingly to the body movement anymore, while in this mod its behaviour has been restored and you will just see the expected smooth and believable walking animation.

Old
  (#53)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-30-2015, 20:55 | posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver View Post
IMHO this is the best WD mod, by far. No annoying overdone effects, performance friendly without unjustified fps drops, a truckload of improvements that surpasses the ones of every other mod, and it even comes with user friendly customization packs if you don't like something.
Try it and you'll never go back to the vanilla game, especially because this mod is so well balanced and "subtle" in some ways that it just looks like Ubisoft released a better version of the original game.

It's not exactly the usual "headbob" definition, this feature refers to the movement and "aiming" of Aiden's head while walking, unlike the E3 builds of WD in the release version Aiden's head angle is controlled by your vertical view angle and the head itself doesn't "bob" accordingly to the body movement anymore, while in this mod its behaviour has been restored and you will just see the expected smooth and believable walking animation.
Ah ok, I try using that headbob mod now, thanks.
Also ya I have tried many mods and I found this and this seem perfect so far except for that interior problem. So I use this in good use now.

Oh, I used your weapon unlock mod and edit it to unlock the mp-412 console exclusive weapon and that it, could they be a chance for that to appear in the next version? Ok time to have fun now.

Last edited by drmeem; 12-31-2015 at 06:04.

Old
  (#54)
txgt
Maha Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: Team Xtreem 2600MHz 16GB
Soundcard: GTX 770 HDMI
PSU: Cooler Master SPG 1200W
Default 12-30-2015, 21:30 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
WOW! I'm speechless! Thanks man!

Old
  (#55)
neoglow

Videocard: EVGA GTX670 FTW SLI x2
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 3.30Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard Mobo
PSU: EVGA 850 G2
Default 12-30-2015, 22:14 | posts: 34 | Location: Hampshire, UK.

Excellent mod txgt. I have not played Watch Dogs in a while and came back to it very recently so I had stayed out the loop with the various mods. A while back there were so many mods floating about and unfortunately some friction between mod makers, I think there were so many people digging into the depths of WD's files discovering so many 'disabled' features and then making mods it seemed like some people were fighting for 'exclustivity' or being the first.

Upon returning I found your mod and Im so glad I did as its awesome. Watch Dogs modding can become a bit messy with all the various changes people make in an effort to recreate that famous E3 2012 look of the game.

You have made a mod that is very easy to install with very detailed instructions, I love the Variety pack you have made as it allows you to set options you want or dont want, eg the flashing hackable objects etc.

Do you have any plans for new features in your WD mod?

Great job, thanks for sharing your work

Old
  (#56)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 12-31-2015, 00:53 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoglow View Post
Do you have any plans for new features in your WD mod?
I wanna try to make more intensive road & sidewalk reflections, like in E3 2012 demo. Similar to Essenthy's reflections from the Variety Pack but only with better visual quality and less memory usage thanks to Silver's tips.

Also I will release Very Frequent Rain Patch.

That's all for now.

Last edited by txgt; 12-31-2015 at 01:00.

Old
  (#57)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 02:34 | posts: 17

Oh this may sound silly but the increased density, is that like the max density it can reached, or just increased enough?

Old
  (#58)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 12-31-2015, 02:54 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Oh this may sound silly but the increased density, is that like the max density it can reached, or just increased enough?
More like increased enough I'd say. I did test the crazy maxed out values but the result was not that impressive as I hoped. It looks like the game engine has it's own limits. In comparison to my current density in E3 Lite v2 and Variety Pack the difference was barely noticeable. I just stopped at reasonable values to avoid glitches/bugs/crushes.

Old
  (#59)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 03:10 | posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgt View Post
More like increased enough I'd say. I did test the crazy maxed out values but the result was not that impressive as I hoped. It looks like the game engine has it's own limits. In comparison to my current density in E3 Lite v2 and Variety Pack the difference was barely noticeable. I just stopped at reasonable values to avoid glitches/bugs/crushes.
Ah ok. Thanks.

Old
  (#60)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 04:44 | posts: 17

Ok i'm sorry, one last thing. I'm just so interested in this mod. Is there a way to make the weather duration fit with the default time duration since the longer weather duration fits with the longer time duration?

Last edited by drmeem; 12-31-2015 at 10:03.

Old
  (#61)
The Silver
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 770 2GB
Processor: i5-3450 3,1GHz
Mainboard: AsRock H77
Memory: Corsair 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX Pro 550W Core
Default 12-31-2015, 11:20 | posts: 582

Quote:
Ah ok, I try using that headbob mod now, thanks.
Also ya I have tried many mods and I found this and this seem perfect so far except for that interior problem. So I use this in good use now.

Oh, I used your weapon unlock mod and edit it to unlock the mp-412 console exclusive weapon and that it, could they be a chance for that to appear in the next version? Ok time to have fun now.
As TXGT said and proved the interior problem is from vanilla game, it's there thanks to Ubisoft and has nothing to do with txgt's mod, and probably it's unfixable, but I know for sure that a solution is still being researched, so there's still hope that modders could fix one more fault of the devs.

About the MP-412, do you mean that you would like it to be unlocked by default in the next version of txgt's mod without the need of my mod? If that's the case I can only say that the decision to merge this feature is up to him, on my side I would be happy of that.

Old
  (#62)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 12:49 | posts: 17

Quote:
As TXGT said and proved the interior problem is from vanilla game, it's there thanks to Ubisoft and has nothing to do with txgt's mod, and probably it's unfixable, but I know for sure that a solution is still being researched, so there's still hope that modders could fix one more fault of the devs.

About the MP-412, do you mean that you would like it to be unlocked by default in the next version of txgt's mod without the need of my mod? If that's the case I can only say that the decision to merge this feature is up to him, on my side I would be happy of that.
Yea, just wanted to add this weapon since no other mod has this. Also speaking of hidden weapons, I found out there was a playstation exclusive weapon called R-133b which is the burst version of this gun but has 27 rounds. I tried enabling it to be in stores but it didn't work. I did the FF thing and no use. I'm guessing I got edit it somehow.
EDIT: I forgot something and I got it. Very good

Last edited by drmeem; 01-01-2016 at 02:45.

Old
  (#63)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 12-31-2015, 15:57 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Ok i'm sorry, one last thing. I'm just so interested in this mod. Is there a way to make the weather duration fit with the default time duration since the longer weather duration fits with the longer time duration?
In all versions/editions of E3 Lite v2 I use default day duration like in Retail game (vanilla), it's 36 times shorter than real time (24 hours of in-game time equals about 40 minutes in real life). The weather duration depends on day duration, not the other way around. But in Watch Dogs there are several weather conditions (weather presets) which have their own duration and it's quite difficult to change that.
So the answer to your question: the weather duration is already fits with default day duration.

Last edited by txgt; 12-31-2015 at 16:05.

Old
  (#64)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 12-31-2015, 16:02 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Yea, just wanted to add this weapon since no other mod has this. Also speaking of hidden weapons, I found out there was a playstation exclusive weapon called R-133b which is the burst version of this gun but has 27 rounds. I tried enabling it to be in stores but it didn't work. I did the FF thing and no use. I'm guessing I got edit it somehow.
Sorry but I will not release my mod with integrated weapon mods.

Old
  (#65)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 16:16 | posts: 17

Quote:
In all versions/editions of E3 Lite v2 I use default day duration like in Retail game (vanilla), it's 36 times shorter than real time (24 hours of in-game time equals about 40 minutes in real life). The weather duration depends on day duration, not the other way around. But in Watch Dogs there are several weather conditions (weather presets) which have their own duration and it's quite difficult to change that.
So the answer to your question: the weather duration is already fits with default day duration.
Ah ok. I think I got all my questions about this amazing mod answered, thanks.
Hope I didn't bother any of your work btw...

Last edited by drmeem; 12-31-2015 at 16:20.

Old
  (#66)
drmeem

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-31-2015, 16:18 | posts: 17

Quote:
Sorry but I will not release my mod with integrated weapon mods.
Aw

Last edited by drmeem; 01-01-2016 at 02:44.

Old
  (#67)
TheCrasher
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX970 Gaming 4g SLI
Processor: i7 4790k
Mainboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: HyperX Fury 1600MHz 32GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2
Default 01-02-2016, 22:51 | posts: 453 | Location: Manitoba, Canada

Using the extra E3 bundle, and man it's looking great!

Also using extra things like bloom, sharpening, smaa, etc. to give it that extra 'umph'.

I think I'll be using this for a while...

Click to show spoiler

Last edited by TheCrasher; 01-02-2016 at 22:54.

Old
  (#68)
Whieheit

Videocard: Asus GTX TITAN X
Processor: Intel Core i7 5960X
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: DDR4 32GB, Bus 3000
Soundcard: ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel
PSU: Corsair AX 1500i 80 Plus
Default 01-02-2016, 23:22 | posts: 15

Hello, mister txgt

I need your help.

I need your help to edit cameracontext.lib. In Standard Edition Lite v2

I want normal camera and not unlocked a camera inside the car

Can you help me?

please.

I really want.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Whieheit; 01-03-2016 at 01:29.

Old
  (#69)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 01-03-2016, 03:04 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whieheit View Post
Hello, mister txgt

I need your help.

I need your help to edit cameracontext.lib. In Standard Edition Lite v2

I want normal camera and not unlocked a camera inside the car

Can you help me?

please.

I really want.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Download my Variety Pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-...ew?usp=sharing (click on the "Download" icon above)

Read the instructions in "Variety Pack.txt" file inside the archive.

Add the mod from "Mods\Visuals\Depth of Field\restore Retail DOF and Cameras" folder.

Last edited by txgt; 01-03-2016 at 03:06.

Old
  (#70)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 01-03-2016, 03:09 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrasher View Post
Using the extra E3 bundle, and man it's looking great!

Also using extra things like bloom, sharpening, smaa, etc. to give it that extra 'umph'.

I think I'll be using this for a while...

Click to show spoiler
Thanks!

Old
  (#71)
Whieheit

Default 01-03-2016, 09:37 | posts: 15

Quote:
Download my Variety Pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-...ew?usp=sharing (click on the "Download" icon above)

Read the instructions in "Variety Pack.txt" file inside the archive.

Add the mod from "Mods\Visuals\Depth of Field\restore Retail DOF and Cameras" folder.
Thanks mister txgt for advice, But within the folder Mods \ Visuals \ Depth of Field, it can not find the files I need. I just want your depth of field but the normal camera and not unlocked a camera inside the car.

You will be able to help me ? , please.

Last edited by Whieheit; 01-03-2016 at 10:16.

Old
  (#72)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 4100mhz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skill F3-2400C10 16gb
Soundcard: Onkyo TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4)
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 01-03-2016, 10:44 | posts: 488 | Location: France

To me the best WD enhancer pack. Everything needed to get mostly the "real" game as showed in E3 2012, nothing more, nothing less.

Light and effective. And we have choices to customize it.

Old
  (#73)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 01-03-2016, 13:44 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whieheit View Post
Thanks mister txgt for advice, But within the folder Mods \ Visuals \ Depth of Field, it can not find the files I need. I just want your depth of field but the normal camera and not unlocked a camera inside the car.

You will be able to help me ? , please.
Try this: http://www.4shared.com/zip/edktlmEPc...f_defcams.html

Old
  (#74)
Whieheit

Default 01-03-2016, 13:57 | posts: 15

Quote:
thank you for helping me.

This is what I want. so thank mister txgt.

Last edited by Whieheit; 01-03-2016 at 22:29.

Old
  (#75)
txgt
Maha Guru

Default 01-03-2016, 14:05 | posts: 808 | Location: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroTenshi View Post
To me the best WD enhancer pack. Everything needed to get mostly the "real" game as showed in E3 2012, nothing more, nothing less.

Light and effective. And we have choices to customize it.
Means a lot coming from you man!