Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Old
  (#26)
Mr.Bigtime
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ASUS 1080TI
Processor: Intel I7 6770K
Mainboard: ASUS STRIX
Memory: 16GB DD4 2133 MHz
Soundcard: EDIFIER LUNA ECLIPSE Red
PSU: 1000
Default 11-08-2014, 23:18 | posts: 20,717 | Location: Turkey

i accidently pressed and installed Audio v2. how to uninstall?

Old
  (#27)
SoftHard

Videocard: GTX780GHz
Processor: Intel Core i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 11-09-2014, 08:55 | posts: 8

you should normally see it in "uninstall manager", right?
I installed Dolby Home Theater v4 and I can see it there

Old
  (#28)
SoftHard

Videocard: GTX780GHz
Processor: Intel Core i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 850
Default 11-09-2014, 08:56 | posts: 8

Seems there is no possibility to chose sorround configuration (4.1;5.1;7.1)?

Old
  (#29)
Zweialca

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB
Processor: AMD athlon 2
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: generic
Default 11-25-2014, 07:45 | posts: 3

When I tried to install the "PCEE" driver the system says "The Installation package is not supported by the processor type. Contact your product vendor." Does this mean its not compatible with my mobo? I have an MSI 760GM-P34 mobo with realtek HD audio.

Old
  (#30)
mbk1969
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GeForce GTX 970
Processor: I7-4930
Mainboard: Asus p9x79
Memory: G Skill RipjawZ, 16GB
Soundcard: Onboard + FiiO E17
PSU: 1000 W
Default 11-25-2014, 12:16 | posts: 3,535 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweialca View Post
When I tried to install the "PCEE" driver the system says "The Installation package is not supported by the processor type. Contact your product vendor." Does this mean its not compatible with my mobo? I have an MSI 760GM-P34 mobo with realtek HD audio.
Which OS - x86 or x64? Message can mean that you are trying to install x64 package on x86 OS.

Old
  (#31)
Zweialca

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 11-26-2014, 01:29 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk1969 View Post
Which OS - x86 or x64? Message can mean that you are trying to install x64 package on x86 OS.
Hmm might be.. I have a x86 Win7 service pack 1 OS. Just as i double clicked the PCEE installer the notice just pops up.

Old
  (#32)
hishamerrish
Member Guru

Videocard: GTX 980 TI
Processor: i7 3770k
Mainboard: G1-SNIPER 3
Memory: CORSE AIR 1800HZ 8GB
Soundcard: X-FI + BR HOME THEATER
PSU: GIGABYTE 750
Default 11-26-2014, 03:04 | posts: 113 | Location: LIBYA

thank you nicely done
could you tell me how can i increse the boss in rhis tool... thank you again

Old
  (#33)
fr33jack
Maha Guru

Videocard: Palit 1050Ti @1.86|9.0GHz
Processor: Pentium G4600
Mainboard: ASRock B250M
Memory: 8Gb 2.4Ghz CL12
Soundcard: Creative SB
PSU: CM Thunder-M 520
Default 11-26-2014, 20:02 | posts: 1,149 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftHard View Post
Seems there is no possibility to chose sorround configuration (4.1;5.1;7.1)?
Can't tell. I have 2.1 speakers and pair of headsets. Works w/o issues with those.

Old
  (#34)
epguy19

Videocard: ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
Processor: Intel PentiumD 945 3.4Ghz
Mainboard: Intel D101GGC
Memory: 2Gb DDR SDRAM PC3200
Soundcard: Realtek ALC861 audio
PSU: Antec BP500U
Default 11-27-2014, 02:13 | posts: 20

Quote:
Hmm might be.. I have a x86 Win7 service pack 1 OS. Just as i double clicked the PCEE installer the notice just pops up.
Hi Zweialca. I also encountered the problem on a 32bit Win7 SP1 home premium edition on my mom's Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop where the PCEE drivers installation package won't install.

The Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi file that fr33jack mentioned in his first post only works with 64bit editions of Windows and not 32bit versions, as I've confirmed this myself. A different PCEE drivers MSI package that specifically works for x86 systems had to be obtained elsewhere [do some google searches and you may find it], which I got to work on the Dell E1405 laptop using Sigmatel/IDT HD Audio. Which means there should have been two separate versions of the Dolby PCEE Driver MSI package, one for 64bit Windows and the other for 32bit Windows.

{Edited 12/4/2014} Also those Dolby MSI packages (un-modified) only work with Windows 7 or higher and not under Windows Vista because the MSI packages require Windows Installer 5.0 and that version is included in at least Windows 7. I've also confirmed this behavior as the "unmodified" Dolby MSI packages do not work on Vista on one of my custom built PCs (forget what was said here before and see my latest post on how Vista users can install and run Dolby AA/HT!)

But installing the Dolby PCEE drivers (the 64bit kind) & Dolby Home Theater V4 on my brother's Sony Vaio VPCEB44FX laptop using Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 edition improve the audio bigtime. I had to turn down the volume below 50% afterwards so that the laptop speakers don't get messed up and the audio was very loud. Dolby HTv4 is way better than using Dolby Home Theater V3 that originally came with the Sony laptop.

Last edited by epguy19; 12-05-2014 at 05:22.

Old
  (#35)
Zweialca

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 11-28-2014, 05:53 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by epguy19 View Post
Hi Zweialca. I also encountered the problem on a 32bit Win7 SP1 home premium edition on my mom's Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop where the PCEE drivers installation package won't install.

The Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi file that fr33jack mentioned in his first post only works with 64bit editions of Windows and not 32bit versions, as I've confirmed this myself. A different PCEE drivers MSI package that specifically works for x86 systems had to be obtained elsewhere [do some google searches and you may find it], which I got to work on the Dell E1405 laptop using Sigmatel/IDT HD Audio. Which means there should have been two separate versions of the Dolby PCEE Driver MSI package, one for 64bit Windows and the other for 32bit Windows.

Also those Dolby MSI packages only work with Windows 7 or higher and not under Windows Vista because the MSI packages require Windows Installer 5.0 and that version is included in at least Windows 7. Vista doesn't have the required version of Windows Installer and there's no redist package that will update the Windows Installer files to v5.0 on Vista. I've also confirmed this behavior as the Dolby MSI packages do not work on Vista on one of my custom built PCs; I will upgrade that PC from Vista to Win7 to get the benefits of using Dolby AA or HT.

But installing the Dolby PCEE drivers (the 64bit kind) & Dolby Home Theater V4 on my brother's Sony Vaio VPCEB44FX laptop using Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 edition improve the audio bigtime. I had to turn down the volume below 50% afterwards so that the laptop speakers don't get messed up and the audio was very loud. Dolby HTv4 is way better than using Dolby Home Theater V3 that originally came with the Sony laptop.
Thanks for the detailed response bro. Ok that means i have to find a PCEE 86x bit. Does that mean i have to find a home theater V4 86x also? Ill try my luck googling these installers and ill post my response. Thanks again bro. Yep im also meticulous when it comes to HD sound. I had a component before from PIONEER and it has dolby systems like prologic and dolby surround. Its the best sound to have no wonder dolby technology is the best. XD

Old
  (#36)
Laminaat

Videocard: Asus Geforce GTX970 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 4460
Mainboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB
Soundcard: Realtek ALC898
PSU: Seasonic S12G 450W
Default 11-29-2014, 21:33 | posts: 2

I wanted to watch a movie with DTS sound and found out that my Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 motherboard with ALC898 did not support this, which with a simple Google search brought me here. I also have Nvidia audio drivers installed because of my Asus GTX970.

Unfortunately I experienced a problem with the files provided in the opening post when I tried installing the PCEE drivers. It runs the installer and gives a non descriptive error stating that it couldn't do it and then I can "finish" the installation without anything happening. I looked at the folder location and it didn't even create a location for the installation. As a test I tried all options, giving the same results. So now I've just installed the Realtek and Nvidia drivers again, for the moment hopefully.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I would like to ask someone to upload the installer somewhere else because I had some trouble downloading it from Mediafire so maybe there is a problem there?

This is the error:

"Dolby PCEE Drivers Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

Old
  (#37)
tjpapas

Videocard: pny gtx 680 4gb
Processor: i5-3570k
Mainboard: MSI z77a-gd65
Memory:
PSU: Corsair AX750
Default 11-30-2014, 00:17 | posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminaat View Post
I wanted to watch a movie with DTS sound and found out that my Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 motherboard with ALC898 did not support this, which with a simple Google search brought me here. I also have Nvidia audio drivers installed because of my Asus GTX970.

Unfortunately I experienced a problem with the files provided in the opening post when I tried installing the PCEE drivers. It runs the installer and gives a non descriptive error stating that it couldn't do it and then I can "finish" the installation without anything happening. I looked at the folder location and it didn't even create a location for the installation. As a test I tried all options, giving the same results. So now I've just installed the Realtek and Nvidia drivers again, for the moment hopefully.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I would like to ask someone to upload the installer somewhere else because I had some trouble downloading it from Mediafire so maybe there is a problem there?

This is the error:

"Dolby PCEE Drivers Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."
I had the same problem as you (same message/no folder)..I disabled driver signature then tried again, it installed without a problem. Make sure to create a restore point before trying.

Old
  (#38)
Laminaat

Videocard: Asus Geforce GTX970 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i5 4460
Mainboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB
PSU: Seasonic S12G 450W
Default 11-30-2014, 10:22 | posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpapas View Post
I had the same problem as you (same message/no folder)..I disabled driver signature then tried again, it installed without a problem. Make sure to create a restore point before trying.
That worked, thanks! Maybe it should be added to the tutorial?

I tried the movie with DTS again and it still didn't work however. Testing Dolby Digital and DTS in the Windows sound settings did work. After chaning my audio output from 'automatic' in VLC to 'Direct X' + spdif when possible it worked fine. The Demo that came with the Dolby Digital software still plays in stereo though

Old
  (#39)
epguy19

Videocard: ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
Processor: Intel PentiumD 945 3.4Ghz
Mainboard: Intel D101GGC
Memory: 2Gb DDR SDRAM PC3200
Soundcard: Realtek ALC861 audio
PSU: Antec BP500U
Default 12-05-2014, 05:18 | posts: 20

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed response bro. Ok that means i have to find a PCEE 86x bit. Does that mean i have to find a home theater V4 86x also? Ill try my luck googling these installers and ill post my response. Thanks again bro. Yep im also meticulous when it comes to HD sound. I had a component before from PIONEER and it has dolby systems like prologic and dolby surround. Its the best sound to have no wonder dolby technology is the best. XD
Hi all. Man the Dolby PCEE drivers, AA & HT packages were great thanksgiving presents for my computers.
I may never have to use those old IDT and Realtek audio drivers on some of my machines ever again!

The Dolby Home Theater v4 & Advanced Audio v2 MSI software packages can install on both x86 & x64 systems, Zweialca. It's just that the OP forgot to post an x86 PCEE driver. Back then I didn't have enough forum posts to mention URLs until recently.

Check out this thread from Notebook Review Forum on the Dolby HT for Lenovo laptops. Click on the "Dolby x86 (32 bit) Drivers Mirror" link there to obtain the 32bit PCEE drivers & Dolby AA/HT software for your x86 Windows system.

Apparently, the Dolby PCEE drivers, Home Theater v4 & Advanced Audio v2 softwares can be used on Windows Vista. It's just that Vista users must edit the MSI installer files in Microsoft Orca to allow installation on that OS. See this Youtube video of a user running Dolby Home Theater V4 on Vista.

Last edited by epguy19; 12-05-2014 at 05:26.

Old
  (#40)
fr33jack
Maha Guru

Default 12-23-2014, 10:52 | posts: 1,149 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by epguy19 View Post
Hi all. Man the Dolby PCEE drivers, AA & HT packages were great thanksgiving presents for my computers.
I may never have to use those old IDT and Realtek audio drivers on some of my machines ever again!

...It's just that the OP forgot to post an x86 PCEE driver.
Yeah, after I tried those dolby drivers...my thoughts exactly - never again. Dolby drivers and their sound enhancements and handy equaliser are just too awesome...

I didn't forgot...just never had x86 drivers. Plus, I did not even think that someone still uses "straight x86" windows nowadays

Old
  (#41)
CitroHead

Videocard: titan sli
Processor: i7 990x
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 1600w
Default 12-24-2014, 13:41 | posts: 3

fr33jack
Hello,
On my Realtek alc889 I have only one 3.5mm line out jack in which I can connect speakers or headphones. Windows detects it as "Speakers" regardless the connection. I want to use headphones, but windows thinks those are Speakers...
And so does DHT v4, so I get speaker surround in my headphones, and the headphones surround slider doesn't function. It is active, I can move the slider but obviously it doesn't work, since it reads Sound Device list where there is only "Speakers" and no "Headphones" out...
I think that headphone surround and speakers surround are different. Is there a way to force the headphone surround in this situation?
Thanks )))
Wish I could send PMs but I can't ...
And another question: what programming languages is it necessary to know to be able to make such changes into the drivers (I mean mod the sound drivers the like you do). Specify the chapters if you can, thanks. )))

Old
  (#42)
mbk1969
Ancient Guru

Default 12-24-2014, 13:45 | posts: 3,535 | Location: Moscow, Russia

CitroHead, ain`t that possible to select the type of audio device in properties (or in Configuration dialog) of playback device?

Old
  (#43)
CitroHead

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-24-2014, 14:13 | posts: 3

In configuration dialog I can only select different speaker setup - stereo, quadro, 5.1, 7.1... No headphone option.

Old
  (#44)
mbk1969
Ancient Guru

Default 12-24-2014, 15:06 | posts: 3,535 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitroHead View Post
In configuration dialog I can only select different speaker setup - stereo, quadro, 5.1, 7.1... No headphone option.
Check whether there is difference with headphones plugged and unplugged. Also check in Realtek sound control panel.

Old
  (#45)
CitroHead

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 12-24-2014, 15:43 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk1969 View Post
Check whether there is difference with headphones plugged and unplugged. Also check in Realtek sound control panel.
there is no realtek sound control panel with these drivers?
I tried them plugged and unplugged - no change in the audio device list, the selection of different speakers setup remains the same. no headphones option appears after connecting the phones into the jack. The headphones surround slider doesn't work either.

Now, with regular realtek drivers I do get an option and I can choose what exactly is connected into the line out jack and I can select headphones among others options. But for that the realtek control panel should be available.

Old
  (#46)
holystarlight
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus 1080 Strix SLI
Processor: Intel 6950x 4.5ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme 10
Memory: G.Skill 32gb 3200mhz
Soundcard: Chord Dave DAC / WA22
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
Default 01-08-2015, 18:28 | posts: 723 | Location: England

this works perfectly on the HDMI on my graphics cards. It totally transforms the audio over the standard NVidia hdmi drivers!

Old
  (#47)
GenClaymore
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080 FE @ 2ghz
Processor: I7 3930k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.4v
Mainboard: Asus X79 Sabertooth
Memory: G-skill 4x4GB @2133
Soundcard: AE-5>Jot> BAL>JBL305/R70x
PSU: Cosair RM850
Default 01-18-2015, 09:00 | posts: 5,919 | Location: Southfield,MI

I tried it with my VIA VT2021 on-board to see if it would work and it does.

Old
  (#48)
Tomatone
Member Guru

Videocard: PowerColor R9 270
Processor: i5-4690K@4.5GHz
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97-D3H
Memory: Kingston 4x4GB 1866MHz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: SS-500ET
Default 01-18-2015, 11:40 | posts: 80 | Location: Serbia

If your audio device have one of this hardware ID's this driver works for you
Quote:
[MfgModelSection.NTx86]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC ;; Realtek
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4 ;; Analog Devices
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_14F1% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1 ;; Conexant
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8384% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384 ;; SigmaTel/IDT
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8384% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D1 ;; IDT
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_1106% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106 ;; VIA

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10DE% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE ;; NVidia HDMI
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_1002% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002 ;; ATI HDMI
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8086% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086 ;; Intel HDMI

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC8930 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_10250145 ;; Acer Aspire 8930 Analog Codec Cfg1

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002 ;; Gigabyte GA-MA780G
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_103C2A40 ;; HP Touchsmart
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_104381F6 ;; Asustek M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard w/ ADI codec

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC7740 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0002, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0670&SUBSYS_10250347 ;; Acer 7740-5029 Realtek codec
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_80867740 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0002, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2804&SUBSYS_80860101 ;; Acer 7740-5029 Intel HDMI codec

[MfgModelSection.NTamd64]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC ;; Realtek
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4 ;; Analog Devices
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_14F1% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1 ;; Conexant
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8384% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384 ;; SigmaTel/IDT
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8384% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D1 ;; IDT
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_1106% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106 ;; VIA

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10DE% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE ;; NVidia HDMI
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_1002% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002 ;; ATI HDMI
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_8086% = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086 ;; Intel HDMI

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC8930 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_10250145 ;; Acer Aspire 8930 Analog Codec Cfg1

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002 ;; Gigabyte GA-MA780G
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_103C2A40 ;; HP Touchsmart
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_11D4% = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0001, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_104381F6 ;; Asustek M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard w/ ADI codec

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_10EC7740 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_DHT0002, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0670&SUBSYS_10250347 ;; Acer 7740-5029 Realtek codec
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.UAA.DeviceDesc_DHT_80867740 % = HDAudio.PCEE4_H0002, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2804&SUBSYS_80860101 ;; Acer 7740-5029 Intel HDMI codec

Warning
Old
  (#49)
trigram777

Videocard: GTX 760
Processor: Core i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 350w
Default Warning - 01-20-2015, 23:30 | posts: 2

This completely breaks your HDCP validation chain, so if you install this driver, you will no longer be able to playback Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, iTunes, etc. content. I imagine it also breaks PowerDVD playback of Blu-rays, but I didn't test that. For some reason this driver is seen as an 'audio repeater' by Windows, and this seems to disrupt HDCP registration (a sort of hardware DRM that's built into the HDMI specification and is required to playback most paid video content). I presume the fact that it's an unsigned driver is what is actually preventing it from qualifying as a protected HDCP signal chain. Worse, simply uninstalling this driver will not restore HDCP validation. You have to either rollback with a restore point or reinstall Windows.

Not complaining or anything, but this hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread, and figuring out this issue and then troubleshooting it was a bit of a nightmare for me. Also, this occurred both on my desktop HTPC with an nVidia GTX 760 and on my Surface Pro 2 with an Intel HD4600, so I'm 99% certain it's a problem inherent to the driver itself, not my particular hardware config.

Old
  (#50)
fr33jack
Maha Guru

Default 02-07-2015, 09:02 | posts: 1,149 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Confirmation anyone?