Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Tablets and Smart Phones
Tablets and Smart Phones Got that new HTC or Samsung Galaxy ? Discuss mobile devices, pads and tabs here.

x86 w10 on x64 EFI atom tablet
Old
  (#1)
EspHack
Maha Guru

Videocard: ATI/HD5770/1GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-980X
Mainboard: Intel DX58SO
Memory: DDR3/1600MHz/16GB/4 stick
Soundcard: ASUS XonarDX/Logitech G51
PSU: EPS Super Flower 750w
Default x86 w10 on x64 EFI atom tablet - 08-09-2017, 07:32 | posts: 2,329 | Location: Dominican Republic

hello gurus, I've been trying to install x86 w10 on this nuvision TM800W610L machine but so far seems impossible, apparently the UEFI spec dictates that firmware bit depth be matched with OS bit depth, hence win efi x86 will only boot on x86 efi firmware and vice versa for x64

now for some reason this OEM made this tablet with an x64 efi so it can only use x64, a non-upgradeable 2gb ram device with 32gb storage... let that sink in for a moment. I can't even begin to comprehend the reasoning behind this

but then I tried booting kali linux x86 and guess what, it worked, I checked the install media and it has both x64 x86 efi boot files, but the OS itself is x86, is there any way to do this on windows? I would really appreciate any ideas