Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

1080ti Hall-of-fame voltage control & 1.3 volts
Old
  (#1)
Bestofbritish96

Videocard: x3 XFX 7970
Processor: Intel 3960K
Mainboard: Rampage 4 Extreme
Memory: 64GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard:
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1500w
Default 1080ti Hall-of-fame voltage control & 1.3 volts - 07-30-2017, 18:05 | posts: 12 | Location: London

hi,

are there any configuration changes I can make to afterburner which will allow me to control the voltage on the 1080ti HOF and allow for a voltage curve which goes up to 1.3 volts ?

Old
  (#2)
cookieboyeli
Master Guru

Videocard: Amp Ex. 1080 Ti 2088/5720
Processor: 4790k @ 4.7GHz 1.38v load
Mainboard: Asus Z97 Maximus VII Gene
Memory: 2400MHz 4x4GB 10-12-12-31
Soundcard: Objective2+ODAC&VModaM100
PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS 750W
Default 07-31-2017, 23:41 | posts: 196 | Location: ZowieZA12 & Ducky Shine 5 RGB Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestofbritish96 View Post
hi,

are there any configuration changes I can make to afterburner which will allow me to control the voltage on the 1080ti HOF and allow for a voltage curve which goes up to 1.3 volts ?
Nope. The only way to get more voltage out of ANY pascal card is to mod it.

If you hit power limits aside from the usual 13Mhz downclocks I'd recommend doing the shunt mod. It's easy, just do some googling and you'll figure out what to do. Here's some info to get you started. This also includes info about voltage modding. https://xdevs.com/guide/pascal_oc/#step3

I'd recommend you change the stock thermal paste more than anything, it's always ass. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaught is what you want. (Arctic Silver is old and out performed).

Anyway, my 1070 G1 needed the shunt mod to prevent massive throttling, but my 1080 Ti Amp Extreme does not. It all depends on your bios. There is no modifying of bioses on on pascal either, nor does it look like there will be at any point.

Make sure you have the latest MSI AB to overclock your card with (4.4.0 B14 at time of writing, can be found in rtss beta thread). Click on the graph and hit CTRL+F to bring up the clock/voltage control for pascal cards. Good luck figuring out exactly how it works and how pascal throttles and downclocks under load, too tricky to explain. Good luck!

Old
  (#3)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 08-06-2017, 13:08 | posts: 13,125 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post
Nope. The only way to get more voltage out of ANY pascal card is to mod it.
Nope. It is entirely a question of lack of programmable VRM on reference design card. IR3595A used on 1080Ti Lightning allows bypassing the limit.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator