Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Operating Systems
Operating Systems Is Windows 8.1 giving you a hard time ? Wanna try out Windows 10 ?

Old
  (#526)
mbk1969
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GeForce GTX 970
Processor: I7-4930
Mainboard: Asus p9x79
Memory: G Skill RipjawZ, 16GB
Soundcard: Onboard + FiiO E17
PSU: 1000 W
Default 08-02-2017, 11:49 | posts: 3,535 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurSpyk!! View Post
Using an old x58 based (ASUS P6B Deluxe) motherboard, so the drivers are basically the default drivers that Windows 10 provides (using 15063.503). I am using the latest beta NVidia display drivers. I switched everything back to the default settings using system restore, and then only set my 2 graphics cards to use MSi mode. Computer seems to be responsive again, but when i modified the other PCI devices things got slow. I had to reinstall the Marvell drivers for some of the on-board connectors, but something was making usb devices slow to start. My Razer mouse would not start, had to unplug and refit for it to work on each reboot, my Microsoft Sidewinder keyboard would also not initially load, so I had to wait before I could log on.

I used the msi utility provided in this thread to make the changes.
Am I correct assuming that you can`t get rid of slowdown just switching devices back from MSI mode to legacy one?
Well, USB2 controllers do not utilize MSI mode, so you can skip them. If you have spare time and nerd/geek itching you can narrow the culprit device by switching devices into MSI mode one by one.

Old
  (#527)
PurSpyk!!
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX Titan X Sli,VN247H
Processor: Core i7 990x @ 4.52Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS P6T - Deluxe
Memory: 24GB Corsair XMS 1600
Soundcard: X-Fi connected to Digital
PSU: Corsair HX 850W
Default 08-02-2017, 14:50 | posts: 578 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa

The slow down seems to be gone switching back to legacy mode, being an engineer I like to fiddle, so I will probably do some more troubleshooting.

The pci sound blaster x-fi also seems to have issues with msi mode, the hardware is found I can test the hardware, but no sound is played. When I play, I see its connecting to my amp, but no sound, strange

Last edited by PurSpyk!!; 08-02-2017 at 14:55.

Tags
dpc, irq, latencies, windows