Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Operating Systems
Operating Systems Is Windows 8.1 giving you a hard time ? Wanna try out Windows 10 ?

Audio Device Keeps Enabling Itself
Old
  (#1)
wrathloki
Maha Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Gaming
Processor: Intel i7 6700K 4.3ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming7
Memory: 32GB Ripjaws V 2800mhz
Soundcard: HT Omega eClaro
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2
Default Audio Device Keeps Enabling Itself - 07-15-2017, 09:54 | posts: 1,282 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

So I have my Steelseries headset hub connected to my PC via USB so that it gets power that way and can broadcast on the mic via a clean digital source (since the analog out is noisy) but I get my sound to it via optical because USB only sends the hub a 2.1 signal to decode but the optical can decode the full 7.1 audio. As such, I have the audio device for the steelseries USB connection disabled in the control panel BUT the recording device enabled. Sometimes, for no reason I can tell, the audio device re-enables itself and then becomes the default. Is there a way to permanently disable an audio device so that this doesn't happen?

Old
  (#2)
mbk1969
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GeForce GTX 970
Processor: I7-4930
Mainboard: Asus p9x79
Memory: G Skill RipjawZ, 16GB
Soundcard: Onboard + FiiO E17
PSU: 1000 W
Default 07-15-2017, 10:29 | posts: 3,535 | Location: Moscow, Russia

Probably I could provide you the tool for monitoring and disabling but that would be workaround and not a solution.