ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hard-gear

hard-gear Member

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4850
    Thank you guys, Specially SUPERKAMES
    It's finally working

2. xr7kid

xr7kid New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4650HD
    If you could tell me how to get specviewperf to run under Windows 7 I will. I have got tests to run, but no results show up, and that's under 32bit, where as I have 64.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  3. Bazeman

Bazeman New Member

GPU:
    Ati mobility HD 4570
    Hi All,

I did some more testing and found (some) solutions.

As described on the website of solidworks, ONLY solidworks 2010 is supported under windows 7.... :biggun: I had 2006 and 2007 installed, but they gave really strange images and twitches in the images. It didn't matter much if I had the original or the modded driver installed. So if you are running windows 7 use only solidworks 2010.... Maybe 2009 works but I didn't test it.

Then another thing. I can't get the drivers signed....

Does someone can describe the exact steps to take AND in the correct order?? I have seen several orders in this thread allready but they are not working for me... :help:

What I did:
    - use the group policies http://www.killertechtips.com/2009/0...policy-editor/
    - patch driver and install it using "have disk method"
    - Run DSeo1.3B enabling test mode
    - restart windows using F8 during boot, choose unsigned driver loading
    - start dseo1.3b again, choose sign driver, select file atikmdag.sys
    - restart without pressing F8

This order does not work for me. Windows won't load the driver and uses the standard vga driver instead. Test mode watermark however shows up.

Any suggestions are welcome. :D

4. SreckoM

SreckoM New Member

Just to confirm:

My HD4830 is equal to FireGL V8700 or V8750? Is that same?

Tnx.

{EDIT} I manage to install it as V8700. Gr8. Only problem is that I can only use it by hitting F8 on startup. Can not enter TestMode at all with dseo13b, using Win7 64bit, UAC is turned of.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

5. SUPERKAMES

SUPERKAMES Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4850@V8700
    run dseo 1.3b and choose " sign a system file"
    file to patch c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmdag.sys

6. SreckoM

SreckoM New Member

Did that, even I wasn't in Test mode, but when boot without F8, drivers are not loaded.

7. xr7kid

xr7kid New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4650HD
    Ok, so I've done some testing with the Specapc Benchmark for SolidWorks 2007 since I can't get Specviewperf 10 to work. With my mobility 4650hd@Firepro v7750, the graphics score came back as 2.41. From looking online the v7750 is supposed to be looking at around 4.3 or so.

As a point of interest, I've seen where the v7750 is listed as having a 800Mhz core and 1000Mhz memory. My card, according to GPU-Z, is listed as 550Mhz Core and 667Mhz memory, so that could account for some of the performance loss. For perspective, my soft modded 7600GT desktop card came back with a Specapc score of 2.68. I'm not sure if my laptop's 4650 is supposed to out perform a desktop 7600GT though.

So as a conclusion, according to the one test I have been able to run, a soft modded Mobility 4650hd is no where the performance of a FirePro v7750. Using the information I have found online, the 4650 is 45-50% under clocked in comparison to a v7750, and this might back up the Specapc results that are about 50% lower.

If anyone could help me run Specviewperf 10 in Windows 7 64bit, I would be happy test with that.

8. SUPERKAMES

SUPERKAMES Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD4850@V8700
    -You must activate test mode , double click on riva tuner , he will ask you a massege like this
    [​IMG]

-click yes and restart , then run dseo to sign a system file .
    -copy my path :
    and paste into the blank , then click next (remember the letter "S" in my path).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  9. khogan112

khogan112 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia 9600M GT 512MB
    It works sometimes, sometimes not...

It happened to me a fes times with Quadro cards. I install it just it should be installed without problems, then sometimes it works without problems, sometimes it does not. SPECviewperf 11 is still not there... I have no idea why it works sometimes, and why it does not sometimes.

Maybe a new download from SPEC website will help.

10. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    Did you guys know that the catalyst 10.4a is accidentially unlocked in terms of professional/FireGL features? Try it- the FPS gains are enourmous in Cinebench. And those of you who try modding drivers- maybe you should check this driver and find out what's different ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010

11. xr7kid

xr7kid New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4650HD
    For those interested, you can run RealView in SolidWorks with a Catalyst driver. I modded the .inf files in the Catalyst driver and changed the name of my card to the equivalent FirePro. After that I installed the drivers like the guide says. It was about 15% less performance according the the Specapc SolidWorks 2007 test, but a lot less hassle than dealing with patchscripts. I stuck with my patched 8.72 drivers though, since 15% is still 15%

12. iorish2000

iorish2000 New Member

GPU:
    sapphire 4850 512M
    catalyst 10.4 can make the FPS gains enourmous in Cinebench because it can improve the support of CPU thread for OPENGL, In fact,there is no change in viewperf 10

13. Milchreis

Milchreis Member

Does this mean that the 10.4 equals the 10.4a version with "enabled pro features" ? I´m having a hard time to find the 10.4a drivers to check this out with some own benches.

14. jaymacca

jaymacca Member

GPU:
    Nvidea 9800 GX2
    looking forward to radeon 5870 to FirePro V8800 evergreen patch as soon as one of the masters has time to get it working. :3eyes:

Its not worth trying to patch yet just in case anyones researching!

15. Hijale

Hijale New Member

GPU:
    Paleolithic AGP Card
    I've been monitoring this thread, because as soon as possible, will softmod the 5770 of my brother. He uses it for professional video editing and playing wining eleven :p.

As for me, only have and old computer with an AGP card that i use for modeling, drawing and render (photoshop, rhino, 3dmax, illustrator, sketchup, autocad, etc) This card gives me problems with win7.
    I plan to buy a new card and would be very pleased if someone tells me if it is possible to softmod an AGP HD 4650 to a FirePro V5700. The drivers pack of this series are the same for agp & pcie cards, but don't know if the drivers work differently.

If it isn't softmodable would buy a cheaper card.
    Have not found any information regarding to agp radeon softmoding in the 4650 series.

16. menes_

menes_ New Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb
    ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod

Thanks Shoko for your detailed guide!
    I've been trough all the old threads but your was the best help.

Hoping the discussion still open ,I'm bringing my experience modding a 4870 to a Firepro 8700 with the driver version 8.723, cause the 8.634 was giving me visual artifacts on Sketchup use.
    Seems all ok since now patch is working fine, I'm only experiencing problems in rendering with Vray . The render is canceled every time automatically without apparently reasons.

I saw that people in this forum are principally users of Maya or 3d Studio etc... put if there are any ideas about that, would really help!
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  17. Rekka3000

Rekka3000 New Member

GPU:
    6970 / 4870x2
    Hello!

I searched the forum and have seen that softmodding a 4870x2 is possible. However some posts show they were having troubles initially, before I get started I want to know what the procedure is for this card? How I do i softmod it to the v8700?

That's something that searching doesnt explain. Is it a literal case of make 1 driver and use the have disk method on both gpus somehow? Will the gpu be seen as v8700x2? Is there a card that IS 2 v8700? Somebody mentioned a duo card.

18. kingkaran

kingkaran New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek hd 4870 512 mb
    3dsmax04 - 19.83 (before softmod)
    3dsmax04 - 31.72 (after softmod)

but i still think its not much like others r getting ??? can someone upload there modded drivers for 4870 to 8700 ?

Do ram and processors affects on specviewperf bench results ?

mine config is amd phenom II 550@ x4 & 3.2ghz :) , 2gb ddr3 1333mhz , visiontek 4870 512mb ....

19. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Yeah I think you have to install the driver via have disk method on both GPUs, then install CCC to enable Crossfire X mode.. Done..

Tried Crossfire X mode with 2 seperate cards (HD4870 + 4890), but I think X2 cards should behave the same.. But it is important to install CCC, else you can't activate Crossfire X!

20. Rekka3000

Rekka3000 New Member

GPU:
    6970 / 4870x2
    So I've installed the drivers, seem to be fine. But how do I enable crossfire X mode? I've got CCC installed (CCC mentions ive got 10.3 catalyst installed which is what i had before the driver update for the Firepro.)

Anyway, where is the option to enable crossfire x? I right clicked the app and ticked 'show crossfire x icon where applicable' but nothing happened and there's no crossfire tab.

Is there a special CCC for workstations? Im using the one installed with the 4870 drivers.