Truth about the G-sync Marketing Module (NVIDIA using VESA Adaptive Sync Technology)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by pbvider, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    "Basically, what NVIDIA is trying to force you to do is to buy their Module license while using VESA Adaptive-Sync Technology !.

Let’s be more clear. CUDA was made to force the developers to work on a NVIDIA GPU instead of an AMD GPU. The reason is that, if CUDA was capable to be used more widely, like DirectCompute or OpenCL, CUDA will certainly work better on AMD GPU. This is not good for NVIDIA, and the same goes for PhysX that could work on AMD GPU (actually working on CPU and NVIDIA GPU only).

NVIDIA wants to dominate the GPU segment and they are ready to close everything they made and this is not good at all. Always lying to their customers and to the developers.

The main problem here is that NVIDIA doesn’t like standard, so they always make licenses for each of their products and win a lot of Royalties.

Freesync on AMD = Adaptive-Sync like G-Sync"

"Why the modded drivers can make the G-sync work ? The answer is : Bypassing the G-sync Module requirement. Like I said G-sync is a Licensed Adaptive-Sync by NVIDIA. The G-sync Module was never needed but NVIDIA needs to sell a License to make more money."

Source

Edit: I really don`t know if this is truth and if the modded driver will work,but I bet a lot of ppl here will try it.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Huh? G-Sync was shown off two years ago, a year before Adaptive Sync was even announced by AMD or adopted by VESA.

4. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Ahhh,didn`t see it Hilbert,pls delete this thread!Thx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.