High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The Aune T1 is a stunning little bit of kit! I've now sold my old Xonar ST soundcard and just use the T1 instead.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It is indeed a nice piece of kit. And you get tube rolling, bonus. Still, I'd pair it with something better than the Hyper X. That being said, it's a solid base in case brunopita decides to upgrade his headphone later on.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Guys, if anyone sees anywhere I could buy a Schiit Valhalla 2 from, let me know, please. Or the Bottlehead Crack (already put together, no soldering skill whatsoever I'm afraid).

These are the 2 I settled on to go with my new HD650, if you have any other suggestions for a tube amp to go with the HD650, do tell.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    eclap schiit will ship you the amp as they do ship to other countries but i did recall seeing a seller for there stuff for the uk, here is their UK distributor http://www.electromod.co.uk/

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Cheers for that mate. But Valhalla 2 is not in stock on their site. Damn, it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

6. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    ~3000kbps, 24-bits, 96 kHz, flac Led Zeppelin I to IV is really impressive. Can only imagine what this sound with the best headphone money can buy, or a great MBL setup that costs more than a great house.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Anyone heard of SMSL? I'm looking to get the SMSL M8 DSD capable DAC to go with my Lyr. DSD playback capability is critical to me as I have about 1.4TB of DSD64 files/songs, I could get the iFi iDSD Nano but decided against it since I already have the iDSD Micro combo which I'll use on my other rig.

Another question, I can possibly land an AKG K702 65th Anni for between 215USD to 230USD, worth getting?

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Depends on the type of sound that you are looking for.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Really? Does the DAC influence the sound? I'd thought amps were more of a factor, other cans themselves of course. Anyway, I have decided on and have ordered the SMSL M8 which I should get end-of-month'ish. I'm also working on a deal to buy an AKG K812Pro (very 'iffy' though, since there are a few bidders) and also looking at a Sony MDR Z7.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Technically, a good DAC should be transparent BUT, in many cases, this is just not true. It seems most section will add a change in the sound and you have to factor in personal preference also.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Funny thing about me is, I have no real preference, I enjoy all sorts of sound signatures actually. My Fostex HPA4 is a little brighter than my Micro iDSD which tends to be warmer, more tube like sound. I did feel that the HPA4 + Lyr stack sounded somewhat warmer with better bass, but put it to my imagination.:eyebrows: I'm stoked, just found out I'd scored the AKG K812Pro, should be getting it in about a week to 10 days.:beer:

12. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yep....+1....totally agree Rob.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  14. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Your gonna have to take out a loan or sell some organs to be-able to afford it.

17. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    LOL It will be expensive. I don't need it, cos I already have enough phones for me, for quite a while... :)

regards
    ,RagDoll.

18. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    My Xonar DGX is really struggling with HD audio, a lot of BSODs when I simply try to change the volume in Winamp, or when I try to play them, or if I think about these flac on steroids. This is annoying, but the sound is so amazing.

19. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    I don't think that should be happening... Try reinstalling drivers or changing players. After XP, the audio decoding path should be mostly if not all software unless you are enabling specific hardware based effects.

20. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I already changed to the Uni Xonar, nothing. Sometimes it runs ok, sometimes BSODs. Maybe it's Winamp after all, I heard my first mp2 using it, I'll try another player later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.