AMD ATI Catalyst driver 8.7 XP/Vista download | discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by enessel, Jul 21, 2008.

1. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    [​IMG]ATI released their July 2008 update of the Catalyst driver suite for radeon graphics cards.
    Performance Improvements

The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™.
    • 3DMark Vantage: Performance increases of up to 20% is noticed in the Performance Preset on single card configured systems when using ATI Radeon™ HD 36xx or ATI Radeon™ HD 34xx products
    • Company of Heroes DX10: Performance increases of 3% to 12% is noticed in specific maps on single card configured systems when using either an ATI Radeon™ HD 48xx, ATI Radeon ™ HD 38xx, or an ATI Radeon™ HD 36xx product
    • Lost Planet DX10: Performance increases of 4% to 15% is noticed in specific maps on single card configured systems when using either an ATI Radeon™ HD 48xx, ATI Radeon™ HD 38xx, or an ATI Radeon™ HD 36xx product
    • Call Of Duty 4 DX9: Performance increases of up to 4% in specific maps is noticed on single card configured systems when using an ATI Radeon™ HD 48xx product
    • Lost Planet DX9: CrossFire™ scaling improves up to 1.7x and performance increases up to 80% across all Radeon™ products when AA and AF is enabled
    Download:
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.7 Windows XP 32-bit
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.7 Windows XP 64-bit
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.7 Windows Vista 64-bit
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.7 Windows Vista 32-bit

2. Mochen

Mochen Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX275 OCX
    cool, been waiting for these

3. wekktor

wekktor Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX470 SC @ 780/1620
    me too :D

4. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    thanks , downloading now will report later

5. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    *sigh* and still no support for the HD 3850 AGP, i mean seriously whats wrong with these people, wouldnt it take less time to actually bake in the support for the AGP cards in the official releases rather than posting up seperate AGP hotfixes?

6. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    one would think....

You would think.... its almost like the lil brother\sister you left behind on their big wheel.....get to where yer goin and then realize "oh $h!t! Wheres *insert name here-

Seems like an after thought...odd for a product thats not exactly obsolete yet.- Is there support for other AGPs in the driver set? if not my thought it that the ATi unified driver model is either not designed or not able to span AGP and PCI-X speeds\capabilities\requirements as NVidas do -although with debateable success...in that may lie the answer...stability-

7. floske

floske Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX 9700
    World of Warcraft free trial.. wtf ??

8. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    There sure is. However i did notice something peculiar with the listing of supported cards, there are several mentions of Sapphire Radeon HD 3xxx series cards, but no mention of an Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 anywhere, PCI-E or AGP. hmmmm

9. Tloram

Tloram New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 Xfire
    Is there a quide to properly uninstalling 8.7beta CCC on Vista64 and installing this new version? I can only find guides for XP and 2000 which aren't quite the same....

Just got a new PC with Xfire 4870s and pre-installed 8.7beta CCC and have no idea the best way to get the betas OFF and the new official ones on.

Please help.

10. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    just go to program and features in control panel and remove ati install manager

11. Monster_Marvin

Monster_Marvin Member

GPU:
    HD7970 @1.125Ghz
  12. Tloram

Tloram New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 Xfire
    When my PC arrived they had already overclocked my 4870s for me and done the manual fan speed hack to 50%. After uninstalling the 8.7 betas and sticking on the new officials will I have to do all this myself?

Cheers.

13. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    those drivers although dated 03/07 (beta was 25/06) they are older 8.512 (beta was 8.520), anyway i will try it on crysis dx10 (only game i had issues in )and some other games and will rebort later

14. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    after installing new drivers you will have to go to ccc and unlock the atioverdrive then activate the profile they done to you (it will not lost with uninstalltion of beta and installing new driver)

15. Tloram

Tloram New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 Xfire
    Thanks, how do I unlock the overdrive for my 4870s Xfire in Vista 64?

16. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Hmm, can't seem to download the drivers...

Edit: Talking about the once for vista x64.
    Edit2: Nvm, worked now.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  17. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Finally, anyone had the "Atikmdag stopped responding" issue resolved with these?? I wont install Vista on my second system until it is?? Maybe ill have to wait for a long time??? :)

18. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    if yer using the 8.7b from killerSneak you can re-run the bat find and have it sweep everythin out.... it does a good job and I think it nails the registry info etc that is usually left behind....

if its not the DnA driver then bokloz suggestion of rippin it out thru control panel is the way to do it... might wanna run G3Ds driver sweeper too... those were betas after all

Zyro

19. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    Atikmdag stopped responding and nvlddmkm stopped responding are mostly overclocking related.

20. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    I have noticed that as well. Its at the teeter point when I get that error. When the clocks are "low" enuf not to freeze the GPU or crash the comp entirely but high enuf to generate too many uncorrectable or bypassable errors for the driver\app\card to deal with. If you are OC'd I'd say wind her down 5-10 MHz or wind up that fan 10% or so

Zyro