questions about the geforce to quadro softmod

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by jhonyl, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jhonyl

jhonyl New Member

hi

I am trying to understand about the geforce to quadro softmod. As far as I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, the softmod works only up to geforce 6800, and there too only on some batches of the cards.

As the 6800 is the only option for a high performance softmoded quadro I would like to know how would it perform vs. a real current quadro, like the quadro FX 570. (In solidworks). From what I see the sw-01 bench for the 6800 looks about 15 to 30, and Nvida has stated the FX 570 sw-01 score at about 44. But that is with a very high end CPUs, and I don't know how much would the CPUs affect the test. What is your take on this?

An other question - are there not third party drivers (maybe omegadrivers?), that are designed to support the openGLs? Because from what I understand, after reading this site, is that quadro's and geforce's are really the same hardware, just with different driver software (... designed specifically in order to make companies who use CAD software to pay more for the same hardware)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  2. jhonyl

jhonyl New Member

no answers?

3. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    the softmodded Geforce 6800 GT and ultra won't enable realview, but it does things a lil faster in the viewport(as in rotating the model etc) than the FX570.

Softmodded ATI cards does very well in solid works.

4. koryo

koryo New Member

I have used a softmodded AGP Geforce 6800GT in SolidWorks for quite a long time now. I am here to tell you, Realview works just fine, even in 2008.

What I want to know, is how http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=539 has brought back softmodding to Nvidia cards?

[edit]
    never mind, false alarm. Same as it ever was.

Last edited: May 10, 2008