Best driver updater?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by MasterBash, Nov 19, 2014.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I always believed in manually updating my drivers to make a sure I have the most update to date drivers on my system. Some freeware stuff are not totally legit either.

However, unless I look at all my hardware stuff on different manufacturer websites everyday, it is hard at times to keep my drivers all up to date at all times. It also gets a bit annoying going to each manufacturer's website for nothing more than wasting time to look if there is a new update or not.

I usually notice new drivers because of sites like guru3d. However, I think a software that can detect my hardware and update the drivers would be much better in my case.

Anyone have any experience with those kind of software and if yes, which one would you recommend for quick updates and good reliability? I think a software that would simply link to the manufacturer's website rather than auto updating them would be best, as it would avoid any conflict with my system, just in case the software find the wrong "Drivers" for my hardware.

Malware free software only please.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    yes was looking for something my self any ideas anyone

3. WrecklessT

WrecklessT Guest

GPU:
    8800gts 512
    Long Winded But best Driver software Absolutely FREE

What an odd coincidence. I have been using a program for over two years now called DRPsu. I found it by chance back when I was so fed up with all the B.S. so called free driver update programs ,You know where you get a scan and it says you need 7 thousand updates and then smiles at you and says 'Just push the little button there , yeah that one that says FIX ALL PROBLEMS NOW!!" So like an idiot for the thirtyith time I push it only to find out now I need 49.95 to fix my computer that frankly shouldnt even be running because all the drivers are wrong and obsolete according to them.

Anyways DRP.su is the place to go I swear by them. The site is new for them and a beta but no longer do you need to download the whole program. just a quik 13 megs and it scans your computer and bingo you can one button download your drivers. I swear this is no spyware I do not work for them or even know them except they are russian but proffessional and have been actively tweaking and polishing their progam for years. YOu wont pay anything ..
    Personally I downloaded the whole 8 + gig program because I have multiple systems and am always fixing friends and families systems and to have every driver possible in an offline package for everything up to the most current windows 8 stuff and they post new packages monthly to keep it updated .
    Its crazy
    This is the url to their GITHUB setup

https://github.com/DriverPackSolution/DriverPack-Solution

but you want to go to their site at;

drp.su

and try it out its the future man...uggghh I almost made myself puke saying that...Peace out

P.S I purposely did not make the links clickable because I do not want anyone thinking I am getting an affiliate link or something. I do not work for or even know these guys personally its just good software thats going somewhere and they arent ripping people off

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT

5. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    thts for that @Watcher

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I get most of my drivers and firmware updates from Station Drivers. Been using their site for years, they always have the latest for pretty much any hardware you can find.

http://www.station-drivers.com/

Another good site is Win-Raid, run by Fernando, the guy who used to do the nForce remix packs if you can remember back that far.
    Also a great place to find BIOS and ROM updates for add on devices like RAID controllers.

www.win-raid.com

7. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Driver booster and the Driver Pack Solution (large download for offline updates). They do work well.