clock speeds

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by happymat27, Aug 7, 2004.

1. happymat27

happymat27 Guest

greetings good folks of guru!

just a quickie for you, does anyone know what the fastest/usable safe clock speed is for a 5200fx? (my card is a bfg 5200fx o/c 256mb if that is any help)

cheers to you all,
    Mat.

2. FreakyBeat

FreakyBeat Active Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800 @ 400/850
    I'm not sure exactly. The best way is to just test speeds in small increments. When the memory clock is high enough, Rivatuner won't let you increase it any more, and when you start to see artifacts, lower the core clock about 10 or so and you should be good. If you raise the timings in small increments (5 or 10), you won't damage your card.
    If it helps, I used to have a Geforce FX 5600 Ultra 256mb with stock speeds of 300/400, I believe. I could get the core safely up to about 355, and the memory up to about 442.
    What are the stock speeds of your card? That would help.

3. CyberdyneLV

CyberdyneLV Guest

5200? its 2004

Well the first thing you should do is toss that 5200 in the garbage and then think about upgrading your videocard. And go ahead and toss that cele in the trash also. no offence but the celeron is nothing but a gutted out pentium with way less instructions per second.Get an amd if possible they build risc based cpu's that own Intels current x86;) My p4 is a BBQ lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  4. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    BBQ :D :D :D :D Your P4 E is burning !!

BTW , FX 5200 is not so bad as you say .

5. CyberdyneLV

CyberdyneLV Guest

Burn baby burn

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  6. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    My 5200 was OCed at the Max allllll the time, I don't remember for the GPU but the Mem was at 350!? I can push to 375 but many artifact.

Really, all the clock speed were safe. For ME! I does'nt heat at all.

Try and Try to find the higher setting for your card whitout Artifect or hang.
    Mine is a Forsa 5200