WWE talk.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Anyone watch the WWE?
    Which do you prefer Smackdown or Raw?
    I personally love watching it myself.
    Who's your favorite wrestler? Past or present.
    I realize some will say it's fake. It probley is, but it's still a lot of fun. And boy do they get hurt doing it lol. I couldn't do it that's for sure. Even though I weigh 290lbs.
    Anyone watch Survivor series?

Please lets keep it civil.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its fake as hell. Real wrestling would probably be boring, so they need to spice things up. My mother used to love watching but I didnt have the heart to tell her it was fake since didnt want to spoil her enjoyment.

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    It's still very entertaining though.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Haven't really watched it myself but a few of my mates used to so I watched along sometimes.

I ruined the experience for one of them by telling him it's for show and not real :D

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Off course it's fake. But so is Hollywood movies. Still enjoyable, don't you think?

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's even labled as sports entertainment, so nobody should have illusions about it's being real or not. It was even mentioned before court that it was all set up, I think one of the McMahons even did give testimony to that.

But yeah it's entertaining, I watch an episode every now and then, but not so much lately. I just learned that they seem to really have split stuff between Raw and Smackdown, wasn't aware of that.

What's most interesting is, how they actually do all that stuff, contracts, training, you know, the machinery behind what little we actually see of it.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sure, I wasn't being critical about it, as entertainment it's as good as anything, just not my particular favourite :)

8. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Smackdown and Raw went their separate ways quite awile ago. And then they fought eachother the other night in Survivors Series.
    And omg the Brock Lensner and Goldberg fight LOL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZJ5VdFnNQ

Very good show.

I think next pay per view is TLC. (Tables, Ladders and Chairs.) And that's a Smackdown PPV.
    And a couple of weeks later is Raws ppv. Roadblock.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  9. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Yeah it's like Marmite. You either love it or hate it lol. :)

10. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop

11. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I watch it and find it very entertaining. The only "fake" part is that the outcomes of the matches are predetermined but it's fun to try to guess what they will do to advance or end a storyline or rivalry. The moves the performers do are real and potentially dangerous. More so today than ever before. They have to be highly trained and skilled to soften the impact while at the same time making it look like they are getting hammered. A famous wrestler once said that the best pro wrestler was someone who could wrestle a mop and make it look like the mop was kicking their butt. I miss the old WWF with the character wrestlers and the more involved storylines and backstage content. I watch for the entertainment and humor. The in ring stuff is of secondary importance to me and I actually think there is too much of it these days.

I did watch Survivor series and it was a good show except for the Lesnar-Goldberg match which I found highly disappointing. The entrances and introductions took longer than the match did, a lot longer. I thought it was terrible and ruined what had been a good show up to that point. I was anticipating a knockdown, dragout, total brawl and that was not what we got.

My favorites on the current rosters are Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, The New Day, the Wyatt Family, and my favorites of all time are The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Edge.

12. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Tuesdays Smackdown was very good and Dean Ambrose was on form lol. Good stuff.

13. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yeah his keeping showing up was classic,i still dont know what to make of the sinister chinster elllsworth lol,post on wrestlezone myself durin the shows but havin a group here to talk to works for me,fav alltime is the hitman bar none

14. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Back in the 90s I went to Birmingham to see the WCW. And fighting that night was Sting, Vader, Cactus Jack, British Bulldog among others. I forget who was fighting who, except for 1 match where Vader was beating up Cactus Jack.
    It was such an amazing night.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, Ambrose was great on Smackdown. You know who I really miss though? Santino Marella. he was so entertaining.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Sorry I completely disagree. Biggest waste of time ever.

Olympic wrestling is another thing altogether.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Yes Olympic wrestling is another thing. It's so boring that virtually nobody watches it or cares about it. If it was any good, it would have professional organizations and, it doesn't.

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I used to watch it a lot when I was a kid but it just got too ridiculous with all the drama they try to make between the wrestlers. Can't stand it now.

The Rody Piper / Macho Man era was the best. Think that was the WWF days though.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    wrestling is in my blood, it is a very strong passion of mine. I have been a fan ever since the good old WCW days of the early 90's.

This theme song still gives me goosebumps and takes me back to my childhood. I hadn't heard it for nearly 20 years and when I did tears filled my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSGzCLUf3lM

I loved WCW, and whilst I didnt hate WWF I felt as though their storylines and in ring talent was extremely sub par during the whole of the 90's up until 1999 where during the monday night wars they took over WCW both in storylines, talent, and entertainment. Whilst WCW fell apart thanks to piss poor management and the merger between time warner and AOL.

All time fav wrestler ever will have to be Sting, no one comes close to his charisma, no one comes close to his characters, he was excellent in the ring, on the mic, he had it all.

To me WWF only really had Shawn and Bret in terms of great athletic wrestlers. Stone Cold and The Rock were just all talk, their in ring talent was so bad all they did was use weapons and do the same five moves over and over again.

WCW was where the real talent was, they had Sting, DDP, Booker T, Ray Mysterio, Dean Melenko, Chris Benoit, Giant, The Stieners, Perry Saturn, Raven, Eddie Guerrero, La Parka, Pyhchosis, Juventude Guerrero...

not to mention...

Goldberg, Macho Man, Hogan, Hall, Nash, Piper.

WCW was truly the pinnacle of wrestling and it will probably never ever be topped.

NOTHING EVER WILL TOP THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amXpppTmCE

So epic!!!

EDIT:

Sting was the real Hogan!!! Hogan had ZERO in ring talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ga6d-jtEns

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016