MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 16, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15 is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:

• Added CPU temperature monitoring (Intel Core 2 and newer Intel CPUs only), CPU usage, RAM usage and pagefile usage graphs to hardware monitoring module
    • Added CPU info to “i” window
    • Now full list of currently active 3D processes is being displayed in On-Screen Display server info section in “i” window instead of one active 3D process before
    • Fixed GUI issue causing vertical slider to be rendered improperly in advanced application properties window under certain conditions
    • On-Screen Display text length limit has been extended from 256 bytes to 4 kilobytes
    • Framerate slider limit in “Videocapture” tab has been extended from 100 FPS to 120 FPS
    • Now flashing camera icon is being displayed in the top left corner of monitoring window when video is being captured
    • Improved DirectInput hotkey handler minimizes the risk of losing hotkey functionality until application restart under certain conditions
    • Added Turkish localization

RivaTuner Statistics Server 5.3.2:

• Improved encoding plugins architecture:
    o Now the plugins can be optionally loaded either in host 3D application address space or in dedicated encoder server application address space. Dedicated encoder server usage reduces the peak encoding performance a bit, however it may give you the following advantages in conjunction with Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin:
    - Minimization of different Direct3D synchronization/multithreading related issues. Host application 3D engine NVIDIA/AMD Direct3D device and encoder Intel Direct3D device are now isolated from each other and run in different address spaces and have much less chances to affect each other. Multithreaded optimizations no longer being forcibly disabled when capturing videos in Direct3D9 applications via Intel QuickSync H.264 plugin working in Direct3D9 mode with dedicated encoder server
    - Now it is possible to use hardware accelerated Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin to capture video from the games using modified Direct3D runtime libraries
    - Now it is possible to use software emulation mode for Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder without installing Intel Media SDK. Intel software emulation libraries are distributed with encoder server
    o Now the plugins can optionally provide extended error reporting info
    • Improved Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin:
    o Added dedicated encoder server support
    o Added extended error reporting support
    o Recompiled under Intel Media SDK 2013 R2
    • Fixed previously available compatibility mode with modified Direct3D runtime libraries broken due to introducing alternate experimental compatibility mode with modified Direct3D libraries in the previous version
    • Fixed incorrect compression ratio value displayed in OSD when capturing video in high resolutions (4 MB and higher framebuffer size)
    • Added high performance desktop video capture for Windows 8 and newer OS via DXGI 1.2 desktop duplication API
    • Audio track description is no longer being written to MKV file if audio track is empty, e.g. during silent desktop recording session
    • Various capture performance related tweaks:
    o Tuned queued screen capture implementation
    o Tuned pipeline flushing implementation
    o Tuned dynamic pipeline flushing control
    • Improved frames timestamping accuracy
    • On-Screen Display text length limit has been extended from 256 bytes to 4 kilobytes per application slot. Third party developers using RTSS OSD support in their applications should refer to updated sample code in SDK
    • Added On-Screen Display profile for Rayman Legends
    • Updated profiles list

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks dude! :thumbup:

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

A few notes on future development plans:

- As I mentioned before, video encoding plugins architecture and Intel QuickSync H.264 hardware accelerated plugin were introduced in AB to give some competition to NVIDIA ShadowPlay. I plan to add free alternative to NVIDIA's shadow mode as well and also provide pre-recording feature in AB.
    - Third party developer requested QuickSync plugin source code and plan to create hardware accelerated AMD VCE H.264 encoding plugin. In future versions I plan to make QuickSync plugin open source and provide it with SDK.

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Alex you have my deepest gratitude for your work. :thumbup:
    Slowly but surely it looks like Riva is reborn and improved with your latest Afterburner development.

6. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    second that! but would like to add riva is almost reborn. i personally still miss one single feature from riva - alex, you know.

anyway, i'm impressed what you are able to pack into ab!

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    nice!
    Is getting closer to r/t but i understand to leave a little off the table ;)

8. Franky

Franky Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950 3GB
    Thanks! Love being able to capture using QuickSync. I do have some issues with audio sync trying to edit the files afterwards though, any tips or suggestions there? My workflow is normally capture to AVI, make an AVS script, trim out what I don't need, reencode with MeGUI, upload. Now, since I have to capture to MKV to use QuickSync, this method doesn't keep the audio in sync any more.

My AVS script looks like this:
    LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")
    audio=FFAudioSource("capture.mkv")
    video=FFVideoSource("capture.mkv", threads=1)
    audiodub(video,audio)

I made two videos to illustrate my troubles:
    http://youtu.be/5tE2MHakcbg
    http://youtu.be/FHINsYAAYfI

9. kirry777

kirry777 Guest

GPU:
    HD7950/HD7770
    Thanks,I am looking forward to!!:banana:
    I have been using a combination with HWiNFO
    There is little demand
    CPU clock item
    RAM usage or can display only programs that hook?
    [​IMG]
    Items below it are displayed setting in HWiNFO than RAM

10. t0bber166

t0bber166 Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti / 11GB

Add this to your script:

AssumeFPS(30,1,true)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

11. Unwinder

burebista, fgw, cowie

Thanks, guys. Glad to see old good RT forum nicknames! ;)

12. Unwinder

You may try to use alternate tools for extracting tracks, e.g. mkvextract from mkvtoolnix pack.

13. Unwinder

Unlikely, sorry.

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    This version is beyond awesome. I´ll try to have some time in the next few weeks to give afterburner some portuguese love like i said in the past.

15. Unwinder

BTW, CPU temperature monitoring is declared for Intel Core 2 microarchitecture and newer Intel CPUs only, but I also added some code for thermal monitoring on AMD family 10h and newer AMD CPUs. But it has not been tested at all, there are no AMD CPUs either in my home or in office PCs, so it may work improperly or may not work at all. AMD codepath is currently locked in CFG, you may unlock it via MSIAfterburner.cfg by setting AMD field in [CPUHAL] section to 1. Unlock it at your own risk.

16. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Before i use fraps for recording gameplay, but the output were too big.
    Now I'm using msi ab with x264 codec :) much smaller output but good quality.

But i miss some feature..pause the record and recording further..will that be possible for the next build?

17. Franky

Franky Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950 3GB
    Thanks, tried it, but it didn't work. It did point me in the direction of a solution though! I guess it has something to do with how the MKV gets written, and how FMMS2 reads it, but I found that I could fix the issues by adding fpsnum=30 to the video load segment, and that cleared all sync issues up.

So for those who are interested, here's the complete script in working order:
    LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")
    audio=FFAudioSource("capture.mkv")
    video=FFVideoSource("capture.mkv", threads=1, fpsnum=30)
    audiodub(video,audio)

18. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    Additions to monitoring greatly appreciated.

Makes afterburner an even more outstanding tool.

Thanks.

19. Unwinder

Pause is definitively not planned, sorry. See zero advantages in it vs stopping/starting new recording.

20. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    With pause and resume u have only got 1 file, otherwise u got several files and need another programm to merge it together.

I want to use it for iracing where u have different camerapositions. Just pause it, switch to another camera view or driver and resume recording.. it would be a lot easier, but too bad it isn't planned.

Eyefinity video of iracing(using only 1 cameraview , spec on crashes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQ0_GjKCHM&feature=player_detailpage

U understand that it can be a lot more excitement/spectaculair with using pause ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013