Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
  2. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    A question, does DDU touch Legacy PhysX or does it leave that as is? I ask because drivers don't normally contain Legacy PhysX which is required for a few older applications and doesn't conflict with the newer PhysX system software.

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 14.1.0.0 Released
    03/19/2015 Changelog:

-Added command lines arguments (thanks for the suggestion and testing FunkyMike)
    (see readme.txt for the details)
    -nVidia addiditional CleanUP
    -Removed the bootmenu for win8+ (Users were confused by it)
    -Japanese and Serbian Language update. DH.Omega & CrazY_Milojko
    -Added a system tray icon for DDU

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

4. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks again, Wagnard! ;)

5. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Excellent work Wagnard.

Thanks for this great app, it's much appreciated.

6. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    I'm interested too.

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I'll check when I have time. I didn't specifically designed it for that version but if it install to the same location and use similar registry entry, it is possible DDU remove it.

8. matrix01

matrix01 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia galaxy
    Black Screen after Windows Splash appears

Fellow Forum Members,
    I was getting a Black Screen of Death (BSOD) problem after I installed new Nvidia driver for my new Galaxy GT630 card. So I used DDU to uninstall the drivers and no more BSOD. DDU fixed my black screen problem. However, I'm back to running a generic Windows driver.

For my second attempt, will installing my Nvidia driver in Safe Mode help prevent this BOSD problem from showing up again? What is the correct fix to make Windows 7 bootup correctly to the desktop without the black screen appearing and making it impossible to use my computer?

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    it depends of the reson of your bsods,
    Personally I'm lucky and it always work well in normal or safemode.
    You can try installing in safemode.
    If you want, I can take a look at your bsod dmp to see if there is something evident in it.

10. matrix01

matrix01 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia galaxy
    Wagnard Reply

Wagnard,
    Thanks for your post. My BSOD problem has now gotten so bad that I can't even get into my Windows desktop in SAFE mode. In short, this BSOD problem is now preventing me from login into SAFE mode and Regular Mode as well.

Thank God I have an image backup of my OS. However, the downside to my image backup has ATI Radeon drivers installed. So I used DDG to uninstall ATI drivers and my PC was booting up with no BSOD under generic Windows Video Driver. So then I took the next step which was to install my Nvidia driver for my new Galaxy GT220 Geforce card. This is when my Black screen problem starting appearing after login splash screen and now it's so bad that I can't even login under SAFE mode.

You mention BSOD dump. Where is this BSOD log file located so I can post it?

My plan now is to format my entire hard drive again and then reburn my image OS backup back to my boot drive for a second time. Once this is done I will use DDG to uninstall my old ATI Radeon drivers.

This will get my PC back to a problem free state with no BSOD problem because it will be using the Microsoft Generic Video driver. However, this time I would like to install the new Nvidia drivers in a different way to see if the BSOD error could be prevented.

I'm thinking of installing my new Nvidia Drivers under safe mode to see if this prevents the BSOD problem from appearing again for a second time.

You mention it depends what kind of BSOD error I have. What is the correct way to identify the type of BSOD error I have. My guess is whatever BSOD error I have it's the worst one possible because it's locking me out of SAFE mode bootup. It's like I see the "Welcome to Windows" message after login and then the screen goes to BLACK. However, my CPU remains on. So I have no option other than to do a force power off.

After doing a force power off at bootup I get options to start in SAFE mode, SAFE mode with networking, Repair Mode and various other modes. I have tried all of them and none have fixed my BSOD problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Analyzing a bsod required some special program from microsoft to install.
    Of course, some users could say there is "BlueScreenView" to check bsod but it is not as precise as the tools provided by microsoft.
    If you provide your dmp, there is chance it could reveal the real culprit or help us to point in the right direction.

I see that you mention that even safemode generate a bsod. This automatically mean that the nVidia driver is probably not the problem as it is not loaded in safemode and that there must be something else.

12. matrix01

matrix01 Guest

GPU:
    nvidia galaxy
    I don't get a blue screen that shows a Stop Error code. Instead I get a BLACK screen that appears like 20 seconds right after the "Welcome" message displays. I Googled for the Microsoft tool you mentioned and I didn't get any good results. Today I am going to format my hard drive and record to it my OS image backup. It requires I use DDG to remove the ATI Catalyst drivers and then I'm back to a working computer that boots up with no BSOD. It's only after I install the NVIDIA driver that my BSOD problem begins. Where are the BSOD dump files located? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    The .dmp are usually located in :
    c:\windows\minidump

it is also possible that a memory.dmp reside directly in c:\windows

Also check if you have some dmp under :

C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG

The tools I was talking from microsoft are part of the "Windows software development kit" also note, it is not super easy to configure it if you decide to adventure in this.

For your black screen , try another connection. (if you are using HDMI, try DVI or vice-versa)

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 14.2.0.0 Released
    03/30/2015

Changelog:

-NVIDIA SHIELD Wireless Controller Trackpad" Driver/files/service removal.
    -AMD cleanup update.
    -nVidia Cleanup Update.
    -Windows XP Cleanup update for both AMD / nVidia. (Thanks to CrazY_Milojko)
    -Translation update (Ukrainian). Thanks, Yurii Petrashko
    -Korean language update (Contributor: 4Li)
    -Changed the SVN link.
    -CleanUP fixes.

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 14.3.0.0 Released
    04/05/2015 Changelog:

-Driverstore/Pnplockdownfiles improvements.
    -Environment path cleanup enhancements
    -Intel will not be selected if an nVidia or AMD GPU is found
    -Check updates fixes.
    -Russian translation update (Danis Miryasov)

SHA1: 372CC6C9B86AFCFE051FE34EFCAF601E4E8D7D91

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 15.0.0.0 Released
    04/18/2015 Changelog:

-Fix a critical cleaning bug that could have prevented the AMD and nvidia Cleaning to be completely done
    -AMD Cleanup Improvements.
    -removal of the AMDKMPFD lowerfiler and service from the PCI Express ROOT Complex and ROOT PCI BUS.
    Korean language updates.

SHA1: BB882F0E0CB69D9E692C6095160EC2AF49E13B98

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 15.0.0.1 Released
    Changelog:

Added an extra check before removing the AMDKMPFD service.
    some work on the control/video section

SHA1: BDC22FFB49542C2634B7FA8328867B8321932CCF

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Version 15.1.0.0 Released
    Changelog:

-Fixed the AMDKMPFD lowerfilter removal for windows 10
    -DDU will not clean the system if there is a Needed reboot from Windows Updates
    -Reworked some variables. Changed how translation work. No more need to copy English stuff on the translated folders.
    -Small AMD CCC addition from info user "Vbs" gave me on guru3d forums.

19. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Hey Wagnard, I just wanted to stop in this thread and give you a huge thank you for your work on this tool. I use it almost daily in my freelance computer support work when changing GPUs out for clients.

Just wondered if you were soliciting donations, as your tool has helped me a lot.

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks, I'm glad that it is useful for you.

For the Donation, yes i'm always welcome to them of course :)
    You can simply use the link inside the application or directly from my website.