SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caesum

Caesum Guest

^ I know, but I actually like it that way. Makes it feel like a movie and gives a bit more fps.

2. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    So, im about to post that request again.
    Is it possible that by modifying an existing shader (Or ENB effect) to get a dirty-lens effect like in games that uses the Frostbite engine?

I really want to use it in other games, but all the ENBs that uses it are for specific-games, and not for the generic ones. And SweetFX doesnt have that kind of effect.

3. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I talked about this with CeeJay some time ago. It's definitely possible with eFX because you can load textures with that injector. But it's not a simple shader to make.
    There are also some problems. For instance, how do you tell the shader to work only behind the HUD?
    SweetFX/efX doesn't really use the depth buffer. It's possible with eFX to use it. But every game has a different depth buffer.

4. jelbo

jelbo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX670 DirectCUII
    This looks fantastic. Would love to try that test build :)

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    On the topic of forcing games to render at a different resolution. That's actually something I've been looking for, for a long time.

I have some odd exes which do not detect monitor resolutions and just seem to have preset ones based on monitor ratio. My monitor is 2560x1440 but I can't select any higher than 1920x1080.

Is there a program available that can force an exe to run at a different resolution?

6. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    If your monitor is capable of 2560x1440 resolution, you can try to create a custom resolution from your video driver's control panel. There is no need for a 3rd party application.

7. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Should he have troubles with the drivers control panel he could also use CRU

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    btw will there be a color option for Chromatic aberration or how will it be different vs this atm that's more yellowish? :)

9. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    No worries, it can draw over the HUD.
    I want it to make some cool screenshots in other games.

Its an shader that i think its a must-have, atleast for me, whose love doing car previews for trackmania and other games.

10. parametriq

parametriq Guest

GPU:
    8Gb of DDR2-1066
    Ahem...

Hi there, gentlemen! Coincidentally I've been researching a lot of "eye-candy science" on the internets lately, it all started from enhancing my 720p and 1080p video materials in all kinds of possible ways, then my focus switched to gaming... so, anyway, here I am :nerd:

And here is my 2 measly cents about CA
    As it turns out there are exactly these two types of chromatic aberration, one of them being longitudinal (affecting all parts of the image, probably the way Smarteck requested it), the other being lateral (looking more like what is simulated in Boulotaur's config).
    handprint.com/ASTRO/ae4.html#chromatic

From an artistic point of view chromatic aberration in UE4 (and all next-gen bandwagon) is mimicking this:
    i52.photobucket.com/albums/g7/datobin1/IMAG0035.jpg
    ...which is a DLP/LCD/CRT projector common trouble :bang:
    The above particular pic demonstrates chromatic aberration on an SMX projector screen. So I guess people who enjoy this effect would be better off buying an LCD projector of mediocre quality :) I personally like this effect only when it's applied to some sci-fi games and only when it's barely visible to the point where you almost perceive it subconciously, LOL. Otherwise everything turns into this washed-out, blurry, rainbow haze. And the game HAS to be rather close to photorealistic, applying such an effect to a game with low quality assets or an outdated engine is just ridiculous.

Lateral form of chromatic aberration is more of a "magnifying glass" type of effect which would be better suited for first-person-view games, this could simulate a thick convex glass of a helmet for example. It also would be nice if one could tweak how far from the center of the screen this aberration starts/increases, radius of an ellipse/circle that has no/little aberration inside, maybe some other non-circular shapes...
    Anyway, I think this is how CA is done in PAYDAY 2 and a lot of gamers hate this effect and the fact you can't turn it off entirely in that game(without a hack that is).

Why I'm interested in this effect at all is because when I played F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin (my favourite of all three parts BTW) I just LOVED how creatively they used chromatic aberration to give you that "presence effect" while sitting inside of a mech, the image you were getting "through the eyes of a mech" was bursting from subtle to crazy levels of chromatic aberration when mech was hit and, if I recall correctly, the CA even kept increasing gradually with your mech becoming more and more damaged, mixed with a lot of other special FX it was breathtaking and very realistic. Games like Titanfall should totally use this exact effect to simulate "mech vision", that way it's just incredible.

Maybe there's even a way to make a single shader so that chromatic aberration effect could go all the way from light longitudinal to strong lateral(transverse) by simply changing a couple of settings. I don't know, I'm not a programmer

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

11. Ioxa

Ioxa Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 670 2gb
    I managed to get chromatic aberration working with Radeon Pro. The first way I did it was to import the shader into 1.4 then go to the Radeon Pro game profile and added "CA:1#outfocus=0.0070" in the SFXEffectSettings. After adding the value for CA I set the file to read only so Radeon Pro wouldn't overwrite it. I loaded up the game and it worked!

So next I decided to try using Boulotaur's injector with the 1.5 shaders. I followed the same process and that worked too.

However, I can't get the gaussian shader to work, I'm guessing this is because it's a .fx file instead of a .h file. Without having any knowledge of how this stuff works I'm guessing the problem is that the .fx files aren't mentioned in main.h, are they called on from the dxgi and d3d9 .dll's? If so, would Radeon Pro be looking for the .fx files in a different location or not looking for them at all?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  12. Twitch77

Twitch77 Guest

GPU:
    3GB
    hey guys i haver tried and have no luck but can someone tell me how i can use Boulotaur2024 injector?

There is a game config i want to try for CSGO but have no luck getting it working with sweetfx

I extract files from K-Putts uploaded files into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive

But does not loaD

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  13. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Extract the stuff into the bin folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin" and keep the txts and inis where you left them (this first directory).
    Atleast, thats how i think it will work, i always get confused with the directory structure into steam games while using injectors myself.

14. Twitch77

Twitch77 Guest

GPU:
    3GB
    I do not get any ini file with the file kputt uploaded so i need the ini fle from the original sweetfx download then?

15. Twitch77

Twitch77 Guest

GPU:
    3GB
    here is a pic

imgur.com/rfsI2li

Thats all i got with

Boulotaur2024.Injector_CeeJay.dk's.1.5.1.Shader+ChromaticAberrationShader

Does not work

However i can install sweetfx 1.5.1 with no hassels and it works

16. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Direct quote from SweetFX DB:
    So try copying SweetFX files to both directories.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't see how that is of any use. I'm not sure if we're misunderstanding each other.

Basically the programs run at a resolution selected in their exes, and they do not give me the option of 1440p.

Edit: I should clarify. These programs have no separate exe from the launchers which force a selected resolution, with the highest being 1080p.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  18. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I see so you can use your native resolution as your desktop resolution but games do not detect native resolution. I think it could be an issue directly related with your video driver. You can also try to take a look at PCGW for some specific games. Especially older games do not detect higher resolutions but in most cases there is a workaround.

Another workaround I can suggest is running the games in borderless fullscreen windowed mode then overriding their resolution to your native resolution.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  19. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    SweetFX is not working in RAGE made by ID Software. I suppose it is an OpenGL game, so that is why it is not working. What a pity!

20. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Don't worry, the upcoming SweetFX that using new injector will support it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.