Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Well I caved and bought it, all the footage I've seen made me want it, it looks great. But as I'm a PC gamer it's 50/50 if it'll be good or not. Treyarch always make the best PC CoDs, with dedicated servers and a solid anti-cheat, whereas Infinity Ward use P2P rubbish and the worst anti-cheat known to man. I wonder if we'll get basic audio options and a FoV slider this time?

Plus paying £40 for a PC game hurts, but if it's good it'll be well worth it.

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    System Requirements

Minimum:
    OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209650/

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have to say im quite looking forward to the mp and mp is not something I even think about these days, not since halo 3.

This one looks almost as if its more interested in being a game, rather than trying to simply shift units using the COD name/brand.

Will keep an eye on it.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Honestly temped to give this a try this year. With al the titanfall stuff they have put in I imagine it should be pretty fun in mp.

Just need dedis and a good pc port.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I just want to know if there's dedicated servers, if so it'll be a guarantee buy for me.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, ded servers could be an instant by regardless of if its any different to previous cods or not. This matchmaking crap has got to go.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Just bought Ghosts for practically nothing. Time to get hyped!

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    He's just trollin like usual, omg look it can use 4gb vram, WOW?!! xD

While the game plays just fine @ 3gb vram buffer., usually it sits between 2800-2950mb.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is maxed out, 4xmsaa, physx turbulence - off (had some lags by smoke), physx fur -high.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Is that MSI Afterburner?

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes.

But its rtss fps limiter is a bit so so in this game, I have to use driver nvinspector 60fps limit and driver forced vsync + 1 frame to render ahead and its uber smooth.

Well that's if Im on low ping EU servers, US can be a bit laggy and cause something like texture streaming stutters.

11. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Rubbish.

COD: WaW died quickly, many reasons, haven't played myself.
    COD:BO had the worst PC optimization/performance of any shooter that I played, haven't playd the second one, read many bad things.

The last good COD is MW2, no Treyarch COD was any good, horrible weapon balance and other bad things.
    Giving people dedi's and more options doesn't mean they're good games.

12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    If you consider having dedicated servers, actual PC options and a working anti-cheat "rubbish" then sure. All Infinity Ward CoDs turn into cheat fests within a week, whereas Black Ops 2 didn't have any for months, even then it was like 1-2 a week. I personally really enjoyed WaW, Blops 1 & 2. To be fair I've enjoyed all CoDs apart from Ghosts, but I know Treyarch will treat me right and that's why I prefer their games.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Guess you didn't like them, fine. That's your taste then.

- WaW is still being played today. The setting just never stood a chance against MW1, not at the time.
    - Optimization wasn't bad at all, the game was CPU hungry. Nothing more, nothing less.
    - "read many bad things"... :3eyes:

I'm with MrH here and hopefully Sledgehammer will use Treyarch as their guideline.

14. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I think someone needs a reality check.

MW2 pfffft.

I too have to agree that WaW was a good game.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I remember playing WaW for a very long time.. it was one of my favorite cod games.. COD4 being my most favorite.

I'm pretty dumb founded at where the series has gone since there..

I don't think I will get this advanced cod.

16. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    I have a feeling this one will run well , but be boring to play. I really don't like the design of boost jumping or whatever is it called, just like TF. For me COD4 was the "summit" of the series , it's very hard to be that good again

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I really wish they did a beta .. but that damned prepurchase bonus of theirs will probably not let it happen >_< I just want to know what they're doing about anti-cheat and servers. If they're copying BO2 in that, I'll get it. No way I am spending $60 right now after how Ghosts was allowed to be released.

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Steam page has been updated, there will be variable FoV from 65 - 90. That's a good sign. A bad sign is VAC isn't listed for Advanced Warfare just like Ghosts, and we all know how that turned out.

The Exo suit could be exactly what the series needs, it will add another layer of skill and depth.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Exactly. Everyone keeps talking about how CoD is a piece of sh*t, that it's "the same game over and over with different weapons" and the like. And now a new developer with a new spin on the title brings out something completely different, and people are now essentially saying that it's TOO different? I don't think ANYTHING could be as bad as Ghosts. Just hoping it doesn't rely on Unlock Points or any of that kind of crap. Yes, using weapons to unlock attachments for said weapons, and leveling up to unlock newer weapons may be tedious, but it's that repetition that keeps me interested in the games. There's no fun in playing til you get enough unlock points to basically get your best gun, with the best attachments, and your favorite build.... and then just playing over and over. It's just like Dead Island.... No sense of accomplishment.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Your MSI Afterburner fonts looks great and the color is better too...I must check my settings to see if I can change it myself. Btw, the game isn't too bad. I chose Extra settings and it runs well on SLI at 120fps, most of the time.