CCC extended clock limits with newer betas

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Pestul, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Is there still a way to get the /xcl command working with new versions of Catalyst beta drivers? I've seen posts about replacing or adding pre 12.2 CCC files to Syswow64 or the MSI program directory, but doesn't that negate the performance improvements from the new drivers?

2. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Well, I ran the patch that includes the clock adjustment and it doesn't seem to effect performance of the driver / features. So I guess you can close this thread, since the /xcl command worked after this.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I used http://forums.********************/showthread.php?t=18431335 earlier today with 12.10 and it worked fine for extending the limits. In short, I had to use the xcl thing and some patch file.

Edit: I assume there is some reason overclockers UK is URL-filtered... but in any case, the thread I found there (and not on Guru3D, but it might be on these forums too) was titled "AMD - How To Overclock The Official Way Using MSI Afterburner"

The patch undid itself when I wiped out drivers and reinstalled 12.11 though, but I'll report back soon whether or not the same method works with 12.11.

Edit: Ok, so it seems that that patch file actually just installed 2 .dll's (the same names as the ones from the unofficial method) somewhere. The dll's from that patch differ in size from the ones for the unofficial method.

Putting the 2 newer patch .dll's in AB's folder, running the xcl thing, removing the 2 .dll's, and rebooting does allow a higher range of clocks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012